The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

+40
Pat_Mustard
Portnoy's Complaint
ValleyBoyo
Standulstermen
quinsforever
boss_cat2
MrsP
furra_linee
screamingaddabs
Notch
Majestic83
Artful_Dodger
Totalflanker
SecretFly
Gibson
BlueMuff
cakeordeath
KiaRose
GLove39
tigertattie
ME-109
LeinsterFan4life
Rory_Gallagher
MacKnocked-on
profitius
luvtotup
TJ
VinceWLB
Jenifer McLadyboy
Captain_Sensible
jimbopip
IanBru
Mickado
Sin é
funnyExiledScot
21st Century Schizoid Man
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Solid8
RDW
George Carlin
44 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Oct 2013, 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Violen11 v Munster Rugby Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Munste10

Friday 25 October 2013, KO: 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 11th competition game)
Assistant Referees: David Changleng, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Kirk (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

LIVE on BBC ALBA/TG4

A. Teams:

I. Glasgow
Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 James-10
15. Sean Maitland
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Byron McGuigan
12. Sean Lamont
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Duncan Weir
9. Chris Cusiter (Captain)

1. Ryan Grant
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Moray Low
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Rob Harley
7. Tyrone Holmes
8. Josh Strauss

16. Dougie Hall
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Jon Welsh
19. Tom Ryder
20. Chris Fusaro
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Mark Bennett

II.Munster
Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Jonath10 
15 Johne Murphy
14 Andrew Conway
13 Keith Earls
12 Ivan Dineen
11 Ronan O’Mahony
10 JJ Hanrahan
09 Conor Murray

01 James Cronin
02 Mike Sherry
03 Stephen Archer
04 Donncha O’Callaghan
05 Paul O’Connell
06 Peter O’Mahony Capt.
07 Sean Dougall
08 CJ Stander

Replacements: Damien Varley, Dave Kilcoyne, BJ Botha, Billy Holland, James Coughlan, Cathal Sheridan, James Downey, Casey Laulala.

B. Form - head to head

21 Played 21
7 Wins 13
13 Losses 7
1 Draws 1
41 Tries 55
29 Conversions 40
56 Penalties 49
1 Drop Goals 1
434 Points 505
25 Avg. Age 27

C. Form - last season:

Saturday 1 December 2012, 19:45 - Thomond Park
Munster Rugby 31 - 3 Glasgow Warriors

Friday 29 March 2013, 20:05 - Scotstoun
Glasgow Warriors 51 - 24 Munster Rugby

D. Parliamo Glasgow:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 589312- Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by George Carlin Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:44 am

Oh dear. Didn't manage to watch this but I don't like the sound of these match reports. Well done Munster, though.

Can any of my Weegie peeps offer an honest assessment. Did we lose it or did the men in red win it?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October

Post by screamingaddabs Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

I was at the game. Glasgow were pretty pish for large parts, probably didn't deserve to win.

The referee was terrible. I'm not saying he cost Glasgow the game ( as I said they were pretty poor fir most of the game), but he just didn't have control of the game. The Munster players were acting like footballers fir much of it, constant whinging and complaining and the ref let them do it. he started penalizing Glasgow in the scrum every time and I'm not sure why. he made some very good calls, but missed some obvious foul play too. made the game a bit crap really.

The Munster try was a good try, bad Glasgow defence.

Not complaining about the result, but the referee and the Munster players attitude left a lot to be desired to be honest. Glasgow were not good enough to face up to this though. If I was being kind I'd say that Munster were just more " street wise"...
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm

Glasgow statement;

"We believe a dangerous act of foul play was committed by a Munster player against Niko Matawalu last night"

The matter is with the citing commissioner. Anyone shed any light on this?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

DOC's arm fell into Niko's mouth and forced him to bite him?

That particular incident happened about 79 min. DOC went to the ref and showed him his arm and complained about been bitten. Asked him to get the TMO involved.

Could be that Glasgow are upset about the accusations of biting (though I don't think DOC fingered Niko).

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

There were allegations of O'Callaghan acting after the final whistle too Sin. But I'd heard about that.

Full statement;

Glasgow wrote:A Glasgow Warriors spokesperson said: “We believe a dangerous act of foul play was committed by a Munster player against Niko Matawalu during last night's game at Scotstoun.

“We have formally written to the citing commissioner to draw his attention to this.

“The matter is now with the citing commissioner and Celtic Rugby to review as part of their disciplinary process.

