The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013

+4
talkingpoint
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
8 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013 Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013

Post by crippledtart Thu 31 Oct - 19:01

The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast is now available at www.v2wrestling.podomatic.com

This week, Chris is joined by Gavin and Richard to discuss the week in wrestling. Part 1 as usual focuses on TNA, and the fallout from AJ Punk leaving the promotion with the world title in his possession. How can TNA book the storyline better than the one that inspired it? Is AJ the right man for the job? You need wait no longer to find the answers.

In Part 2, the conversation moves on to WWE. Hell in a Cell gets reviewed, John Cena receives his customary mix of love and hate, and all the developments from Monday Night Raw are dissected.

Part 3 concentrates on The Shield, specifically the question of which member is best equipped for a future main event run in WWE. We go in depth on the pros and cons of Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins. This is a really interesting discussion that goes off the rails at the end with talk of stuffed marrows. But which member of The Shield has the brightest future? And are the marrows really stuffed?

Find out this and more in the v2 Wrestling Podcast.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013 Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013

Post by crippledtart Sat 2 Nov - 7:23

Popular show this week...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013 Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 30th October 2013

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 2 Nov - 8:34

crippledtart wrote:Popular show this week...
I had thoughts to give you but I've forgotten to put them down earlier in the week and I've forgotten them

I'm going to listen again in a wee while and I'll put something after that

Good show though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 2 Nov - 9:52

I enjoyed it too. The particular highlight was Chris' revelation that even when not on screen, me Anderson is turning.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 2 Nov - 10:14

Thoughts on the TNA section,

As crap as TNA have handled the whole Styles thing, I think him taking a break is a good move for him and TNA, it gives TNA a total break from the A&Es era, it gives them a chance to push the reset button and push on with Anderson/Bully and Angle/Roode which could be really good feuds, and Styles needs a break from TNA.

As you discussed the interim champ angle could have good legs and be handled better than WWE did it, Personally I'd have Roode win it and carry on his feud with Angle until Styles returns, then (in an ideal world) I'd have him beat Styles and carry on to BFG where he loses to Samoa Joe.

Personally for me, I like Styles as a very basic white meat babyface, but obviously he has a very limited scope for change, it seems any time TNA try to evolve his character it flops, my view of him in ring is he's obviously very athletic and has a great moveset, and when given the right opponent he has exceptional matches, but he isn't always the best at getting good matches out of limited opponents, he needs someone who can 'hang with him' so to speak

For me Styles should be positioned as an upper midcard/semi main event babyface pillar for TNA (either in the heavyweights or in the X Division), much like Undertaker was 'the conscience of the WWF' back in the mid/late 90's, Styles has been around long enough to earn the respect and love of a lot of TNA fans, there's not much need to mess around with a working formula, just have him be the babyface standard of TNA and let a younger scene evolve and change around him.

And as I right this some where, right now, Ken Anderson is turning while Ric Flair bleeds beside him..WOOO!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 2 Nov - 10:44

I was going to try and write something about the Shield as well, but there's very little that can be said, all 3 are very talented, all 3 could probably be main eventers, all 3 could be in trouble if not handled correctly.

I think Rollins and Reigns have the more conventional route to the top but at the same time they are the guys who could lost in the shuffle as they are more stereotypical and replaceable than Ambrose, who as the more unique and unorthodox guy, WWE creative could take a while to wrap their heads around him as a singles guy but I don't think he could ever sit in the mid card as a solo guy, he's either all or nothing.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 2 Nov - 13:39

The whole 24/7 the action never ends social media thing TNA have started is absolutely terrible. Could you please comment on this in the next podcast. The whole Kurt Angle injury thing, I find completely distasteful. If its a work, then I think it cuts too close to the bone - many wrestlers have died young because of the injuries and lifestyle incurred from the business and Angle has a history of injuries and problems. If he was acting memory loss then I think its poor taste from TNA. If it was real and he genuinely couldn`t remember what had happened then I don`t think they should use that for their new social media drive. The other clips are all just banal and mundane. We certainly don`t need more Dixie Carter.

I agree Bobby Roode needs to become champ again and I really like the idea of eventually having a ladder match to determine the undisputed champion between him and AJ Styles. Styles is okay in his role, not as charismatic as Punk for sure and definitely the poor man`s Punk. But I do think it makes sense as he`s been considered Mr TNA over its 11 year history. He`s seen the roster change dramatically over the years and precious TV time given to MMA stars and authority figures. I actually think some of his promos pre-BFG were very good.

For me where the Styles storyline failed is that it was too slow burn and his character was not defined well enough in the early stages. He was too enigmatic and it became confusing. He needed to show his cards sooner and have Dixie try and stop him from winning the BFG series, in order to create the feel good factor at the end with him making it to BFG.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 3 Nov - 0:49

I enjoyed the show a lot.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 4 Nov - 20:46

Great show as always Lads!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 5 Nov - 21:49

Only just listened to this, really good show guys. As soon as you were talking about who could have replaced AJ in the current role, my mind went to Aries. He's proved that he can be one of the best things on TNA when he puts his mind to it. He has the charisma that AJ so desperatley lacks in order to get over his reasons and it would have worked with him being the popular heel.
The only problem being whether he'd play a 'character' long enough or just however he felt on the day.

The Shield discussion was interesting and if you told me to out one member in a world title match at the next ppv I would choose Reigns over the other two. I think he'll be the first true main eventer out of the group, but that he won't have the same longevity as Ambrose and Rollins.

With Chris taking the mick out of my tastes at the start of the show, I know how House must feel. Chris, words can hurt...you need to take into account other people's feelings before using them!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 6 Nov - 6:30

Enforcer wrote:
With Chris taking the mick out of my tastes at the start of the show, I know how House must feel. Chris, words can hurt...you need to take into account other people's feelings before using them!
Baby boxing 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down