The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza

+17
Hammersmith harrier
Azzy
rIck_dAgless
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Roller_Coaster
Dolphin Ziggler
Union Cane
compelling and rich
superflyweight
Hero
Rowley
The Womble
dancingweeman
seanmichaels
Stella
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHAT IS THE BEST COMBINATION OF FILM, ALBUM & AUTHOR?

Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap10%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap17%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_lcap10%Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 41

Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:22 am

Round 6 is all over and this takes us to the end of the regular season.  We now enter the realms of the ‘Double Point Extravaganza Final Round’.  Excited?  Me too.

So how did round 6 end up?  The big winner was a small man.  You dancing?  You asking?  Yes we are, dancingweeman, yes we are.  A maximum points haul for the weeman with Moneyball by Michael Lewis.  I’ve never read it but if it’s half as good as Liar’s Poker then it’s probably a worthy winner.  Fat Head Adam scooped up a solid 8 points for Fever Pitch which caused some angst amongst many posters, particularly SerialDAVE who wrote a poetically angry post besmirching the book and anyone who voted for it.  I’ve never read it but at least 8 people picked it either as a top choice or one of their reserves.  Elton John Seany picked up 6 points for Tyler Hamilton’s effort which, by most accounts, is a decent book.  Our reigning champ Hero kept up his consistency with 5 points for The Damned Utd.  Jeff and John Gordon Sinclair superfly both picked up 4 points apiece which means ‘Fly keeps his slender 1 point lead over his great rival.  A role reversal of when they play sword fights in the showers as Jeff normally edges that battle.  A whole host of posters picked up a big fat zero: Harrier, Shah Abu-bakr, Stella (justice for Definitely Maybe performing so well last time out), Nakatomi, SerialDAVE, Jules, Union, Dagless and (again) G-Unit.  Don’t worry chaps, I’m sure that’s more a reflection on the uncultured people of 606v2 than anything else. Better luck next time.  The league table is updated but with double points on offer for the last round, it could all change.

Here is the updated league table:

1) Hero 35 pts
2) Paul 33 pts
3) Trebs 32 pts
4) Fat Head Adam 29 pts
5) C&R 28 pts
6) The Boss 28 pts
7) Ziggler 26 pts
8) weeman 26 pts
9) GrumpyG*lfer 25 pts
10) Michaels 22 pts
11) Harrier 19 pts
12) Beadle 19 pts
13) Azzy 18 pts
14) superfly 13 pts
15) Stella 12 pts
16) Shah Abu-bakr 12 pts
17) Jeff 12 pts
18) Nakatomi 11 pts
19) SerialDAVE 9 pts
20) Jules 8 pts
21) Union Cane 7 pts
22) Dagless 7 pts
23) Ray Mears big fat zero pts

Round 7 is the final round so please vote for the BEST COMBINATION OF FILM, ALBUM & AUTHOR?  Don’t get carried away by one part of a choice.  Go for the combination of the three.

Remember, IT’S OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:53 am

Oh, you've got it all wrong Tino. Mine has to be exactly the way it was written in the PM otherwise it loses all effect.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Final Round Extravaganza

Post by Stella Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:07 am

Have voted for - Fight Club, Abbey Road, Mario Puzo. This is mainly for Abbey Road.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 am

You'd have voted for mine if Tino had done it right Stella. Everyone would.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 am

Empire Strikes Back swayed it for me. And George Orwell. Not as good as Watership Down or Redwall as far as animal books go but not bad. Not gonna act like a cu*t and pretend I've read Poopie like dumas and pizo, even more that I like the rubbish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 am

Can't trust him to do anything right.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 am

Did Union go for ET, Loaf and Dahl?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:49 am

I did.

Dahl was my author, that Meat Loaf album is awesome, and ET is a pretty decent film from my childhood.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:51 am

I'm trying to work out which one Jules picked and Tino ballsed up.

