The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Provodnikov

+17
Coxy001
Hands Of Stone
ONETWOFOREVER
catchweight
88Chris05
BoxingFan88
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
shenglong2015
Lance
milkyboy
Dipper Brown
AdamT
Rodney
21 posters

Go down

Khan vs Provodnikov Empty Khan vs Provodnikov

Post by Rodney Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:23 pm

Apparently done for 7th November at the Barclays Center. Can't make my mind up whether this is stylistically brilliant for Khan to look good or disastrous.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Provodnikov Empty Re: Khan vs Provodnikov

Post by AdamT Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:25 pm

Good fight. Khan should out box him, but what happens if Prov finds his chin??

Fair play to Khan. Not a bad fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

Always been a big critic of Prov's. He's so basic, I really think Khan should have no trouble hitting and not getting hit. Just couldn't see anything other than a procession for Khan.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

They don't put him in with pressure fighters or punchers remember

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Good fight. Whichever way it goes I think it will be fun. Hope its more than a rumour

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

Provodnikov win by KO

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm

Provodnikov will be made to look awful for as long as Khan keeps his chin out of the way whether that's for 3, 6 or the whole 12 rounds we'll have to wait and find out.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Very binary.

High risk for Khan, he looks great (as Prov is bang average) or he looks terrible (flattened).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:43 pm

No matter how long Prov is outboxed, he won't give up. Won't be like the Judah fight that's for sure.

Not sure Khan has the strength on the inside. Prov may lose but will be a danger to the end

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 11 Sep 2015, 3:27 pm

All you need is toughness, persistence and power to trouble Khan and Provodnikov has those in abundance. It will either be Khan WIDE UD or Provodnikov KO. I will go with a Provo KO.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:44 pm

120-108 against useless stiff

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm

bit harsh, khan's not useless

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:03 pm

milkyboy wrote:bit harsh, khan's not useless

But he makes Truss stiff and with the distance between them he really is useless.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

Well done khan great fight prov showed how tough he is in his last fight

That is not a soft touch

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm

Despite Provodnikov curiously becoming the most popular byword for 'crap' on here, we're yet to see anyone have anything even approaching an easy night against him so far, even if they were meant to box circles around him or simply blast him out.

It could be a masterstroke from Khan if the series of punishing wars have caught up with Provodnikov all of a sudden - but if they haven't it's a move which could backfire. Provodnikov's got serious accumulative power, has a great chin and never stops coming forward.

Algieri had a lot of success and gave Khan a pretty stern examination adapting his usual back-foot style to fight that way - if a light punching guy like that, fighting in a way which was alien to him beforehand can give Khan plenty to think about, then someone like Provodnikov, who carries a lot more whack and to whom it's second nature, could easily end up grinding Khan down.

It's an interesting fight. Nobody has been really comfortable and cruising against Provodnikov yet, and given Khan's history I'd say it's anything but a sure-fire bet that he'll be the man to buck that trend. Hey, if he's in absolute top form he could do it - but I think he might need to be in that kind of form to win here.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm

In fairness Chris, Provnodnikov hasn't faced anyone with anything like Khan's speed and I cannot see how he troubles him apart from a hail mary from nowhere, the difference in speed and ability is far too big.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm

Face first brawler who is destined for Parkinson's..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 11 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm

The reports I have read seem to indicate its mainly Provodnikovs team pushing for the fight with Khans team non commital. Id be surprised if it comes off. Id fancy Provodnikov to beat Khan. He doesnt fit the the typical Khan opponent.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 11 Sep 2015, 7:49 pm

Decent fight not great considering Algieri beat this guy and that says a lot.

Not a massive riscky fight but Prov will come forward and make it interesting I guess.

Not jumping for sheer joy with this 1. Fighters like Prov litter every division.

