The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov

+5
Herman Jaeger
PPVxHOTTY
RanjitPatel
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Gerry SA
9 posters

Go down

Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov Empty Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov

Post by Gerry SA Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Fight has been agreed for 19th October in Denver, CO(Alvarado's home town)

Fight is for the WBO junior welterweight title(I'm assuming Marquez has vacated or been stripped, as Alvarado is the 'interim' belt holder).

This should be an absolute slugfest.

Alvarado by 10th round KO

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov Empty Re: Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 pm

I think Alvarado will try to replicate the second rips fight gameplay as Ruslan has the stronger chin and is the harder hitter but is easier to hit and smaller & shorter so mile can use his jab to good effect again

One things for sure, it's going to be fun

Back to top Go down

Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov Empty Re: Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 pm

I like the look of Ruslan, looks like he will always be in exciting fights due to his style and power.
Everytime he caught Bradley it looked like Bradley was going to go. I thought if he had stepped on the gas a bit he could have got him out of there.
Was looking forward to his next fight to see if it was his power doing the damage or if Bradley's punch resistance had gone.

As a result of that fight i think Ruslan kos Alvarado and JMM kos Bradley.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 am

RanjitPatel wrote:I like the look of Ruslan, looks like he will always be in exciting fights due to his style and power.
Everytime he caught Bradley it looked like Bradley was going to go. I thought if he had stepped on the gas a bit he could have got him out of there.
Was looking forward to his next fight to see if it was his power doing the damage or if Bradley's punch resistance had gone.

Styles make fights, Alvarado in his last fight showed that he was more than a slugger, I think that in that last fight, where he banged it out at the beginning, then in the end, he picked his shots and showed that he can do whatever he wants to. The problem with Alvarado is he never makes it easy for himself. Finally people forget Ruslan took many punches against Bradley and Roach even threatened to stop the fight on numerous occasions. Alvarado to win by unanimous decision.

Theirs no way in hell JMM stops Bradley, mentally for Marquez ask yourselfs 'how difficult will it be for JMM to train for Bradley after having Manny on the mind for years?'. He didn't do well against Floyd who moves a lot but Floyd was also 3 times his size and paid to overlook the weight advantage. We know Bradley has a chin after the Ruslan fight, and Ruslan hits very hard, but not with the precision of JMM. He knows how to hurt you 'ask Manny' What people fail to realize is that although the Mexican style is not to be a 'slick boxer' it doesn't mean they are easy targets, another example Trout trying to hit Canelo and Canelo simply weaving his head around all of Trouts shots and laughing. If the going gets tough the 'proven' heart of Bradley will get him through and again Bradley to take a points win here.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 am

Lot to like about this fight.

You'd think Alvarado would have the boxing ability to take this on points, that is if those two wars with Rios haven't left any mark, because he wouldn't want to take too many flush shots from Provodnikov. Bet he wouldn't have minded an easier fight than this straight after Rios.

Winner vs Karass?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:23 am

People forget that pre Bradley Provodnikov wasnt that highly thought of, and the loss on his record was to Herrera, who Alvarado beat quite comfortably

Herrera's hand speed and combinations gave Ruslan problems and he will once again be the slower man

Both mark up like mad so I think this could be the deciding factor over who can force  a stoppage

Would love the winner vs Karass, but Karass is with goldenboy. In an ideal world they would fight, and if they id say Karass is probably just a bit to big for both, particularly Ruslan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:48 am

Great fight really looking fwd to it! There's a lot of great match ups coming up this year

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote:
RanjitPatel wrote:I like the look of Ruslan, looks like he will always be in exciting fights due to his style and power.

Styles make fights, Alvarado in his last fight showed that he was more than a slugger, I think that in that last fight, where he banged it out at the beginning, then in the end, he picked his shots and showed that he can do whatever he wants to. The problem with Alvarado is he never makes it easy for himself. Finally people forget Ruslan took many punches against Bradley and Roach even threatened to stop the fight on numerous occasions. Alvarado to win by unanimous decision.

Theirs no way in hell JMM stops Bradley, mentally for Marquez ask yourselfs 'how difficult will it be for JMM to train for Bradley after having Manny on the mind for years?'. He didn't do well against Floyd who moves a lot but Floyd was also 3 times his size and paid to overlook the weight advantage. We know Bradley has a chin after the Ruslan fight, and Ruslan hits very hard, but not with the precision of JMM. He knows how to hurt you 'ask Manny' What people fail to realize is that although the Mexican style is not to be a 'slick boxer' it doesn't mean they are easy targets, another example Trout trying to hit Canelo and Canelo simply weaving his head around all of Trouts shots and laughing. If the going gets tough the 'proven' heart of Bradley will get him through and again Bradley to take a points win here.

I've made quite a bold prediction. To say there is no chance in hell of JMM ko'ing Bradley after their previous fights is ludicrous. If Marquez catches Bradley like he did Pacquaio then Bradley will be sleeping all the same.
Provodnikov is a different story. Alvarado could and should easily out box him but I just think Prov will catch up to him. 2 shocks maybe.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Good fight, this.

Neither man is much of a boxer but Alvarado has shown in his last outing that he's coming on in that department. It wasn't all that long ago that he was getting outboxed for nearly an entire fight by Prescott, the ultimate flat track bully, but he's added some extra craft to his game which makes him favourite against Provodnikov, for me.

Provodnikov is just as heavy handed though, maybe even more, and probably has the better chin, too. Against the height and reach disadvantages he'll be facing he'll need his inside game to be in top condition, because although he hurt Bradley plenty of times early on and late, the middle stages of that fight showed that if he gets stuck at middle range or further out he cane be outboxed for a good few rounds at a time.

If there is a stoppage I'd fancy Provodnikov to get it rather than Alvarado, but I suspect that Alvarado will have enough, just about, to grind out a hard, gruelling points win; his speed, height / reach and better fundamentals should see him bag enough rounds. But he'll have to suck up some real punishment along the way and Provodnikov is in with a very good shout of getting the upset.

Looking forward to this one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Alvarado KO after Ruslan slips on a cocktail of both mens' blood and hits his head on the edge of the ring.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Just an update on this.

Mike Alvarado has been promoted to full WBO junior welterweight champion.

Gotta say I'm surprised that Juan Manual Marquez wasn't stripped of the title a lot earlier. Marquez said he wasn't going to compete at 140 again, yet was allowed to keep the title for 13 months.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Lucky for Alvarado, Marquez would have put some whooping on him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down