“Glasgow Warriors will be making no further comment whilst the matter is being investigated by Celtic Rugby."
http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/13/10/26/club-statement
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:34 pm

Sin é wrote:DOC's arm fell into Niko's mouth and forced him to bite him?

That particular incident happened about 79 min. DOC went to the ref and showed him his arm and complained about been bitten. Asked him to get the TMO involved.

Could be that Glasgow are upset about the accusations of biting (though I don't think DOC fingered Niko).

Funny that, his elbow fell onto Milurrays back/neck as well. Could be his face fell into DOCs fist at the end..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:27 pm

I have waited 24 hours to post this as I was seething with anger last night. Yes Munster deserved to win as they took their chances in a desperate game of rugby. Glasgow were awful 1-15 with the exception of Josh Strauss who kept going, if to no avail. Munster were an absolute disgrace in the second half and were as cynical a side as I have ever seen on a rugby field. Time wasting, feigning injuries the whole wendyball gamut! This was not helped by a totally incompetent referee who lost control early on and whose choice of red shirt, blue shorts was identical to Munster and flags up his complete and utter stupidity. The scenes at the end were a disgrace and it may be as well that the (away) players do not go off via the North Stand judging by the venomous anger pouring out of that area and directed at Munster players and their borderline cheating.

I can only wish Munster the very worst for the rest of the season. They are an embarrassment to Irish rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

Ah Schiz man. Thats a wee bit heavy dude. Ya know.
Ye were shoite. They found it easy to cope. Get over it mon.

Please don't run down the team and the creed that made the HC what it is today. Them and Toulouse.

Warriors are having a HC v PRO12 problem methinks. Its testing. Deal with it.

Warriors will win the PRO12.

Believe
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:56 pm

Gibbo,

I thought Castres (last seasons Heino) were the nastiest, most cynical side I had the mispleasure to see in Glasgow but Munster took that to a new level of cynicism last night. I would agree with you that Hanrahan looks a fine player.

And for Jimbo, ASBO, Bru and co, Toonie went back up to 7-8% in the muppet stakes for his daft use of replacements.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:30 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:I have waited 24 hours to post this as I was seething with anger last night.   Yes Munster deserved to win as they took their chances in a desperate game of rugby.   Glasgow were awful 1-15 with the exception of Josh Strauss who kept going, if to no avail.   Munster were an absolute disgrace in the second half and were as cynical a side as I have ever seen on a rugby field.   Time wasting, feigning injuries the whole wendyball gamut!   This was not helped by a totally incompetent referee who lost control early on and whose choice of red shirt, blue shorts was identical to Munster and flags up his complete and utter stupidity.    The scenes at the end were a disgrace and it may be as well that the (away) players do not go off via the North Stand judging by the venomous anger pouring out of that area and directed at Munster players and their borderline cheating.

I can only wish Munster the very worst for the rest of the season.  They are an embarrassment to Irish rugby.

Biting is the lowest form there is on a rugby field and Glasgow won that award! Plenty off the ball carry on as well so get off your high horse just cause ya lost

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:14 am

biting hasn't been proven. If it is then shame on whomever did it. As stated by schiz and myself, Munster deserved the win, Glasgow were poor.

None of this makes the Munster behavior better. By which I mean their constant arm waving at the ref and back chat to touch judges and referee ( not just around the " incidents", for the whole game). constant running away with the ball or kicking it away when they conceded a penalty. At EVERY break in play the game stored whilst one of their players received " treatment". The referee should have sorted these issues out, but he didn't. None the less I found the football player like behaviour of the whole team distasteful.

to reiterate: this does not excuse biting if it happened and Munster were the better side.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:19 am

Glasgow shuld have been good enough to take munster apart. That would negate the time wasting. Instead they got sucked into it. The answer to time wasting and cynical play is to take 'em apart on the field. Glasgow failed to do this.

sounds like there may have been a bite, however beating up a player off the pitch should result in long bans. For Glasgow to complain of " a serious act of foul play" will I believe mean something serous went on.

However - to go back to the original point. the best way to deal with cynical play is on the pitch. Glasgow failed to do this.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:27 am

TJ wrote:Glasgow shuld have been good enough to take munster apart.  That would negate the time wasting.  Instead they got sucked into it.  The answer to time wasting and cynical play is to take 'em apart on the field.  Glasgow failed to do this.

sounds like there may have been a bite, however beating up a player off the pitch should result in long bans. For Glasgow to complain of " a serious act of foul play" will I believe mean something serous went on.

