The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Final Round!

+18
Roller_Coaster
golfermartin
kwinigolfer
Galted
Il Gialloblu
ChequeredJersey
superflyweight
compelling and rich
sodhat
Union Cane
The Boss
seanmichaels
Adam D
jbeadlesbigrighthand
The Womble
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who do you think has made the biggest contribution to the history of British culture?

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap11%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap17%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 9 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 53

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Final Round!

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :

OK folks so we have finally reached the end of this year’s Culture Cup.  Thank the lord for that.  The last round is a spectacular extravaganza with double points on offer.  With the league table pretty congested at the top, this final effort will crown the first ever Cultural Champion of 606v2.  The question that will separate the men from the boys is Who do you think has made the biggest contribution to the history of British culture?  There are some obvious nominations and some that are very clever.  One or two strange ones as well.  Special thanks to compelling and rich for putting his persons achievements in brackets when he PM'd me.........how thick do you think I am, c&r!  

Before we move on to that, what happened in round 10 and ‘Best song with an emotion or emotional response in the title’…..

The big winner in this round was jbeadle whose pick of Johnny Cash and Hurt helped him pick up his first ever full points haul and moves him effortlessly away from the foot of the table.  Good work, beadle, good work.  There were a few dissenting voices suggesting that the song should have been banned along with Joy Division and Oasis, but those shouts were too late and beadle reaps the rewards.  Dolphins controversial pick was obviously not enough to deter two voters and picked him up some points which is more than can be said for Galted and ChequeredJersey who both failed to convince a single human being to vote for them.  Also without a vote is my father, Julius, but it is no real surprise when you see his song choice.  Tobacco chewing, female line dancers are a definite niche market.  Jeff lost a point to his arch rival, superfly, and it will take the final round to establish who is the better person between them.  It is like choosing between herpes and chlamydia, but there you go.  Hero and compelling and rich continue to be entangled lovers and both finished joint second this round.  Their fight to cultural death will be taken to the very end.  The biggest travesty is that Whitney Houston managed to get any votes, let along more than The Stone Roses, INXS, Nirvana and Radiohead.  I have genuinely lost faith in humanity.  I can only think she got a couple of votes simply for being dead.  Here is the updated league table:

Hero (FEAR): (10) 91
compelling and rich (You've Lost That Loving Feeling): (10) 88
seanmichaels (Motorcycle Emptiness): (7) 81        
Azzy (Friday I'M In Love): (9) 80                
TopHat (I Will Always Love You): (7) 73      
Adam (Crazy): (6) 70  
onlytreblewinners (Happy Birthday): (6) 65
Galted (Psycho Killer): (0) 62      
bhb (Every Day I Love You Less And Less): (8) 62              
Jeff (Ten Story Love Song): (5) 59              
The Womble (Never Tear Us Apart): (5) 57        
Dolphin (R*pe Me): (6) 57        
The Boss (Still In Love With You): (5) 56        
superflyweight (Paranoid Android): (6) 54        
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Hurt): (12) 52      
Union (Don't Fear The Reaper): (7) 51    
JuliusHMarx (You Made This Love A Teardrop): (0) 44      
ChequeredJersey (Feeling Good): (0) 39

So please see the poll for the last round and take your time as it is worth double points.  Again, there will be no vote cancelling and only one pick is allowed.

We have a guest contributor this round with rick_dagless taking the place of Azzy who cried off like the big girls blouse he is, so can we all welcome rick into the fold and don’t bully him for being a newcomer.  It's ain't big and it ain't clever.  Bit like seanmichaels, in fact.

I will leave this up for a few days and then work out who is the Cultural Champion when the votes dry up.

Remember, IT IS OPEN FOR THE WHOLE FORUM TO VOTE!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Final Round! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Final Round!

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:09 am

Always wondered how they decided who was riding pillion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

You don't seriously think you can make round 6 outlast this one, do you?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:08 am

Oh b*gger, wrong thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:23 am

Don't worry Glated/Galted I can delete comments. I am sure I can deal with this easily enough.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm

Wouldn't it be easier for you to delete Tino's posts rather than responding to them?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:08 pm

Possibly but I treat his output on here very much as a test to prove or disprove the infinite monkeys, infinite typewriters theory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

More like the theory about an infinite number of rednecks with shotguns in an infinite number of pickup trucks shooting at an infinite number of road signs producing all of Shakespeare's works in Braille.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:36 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm a bit disillusioned with life at the moment
Where has Union gone?

I hope he hasn't topped himself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 05 Dec 2013, 6:38 pm

Maybe the 667Killer got to him first.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5