The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend)

+3
AlexHuckerby
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
7 posters

Go down

Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend) Empty Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 14 Oct 2013, 9:46 am

Could possibly be a FOTY candidate this one and have heard very little being mentioned of it.

How do we see this one going?

I am siding with Provodnikov by TKO late.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend) Empty Re: Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend)

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 14 Oct 2013, 9:51 am

Total war

I'm going for Mike as he showed a good enough level of boxing in the second rios fight that suggests he could do the same to Ruslan. Ruslan was out worked by Bradley and earlier Herrera and Alvarado throws lots of punches

One thing I'd say about Provodnikov is that I think he is the stronger and is the harder puncher, a harder puncher than Rios also, so if they do go toe to toe at short-mid range you'd favour him but at mid-long range ot favours Alvarado who has a good jab and a strong right hand

Back to top Go down

Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend) Empty Re: Mike alvardo vs Ruslan Provodnikov (This coming weekend)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 14 Oct 2013, 9:59 am

Was thinking that myself WHU.

But Bradley is a lot quicker than Mike (even when he was concussed)

Alvardo showed he can be hurt by a weaker puncher in Rios, and I reckon if he gets tagged by any of those shots that Bradley got clipped with, then its good night Irene for him.

Some of those punches Provodinikov threw didn't look to be that fast of hard, but the way these sent Bradley staggerin about like an alcoholic was mental.

My pick for Ruslan isn't a sudden pick. It is razor thin, but I reckon a KO will happen and would say there is more chance of Alvardo being stopped than Prov
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:04 pm

Think Rios has better stamina than Ruslan. He only mustered up around 5 or 6 big attacks and seemed dead tired throughout the rest of the fight against Bradley.

Thought he beat Herrera personally aswell...

Provodnikov looks to be a harder and more devastating puncher whereas Rios is a little more wear you down although he is a big puncher.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm

This fight is hard to call, agree with the above. If Alvarado keeps this long, the same way he did v Rios, then he wins. But if he gets involved in a tear up I think he goes. Alvarado has had a lot of wars in his career already, can't afford another.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:15 pm

Absolutely agree Sean, if he can stay away from keeping it a war for sustained periods of time and ride it out when it does inevitably become a bit of a war he should win it on the ability from boxing from a distance. Just depends if he can ride the waves.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 15 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm

Some good money to be made here with Provo at evens...

I think Alvardo will try and box this one. But I think people are forgetting just how rubbish Rios actually is. He wont keep Provo away like he did Rios.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:12 pm

As someone said Provodnikov may be more explosive and more powerful than Rios but he hasn't got the same intesity

He fights in spurts and gets fatigued quickly, and his face becomes a mess so he can't go too gung ho

Is this at 140 or 147 (although tbh its doesn't really matter as Mike weighed 158lbs on the night against Rios)?

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 16 Oct 2013, 7:36 am

Looking forward to this (cheers Sky) as I've seen very little of both in comparison to most big fights. Can't offer much pre fight other than I'm hoping it'll be a war.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:52 am

If Alvarado sticks to his gameplan, same as Rios 2, then he'll outbox Providnikov from off the backfoot.

If Alvarado gets into a war, as he often does. Then Providnikov can land the Hail Mary and it could be goodnight Mile High Mike.

Provodnikov has power, but if less of a threat than Rios.

Alvarado by UD.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down