However - to go back to the original point.  the best way to deal with cynical play is on the pitch.  Glasgow failed to do this.
Townsend has 'form' for counter claims to do with biting.

That the French club [Castres] withdrew the allegation [of Peter Clohessy racially abusing Ismaela Lassissi of Castres] is to their credit and an indication of the spurious nature of the charge. Gregor Townsend, who brought the supposed remark to the French club's attention, did not even travel to the hearing in Dublin. The French club further damaged the credibility of their defence by making the laughable assertion that the prop forward's arm had made contact with Lassissi's mouth. It was a new low for the competition and Munster, who had never been involved in a citing in the competition.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:37 am

Sine e - they punched matawalo repeatedly off the pitch after the game. I gues that is the act referred to

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:47 am

TJ wrote:Sine e - they punched matawalo repeatedly off the pitch after the game.  I gues that is the act referred to
From what I've heard, DOC went for him (presumably because of the biting incident) after the game in the tunnel. Matawalo was not on his own. Some claiming his jersey was ripped off.

Also allegations coming from the Glasgow fans that the MOTM (JJ) stole one of the match balls from some kid Very Happy 

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:52 am

Sine:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/spurious-racist-card-allegation-unfair-to-clohessy-26238840.html

It accuses Townsend of highlighting a racist remark allegedly made by Peter Clohessy, and at no point links it to biting, other than stating that someone from Townsend's then club made an allegation of Peter Clohessy being bitten.

Don't be an idiot, Sine. You should apologise.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

[quote="Sin é"]
TJ wrote:
Also allegations coming from the Glasgow fans that the MOTM (JJ) stole one of the match balls from some kid Very Happy 

He didn't steal it, he gave him it, then had a change of mind and took it off him. Which is a complete dick move

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

Sin e is highlighting that Townsend has form before for making an accusation of foul play to distract from foul play by one of his players.  I doubt this is so in this case but its nothing for Sin E to apologise for

Last edited by TJ on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:56 am

Sine, the quote you left up there should be taken down. It is ill-informed, nasty, and facile. There's probably a reason you didn't link the article it was taken from. Irish Opinion, eh?

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:59 am

No TJ, Sine isn't saying that, Sine is saying that Townsend has "form" for counter claims to do with biting. It is all up there in Black and White.
Townsend doesn't have form in this at all, and Sines quote is weak and borderline idiotic.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:

He didn't steal it, he gave him it, then had a change of mind and took it off him. Which is a complete dick move
That is a dick move.

Apparently the act of foul play is an alleged elbow from Murray?

Funniest rugby tweet I saw this weekend was the one saying Rob Penney had to shoot Donncha O'Callaghan in the head before he turned into a Glasgow player.

Last edited by Notch on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:01 am

[quote="furra_linee"]Sine:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/spurious-racist-card-allegation-unfair-to-clohessy-26238840.html

It accuses Townsend of highlighting a racist remark allegedly made by Peter Clohessy, and at no point links it to biting, other than stating that someone from Townsend's then club made an allegation of Peter Clohessy being bitten.

Don't be an idiot, Sine. You should apologise.

[/quote

Happens loads of times to distract from other foul play. You may know from this forum that I have no time for Shane Williams because he did something similar to Marcus Horan (accusing him of making a racist comment to distract from other foul play).

Biting and accusing players of racist comments is the lowest of the low when it comes to foul play in rugby.

By the way, anyone Glasgow fans any defence for Niko driving his elbow into Murray's back (which Murray reacted to and will probably be cited for)?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:04 am

Furra linee - chill out. sin e is wrong but its a legitimate point.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:09 am

Sin é wrote:
By the way, anyone Glasgow fans any defence for Niko driving his elbow into Murray's back (which Murray reacted to and will probably be cited for)?
[/quote]
I don't remember Niko doing this, I remember him diving on the player. Which was stupid and warranted a penalty at the very least, but I don't think he lead with the elbow. I remember the retaliation with the elbow. However when I re-watch the game I will look out for it.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:11 am

Naah I don't think so, Sine.

My beef with you is specifically around you stating that Townsend has form to do with biting. He doesn't, and you have no evidence to prove that he does, and the article you quoted from is the usual Irish Independent hatchet job. This is the reason I am calling cowpat on you.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:29 am

furra_linee wrote:Naah I don't think so, Sine.

My beef with you is specifically around you stating that Townsend has form to do with biting. He doesn't, and you have no evidence to prove that he does, and the article you quoted from is the usual Irish Independent hatchet job. This is the reason I am calling cowpat on you.
I didn't claim that he has form with biting. I claimed he has form in coming up with spurious claims to counter other actions of foul play (be it biting or whatever).