I'm rearranging the words/adding words to try and make them funny or witty but drawing a blank.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 am

It was LP (without the group), film, author, in that order.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:15 am

seanmichaels wrote: Not gonna act like a cu*t and pretend I've read Poopie like dumas and pizo, even more that I like the rubbish.

It's Puzo and he wrote The Godfather, he is hardly some 18th century philosopher. If you're going to call it sh*t, at least know what you're talking about.

By trying not to act like a c*nt, you have managed to do just that.

And Jules, I'm sorry, I had to keep it all in the same format. Just be satisfied with the fact I thought it was very clever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:18 am

Lexicon of Love, Love and Mary, Mary Shelley Jules?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote: Not gonna act like a cu*t and pretend I've read Poopie like dumas and pizo, even more that I like the rubbish.

It's Puzo and he wrote The Godfather, he is hardly some 18th century philosopher.  If you're going to call it sh*t, at least know what you're talking about.

Well my thoughts to Dumas apply.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:23 am

Dumas wrote the Three Muskateers and The Count of Monte Cristo, neither particularly modern works, but again not exactly the most obscurist of choices.

I voted for the choice which I strongly suspected is Galted's. I am not sure I need any reasoning beyond that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:24 am

Mean Girls/1989 – Taylor Swift/Alexei Sayle

Not sure who picked these, but whoever you are I love you dearly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 am

Rowley wrote:Dumas wrote the Three Muskateers and The Count of Monte Cristo, neither particularly modern works, but again not exactly the most obscurist of choices.

I took a 'rib' (?) out to the island where the book was about this time last year. Lovely coves where you can drop anchor and take a dip. Just off Marseilles it is.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:26 am

The Womble wrote:Lexicon of Love, Love and Mary, Mary Shelley Jules?

Correct Womble. I had written it as 'The Lexicon Of Love And Mary Shelley'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 am

Rowley wrote:Mean Girls/1989 – Taylor Swift/Alexei Sayle

Not sure who picked these, but whoever you are I love you dearly.

That'll be Union.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 am

It wasn't Union.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

That is very clever. It would have looked much better if it had been written like that above. It may even had got my vote.

But it won't. Because Tino didn't put it that way. Sorry Jules.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:34 am

Rowley wrote:Dumas wrote the Three Muskateers and The Count of Monte Cristo, neither particularly modern works, but again not exactly the most obscurist of choices.

I voted for the choice which I strongly suspected is Galted's. I am not sure I need any reasoning beyond that.

I was tempted by Galted's but his album put an end to that. I was tempted by your picks Jeff but your author ended your chances.

I've gone for Silence of the Lambs, Grace and Dahl. I love the film and quite like the album and author. Best combination I could find out of the choices.

There were a couple of options spoiled by have The Beatles as the album. I love Se7en and JRR Tolkien but I can't vote for anything with those crazy kids from Liverpool. Decent enough but never really 'got' them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:37 am

The Womble wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

That is very clever. It would have looked much better if it had been written like that above. It may even had got my vote.

But it won't. Because Tino didn't put it that way. Sorry Jules.

Not to worry Womble.
My other option was simply this - 'King'
Tino would have messed it up though.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 am

hmmmm. Top Gun could have been worth the pick alone if I'd have seen it. Cracking film.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:50 am

Can spot Adam's pick a mile off.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

SerialDAVE's is pretty easy to pick as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

seanmichaels wrote:hmmmm. Top Gun could have been worth the pick alone if I'd have seen it. Cracking film.
Gayest film ever... the scene with Rocky and Apollo frolicking in the sea in Rocky III is possibly the gayest scene ever in movie history but "Top Gun" beats it for overall gayness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:53 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:SerialDAVE's is pretty easy to pick as well.

Mean Girls........
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am

Stella wrote:

Mean Girls........

