The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How the Eurorubgy.com ranking coefficients are calculated...

2 posters

Go down

How the Eurorubgy.com ranking coefficients are calculated... Empty How the Eurorubgy.com ranking coefficients are calculated...

Post by quinsforever Mon 21 Oct 2013, 10:57 pm

Peter at eurorugby.com kindly got back to me regarding coeffficients used in the calculation of the strength of domestic and international club matches. I said i had asked and would re-post as soon as i got any information.

This relates to an earlier thread on the rankings of clubs in europe. as featured on:

www.eurorugby.com

"Dear, Xxxx,

Thanks for your encouragement.

I base the strength of the countries according to their performances in the Heineken Cup over the last 3 seasons (with more emphasis on last season). So, the countries coefficients in order are IRL, FR, EN, WA, SC, IT. That means more points are awarded to teams who beat an Irish team. However, to account for the differences between say Leinster and Connacht I also factor in each club's ranking position into the algorithm so considerably fewer pts are awarded for beating Connacht. "

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

How the Eurorubgy.com ranking coefficients are calculated... Empty Re: How the Eurorubgy.com ranking coefficients are calculated...

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue 22 Oct 2013, 8:37 am

Just pick the top 24 teams from the ET the end of the season to go into the RCC.

That would currently give eight English, ten French, three Irish, one Scottish and a Wales two.

Mind you, T14 results would have to be reduced by 6/7ths or something to compensate for the additional four games.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down