I have evidence that he made an untrue claim in the past when playing for Castres about another player. His club withdrew the allegations, so they didn't believe him either.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:33 am

cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:
I don't remember Niko doing this, I remember him diving on the player. Which was stupid and warranted a penalty at the very least, but I don't think he lead with the elbow. I remember the retaliation with the elbow. However when I re-watch the game I will look out for it.[/quote]
It was a cheap shot. Reading the comments here, you'd think butter wouldn't melt in the Glasgow player's mouths.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

ERM... anywaaaaaay...

Back to happier things. Any of you guys interested in going to this?
http://thexvithwarriorblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-xvith-warrior-pub-quiz-2013.html

606v2 team?
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

Sin é wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:
I don't remember Niko doing this, I remember him diving on the player. Which was stupid and warranted a penalty at the very least, but I don't think he lead with the elbow. I remember the retaliation with the elbow. However when I re-watch the game I will look out for it.
It was a cheap shot. Reading the comments here, you'd think butter wouldn't melt in the Glasgow player's mouths.

[/quote]
Sin, I am trying to have an unbiased view, I have simply recounted what I remember, I have also said when I watch it again I will look out for it, with an open mind.

I am not sure how that equates to your response. Although going on that I could equally say that reading your comments here that you would think butter wouldn't melt in the Glasgow Munster player's mouths.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

Glasgow Warriors v Munster Rugby, 25 October  - Page 5 1347041234 

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:53 am

Sine I don't want to get into this too deeply, but:
In 2002 Townsend made an allegation that another player made a racist comment. You have no evidence that that was done to subvert authority or distract, and no evidence that it was done to "counter other allegations of foul play". Whilst his club dropped the allegation, there is still no evidence that it didn't happen. Sometimes people are just racist, sadly. What I can say is that this discussion is distracting from the wendyball antics of Munster on Friday night (and Glasgows poor performance).

You said that:
"Townsend has 'form' for counter claims to do with biting"

He doesn't! Simple as that. All else is nonsense.

Anyway, you can have the last word if you like, I'm off to enjoy the sun. On the game itself, I agree with this: (from screamingaddabs):

biting hasn't been proven. If it is then shame on whomever did it. As stated by schiz and myself, Munster deserved the win, Glasgow were poor.

None of this makes the Munster behavior better. By which I mean their constant arm waving at the ref and back chat to touch judges and referee ( not just around the " incidents", for the whole game). constant running away with the ball or kicking it away when they conceded a penalty. At EVERY break in play the game stored whilst one of their players received " treatment". The referee should have sorted these issues out, but he didn't. None the less I found the football player like behaviour of the whole team distasteful.

to reiterate: this does not excuse biting if it happened and Munster were the better side.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

And a new league rivalry has been born...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

Do we even know if Glasgow are complaining about an on field incident or a post game incident?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Sin, I am trying to have an unbiased view, I have simply recounted what I remember, I have also said when I watch it again I will look out for it, with an open mind.

I am not sure how that equates to your response. Although going on that I could equally say that reading your comments here that you would think butter wouldn't melt in the Glasgow  Munster player's mouths.[/quote]
I don't think the Munster players are angels, but all of the comments in thread are about how cynical, horrible etc. Munster are. Munster were giving as much as they were getting.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:07 am

furra_linee wrote:Sine I don't want to get into this too deeply, but:
In 2002 Townsend made an allegation that another player made a racist comment. You have no evidence that that was done to subvert authority or distract, and no evidence that it was done to "counter other allegations of foul play". Whilst his club dropped the allegation, there is still no evidence that it didn't happen. Sometimes people are just racist, sadly. What I can say is that this discussion is distracting from the wendyball antics of Munster on Friday night (and Glasgows poor performance).

You said that:
"Townsend has 'form' for counter claims to do with biting"

He doesn't! Simple as that. All else is nonsense.

Anyway, you can have the last word if you like, I'm off to enjoy the sun. On the game itself, I agree with this: (from screamingaddabs):

Racist allegations are very serious and easy claims to make. Are you saying that someone or other that Townsend would be the only one to hear them? Why didn't his club back him up?

There will be a cloud over someone who makes claims like that when they are not proven (and worse still, your club don't believe you).