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:39 am

Stella wrote:

Mean Girls........

l*l
Only the mean ones end up dead...I'm not a callous person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 am

Lindsay Lohan is amazingly fit in mean girls. This nearly got my vote alone.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:14 pm

If I was to go on a celebrity...sorry, "celebrity" killing spree, Lohan would be high up on my list and also probably just high.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Voted for whoever picked the same film as me as they'd also gone for a great album and writer. I like to think that person will bloody well return the favour and we won't see any more votes for a film about a retarded alien and his frankly dubious relationship with a retarded human boy and an album by someone who looks like Mandy Dingle.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:54 pm

You're a Goodfellas and Radiohead fan?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Inception leading the pack. Dave may want to clear his diary as Galted will almost certainly have some work for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:04 pm

i really dont see the fuss with inception. think its for simple people who confuse easily

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Rowley wrote:Inception leading the pack. Dave may want to clear his diary as Galted will almost certainly have some work for him.
all clear right up until 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:hmmmm. Top Gun could have been worth the pick alone if I'd have seen it. Cracking film.
Gayest film ever... the scene with Rocky and Apollo frolicking in the sea in Rocky III is possibly the gayest scene ever in movie history but "Top Gun" beats it for overall gayness.

The volley ball scene to the soundtrack of 'playing with the boys' by Kenny Loggins. Movie gold.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Can't vote for my own so went for the Inception one in the end based purely on Fat Of The Land, even though The Prodge had already sold out massively by then.

My own selection will probably get no votes again, even though I tempered my achingly cultural album choice with a desperately populist film / author combo.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

The volley ball scene to the soundtrack of 'playing with the boys' by Kenny Loggins. Movie gold.
Could have just been a guy on guitar going "Whicky wichky waaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!!"

One guys films his own ass, the other comes up with titles and has a wah wah pedal.
"Let's call this one 'Stewardesses in heat"
"Great title Timmy, film ma butt"
"The hairy bobbin' man-ass!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Hating Inception is the most hipster thing you can do in modern film.

Orwell and Puzo both listed for a couple of good books (and Animal Farm is so wretchedly overrated), Tolkien is my favourite writer based on many things, but he isn't the world's best thanks to his own stubborn desire to live in a realm both in the story and his style.

F*** The Smiths. Morrissey is a c***.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 pm

if you really wanted to wind the hipsters / ray mears Galted something like

Inception / Definitely Maybe / Tony Parsons

may work

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Just listened to the new SLAYER single...excellent. Hammersmith will probably hate it but he can go f*ck himself due to forcing me to listen to Melechesh, which was sh!t...what part of the conversation where I said I hate black metal made him think, "Ooh Dave will like this!"?

C*NT!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:57 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Inception leading the pack. Dave may want to clear his diary as Galted will almost certainly have some work for him.

Handy, that's in line with the scheduled end of the round...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

It's Puzo and he wrote The Godfather, he is hardly some 18th century philosopher.  If you're going to call it sh*t, at least know what you're talking about.

Perhaps you'd think differently if you knew that Dumas' work inspired Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds.

Incidentally Tino, it's Alexandre, not Alexander. Dumas.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Voted for TESB, the Queen is Dead and George Orwell. Empire is a great film, the best out of the whole Star Wars saga. The Queen is Dead is a brilliant album by a brilliant brilliant band. Plus George Orwell wrote some decent stuff!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:07 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Perhaps you'd think differently if you knew that Dumas' work inspired Dogtanian and the Three Muskahounds.

DUMBASS...Sean was the inspiration for the William Sadler's character in Shawshank Redemption

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Now who looks like a c*nt?

One for one and all for one, muskahounds are always ready, one for one and all for one, helping everybody!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Handy, that's in line with the scheduled end of the round...
Sorry, I meant all clear up until just after quarter past eight this evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:09 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

One for one and all for one, muskahounds are always ready, one for one and all for one, helping everybody!
You...still!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:10 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Yeah, good one. If only you were quick enough to point it out.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next