The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE

+10
Strongback
hogey
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Seanusarrilius
KingMonkey
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hampo17
Fists of Fury
mobilemaster8
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE - Page 2 Empty FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2511746/Carl-Froch-v-George-Groves-weigh-LIVE.html

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE - Page 2 Empty Re: FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE

Post by Strongback Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Just reading up on SKY that Froch has told Groves he's in trouble and that David Haye will tell him the same thing. What's Haye got to do with the price of fish?

Anyone else thing Froch's obsession with Haye mirrors that of STRONGY? Listening to the bluff, bluster and bravado, it's not hard to imagine they're the same person and, with constant references to lack of respect coupled with that big nose of his you can see how Froch/Strongy got that chip on his shoulder
Part of the banter between Groves and Froch was which one of them is better mates with David Haye.  You were a bit off the mark there with that post in all respects which isn't unusual.
Back to have your ar$e handed to you again STRONGY?
Really beginning to think you're just a stupid, stupid little man!
I'd like to see you going up against 8 or 9 posters.

As to your last post it's hot air and childish insults.  You were having a go at Froch and then me when you really didn't know what your were talking about.  That's the fact here.  

You're a waffler of epic proportions.
8 or 9 posters against one Yorkshireman...it's not fair. Go get some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hot air and childish insults" and this coming from the "meat trombone" guy. You silly silly SILLY little man.
1 Irishman against the rest. On your own all you are is hot air and mindless fallacious insults.

You're from Bradford aren't you?

Hardly a fortified position to start sling insults at anyone.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE - Page 2 Empty Re: FROCH VS GROVES - WEIGH IN LIVE

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Strong and Dave - please stop derailing this thread with insults. It is tiring and of no benefit to anybody - pack it in.
They both like UFC mate.......That's the common denominator !!......Boxing fans don't behave like this!!thumbsup 
No, they just punch defenceless drunks in pubs then come onto the boards claiming they've "still got it"
You're in a feisty mood today aren't you.......

Calm down buddy.......It's only a commercial..
Ah I was typing that one with a smile on my face...couldn't resist it...er...mate!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Strong and Dave - please stop derailing this thread with insults. It is tiring and of no benefit to anybody - pack it in.
They both like UFC mate.......That's the common denominator !!......Boxing fans don't behave like this!!thumbsup 
Tend to agree. Either way, they arhave had their warning. Let's be civil
I apologise Sean but I'd spent a lot of time typing my last retort (I say typing, I mean backspacing and correcting) and didn't want to waste it.

STRONGY's just being really mean to me 9using big four and five letter words) and I'm too immature to respond in any meaningful way. Maybe it's because it's Friday...but then again, I've been a git all week so perhaps it's something else.
Some might say It's the only way you can make a meaningful contribution also.......

Not me........But some...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Just reading up on SKY that Froch has told Groves he's in trouble and that David Haye will tell him the same thing. What's Haye got to do with the price of fish?

Anyone else thing Froch's obsession with Haye mirrors that of STRONGY? Listening to the bluff, bluster and bravado, it's not hard to imagine they're the same person and, with constant references to lack of respect coupled with that big nose of his you can see how Froch/Strongy got that chip on his shoulder
Part of the banter between Groves and Froch was which one of them is better mates with David Haye.  You were a bit off the mark there with that post in all respects which isn't unusual.
Back to have your ar$e handed to you again STRONGY?
Really beginning to think you're just a stupid, stupid little man!
I'd like to see you going up against 8 or 9 posters.

As to your last post it's hot air and childish insults.  You were having a go at Froch and then me when you really didn't know what your were talking about.  That's the fact here.  

You're a waffler of epic proportions.
8 or 9 posters against one Yorkshireman...it's not fair. Go get some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hot air and childish insults" and this coming from the "meat trombone" guy. You silly silly SILLY little man.
1 Irishman against the rest.  On your own all you are is hot air and mindless fallacious insults.

You're from Bradford aren't you?

Hardly a fortified position to start sling insults at anyone.
Doesn't matter where I'm from when the quality of opposition is as poor as your particularly flaccid offerings.

And I'd be careful insulting Bradford. When the populace wakes from it's alcoholic and narcotic stupor, learns to read (after discovering fire and learning to walk upright) you'll be in for some stick. You won't understand most of it but trust me, it will be withering.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Anyone know timings for this?

Ringwalks etc?

I'm sure they won't be pandering to the US (can't imagine there's the interest) but are we talking about 8pm start with Froch-Groves ringwalks 10.30ish, d'you think??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Anyone know timings for this?

Ringwalks etc?

I'm sure they won't be pandering to the US (can't imagine there's the interest) but are we talking about 8pm start with Froch-Groves ringwalks 10.30ish, d'you think??
What if all these mis-matches go the distance? We'll be waiting for the main fight to start on Monday lunch-time

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:27 pm

I'm sure there is a time the fight can't start before !!

Probably 10 pm..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:Froch on Groves a couple of years ago, Carl must know he has the ability to trouble him and that he could have to stop him late on.

Spoiler:
A finely edited video... I see you cut out the bit at the end where froch said.... 'shame he's chinny and his breath stinks'

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:32 pm

Hampo has an agenda ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

I've edited that video? Seriously?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

Sorry thought the irony was obvious enough to not require a smiley. My bad

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:00 pm

It's been a long day Milky Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

No worries fella... Amazing how froch's views on groves have changed though isn't it!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

Surely Froch will says he's never changed his opinion on Groves in much the same way he never lost the Kessler fight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 5:58 pm

At the weigh-in they both looked up for the challenge. I have to congratulate Groves because his pre-fight comments and attitude have really helped to gain interest, promote, and bring excitement to this fight.

Most of the media coverage in recent days has been more or less in response to Groves comments and attitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 6:07 pm

Thought Groves looked nervous at yesterdays press c, and looked even more so today and very emotional. That being said I thought he looked a bit nervous against Degale and he ended up performing quite well.

But I would not be surprised if its an explosive first few rounds with Groves being stopped in the 4th or 5th...

I still think he only chance of winning is on the back foot, using his superior speed to jab and nick rounds... if he can do that all night then credit to him.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 6:24 pm

Froch's body posture was more relaxed when they were face to face at the weigh - in. Froch brought his whole body up close to Groves while Groves stretched his neck out towards Froch - which although bringing his head close to Froch created a space between their bodies.

That type of posture reminded me of the posture Groves adopted in the Groves v Degale fight - his body always seemed to be curved away from Degale - trying to create as much space between him and Degale, while having his shoulders and arms forward to try to catch Degale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2