Plent of stuff the Glasgow players got away with - they certainly brought out the worst in the Munster players (some might say best by giving as much as they were getting).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:08 am

No Sin E - muster were the worst at the cynical play - however Glasgow were foolish for falling for it. The answer to cynical play is up the tempo and use the fact their players are out of position whinging / trying to slow the game down. Glasgow were naive and foolish.
Crap game to watch tho - for which both sides get a C-

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:32 am

It appears that the Glasgow players and their supporters (probably over from the football) reverted to form..given their lack of ability on the pitch...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

Sin é wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I am not sure how that equates to your response. Although going on that I could equally say that reading your comments here that you would think butter wouldn't melt in the Glasgow  Munster player's mouths.
I don't think the Munster players are angels, but all of the comments in thread are about how cynical, horrible etc. Munster are. Munster were giving as much as they were getting.

If you think Munster were just giving as much as they were getting during that game then you have been watched it with rose tinted spectacles on. I'm neither a Glasgow fan or a Munster fan but the way Munster players especially O'Callaghan behave during that game was a disgrace and an embarrassment to Munster rugby. If it is true what happened after the game with the Munster players towards Glasgow fans really is appauling!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:44 am

Be interesting to know which incident Glasgow wrote to the citing people about.

Also having watched the end of the game again, and seen the players doing the usual handshakes at the end, very disappointing to think that some players started fighting after that.

Also in light of all this, the return fixture at Thomond is going to be extra interesting.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:52 am

GLove39 wrote:Be interesting to know which incident Glasgow wrote to the citing people about.

Also having watched the end of the game again, and seen the players doing the usual handshakes at the end, very disappointing to think that some players started fighting after that.

Also in light of all this, the return fixture at Thomond is going to be extra interesting.
Yes, it will be a sell-out in April Very Happy 

I read that Glasgow cited an incident which occurred during the game. So not the tunnel incident were hanni...ahem...Niko received a fashion makeover from a helpful DOC.

The incident may be the elbow that a few have mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:59 am

ME-109 wrote:It appears that the Glasgow players and their supporters (probably over from the football) reverted to form..given their lack of ability on the pitch...
Seems like we have found today's village idiot!

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:00 pm

Me 109 has previous form

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

GLove39 wrote:Be interesting to know which incident Glasgow wrote to the citing people about.

This is quite unusual. Its not normal for clubs to a) write to the citing commissioner (they may make comments to look out for something after the game to his face), and b) issue a press release to say they have complained about it.

I'd be pretty sure Munster would be mentioning the biting incident, but haven't felt the need to issue a press release about it.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

Do Munster need to report that incident or will the ref have to make mention of it since it was reported during the match?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:15 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Yes, it will be a sell-out in April Very Happy 

I read that Glasgow cited an incident which occurred during the game. So not the tunnel incident were hanni...ahem...Niko received a fashion makeover from a helpful DOC.

The incident may be the elbow that a few have mentioned.
That's disappointing if thats the case,hope both are investigated. The idea of players fighting after the full time whilste has gone and hands have been shaken goes against the very ethos of rugby.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

Well, biting someone would upset most players and it would be quite understandable if they forgot their manners if they believed they had been bitten.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:26 pm

MrsP wrote:Do Munster need to report that incident or will the ref have to make mention of it since it was reported during the match?
The Independent Citing Commissioner speaks to the ref and teams after the match and asks if there is anything they want him to look out for during the game. No need to make a written, formal request. (Unless, you think they might not see the alleged incident and you want to place doubt in everyone's mind.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:34 pm

Majestic83 wrote:
ME-109 wrote:It appears that the Glasgow players and their supporters (probably over from the football) reverted to form..given their lack of ability on the pitch...
Seems like we have found today's village idiot!
And yet your own synopsis of the game is as idiotic as anything posted on here. Completely ignoring the foul play from Glasgow...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:34 pm

GLove39 wrote:That's disappointing if thats the case,hope both are investigated. The idea of players fighting after the full time whilste has gone and hands have been shaken goes against the very ethos of rugby.
Hi, Glove.

From what I understand I think there may be two citings reported. One against each team. I don't know, but I suspect a little exaggeration from each sides fans. Soon we will hear DOC has rabies, and Munster players rip the heads of kids teddy bears.

Don't think there's much point in fans getting upset with each other until the facts are established, and hopefully the facts are not just as bad as the allegations.

Whatever the outcome, the next game will be followed with even more interest than it would have otherwise Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:41 pm

Paul O' Connell has chubby ankles and his boobs aren't what they were.

Take that, Munster. boxing
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next