Game, handy, but evidentially flawed on most levels. A bit like Smokin Burt Cooper in the 90's.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

Provo is so easy to hit but if he lands his bombs it could be lights out

Khan is a better boxer than Algieri who outboxed Provo for large stretches of their fight, but Provo is a better pressure fighter than Algieri who managed to hussle and trouble khan

Pretty good fight, Khan points or Provo KO

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:18 pm

OMG all my Christmases have come at once!!!! Khan gets knocked out and his career over. Prov is all wrong for him, lest we forget Amit can't fight going backwards and deal with pressure!! This guy is going to plough through him. It may take a few rounds or more but he will catchup with him.

We can then all look forwards to Brook vs Prov Smile

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm

Bollox.....Target practice.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bollox.....Target practice.

I know Khan leaves his chin dangling Truss, no need to preach to the quoir on that one

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:43 pm

Quoir.....Are you kidding me

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 11 Sep 2015, 10:26 pm

Khan's speed advantage hasn't immunised him from having 'mares against fighters in Provodnikov's mould in the past though, Hammersmith. He's had the speed advantage over just about everyone he's ever fought.

If Khan had a couple more conclusive or scare-free wins over heavy-handed pressure fighters then I'd be more inclined to see it as the procession that you and Truss think it might be - but he's never really breezed past those kind of guys, and nobody has breezed past Provodnikov so far.

Like I said, maybe Khan would be getting Provodnikov at a great time and I don't rule out Khan beating any version of Ruslan if he's on form - but he's erratic. Against certain styles he can get away with that inconsistency and still win with a sub-par performance. Against someone like Provodnikov he might not be that fortunate. For a useless bum, Provodnikov hasn't half given some good fighters a decent run for their money.

Khan should win, but I doubt one of those poor showings he's prone to every once in a while (Peterson, Diaz, even Algieri) will get the job done here if Provodnikov maintains his usual tenacity. Naturally, if Khan has one of his good nights it should be a different story. But it's a considerable enough 'if' to make it an intriguing one, for me.

Genuine test for Khan in my opinion and if he passes it (if indeed it happens) with flying colours, all credit to him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 11 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm

Algieri, Bradley and Lucas all have miles better chins than Khan. Bradley and Algieri were both hurt badly, Algieri was lucky to mAke it out of the first round. Provodnikov can obviously be outboxed but he lands at some point against everyone so you need a good chin to beat him. Khan doesn't have one.

Provodnikov ko 3. Thinking about it I'd be surprised if it went further.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 11 Sep 2015, 10:57 pm

Face first, straight lines brawler. Also, think it's a matter of time before all those punches start to age him.

Khan should win every round, think the disparity in skill and speed is such.

What has Prov done to show he can offer any more than Maidana. Maidana gave Khan all hell at times and couldn't win. Aside from toughness, what has Prov got better than Maidana? Khan ain't iron chinned but Prov seems more of an accumulative puncher than a KO artist and I think he'll have to take 3 or 4 to land one.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:28 pm

given khan's history with pressure fighters, this fight at least has some interest... already we can see wildly fluctuating predictions. We'd all rather it was a bigger name/fight, but given prov is on paper, everything that khan doesn't need, fair play to him for taking it.

As Chris says, prov may be crude but he's given fighters like matthysse and bradley hell, sure Tim picked the wrong guy to get rambo with but still.

Khan to win wide on points is the percentage bet.... after some sticky moments. Late prov stoppage the covering bet.

prov a better opponent than chaves?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

Dipper Brown wrote:Face first, straight lines brawler. Also, think it's a matter of time before all those punches start to age him.

Khan should win every round, think the disparity in skill and speed is such.

What has Prov done to show he can offer any more than Maidana. Maidana gave Khan all hell at times and couldn't win. Aside from toughness, what has Prov got better than Maidana? Khan ain't iron chinned but Prov seems more of an accumulative puncher than a KO artist and I think he'll have to take 3 or 4 to land one.

And Khan hasn't got a chin for when he gets caught. Which he will, 100%.

And the version of Maidana that Khan fought was technically way inferior to the fighter he is now. Back then he would throw these wide looping hooks, nowadays he's much tighter and straighter.

Prov knocks him senseless and will be having a decent bet on him doing so.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:32 am

So. 
-,Khan struggles with rugged pressure fighters. Maidana was one, when he fought Khan but now he's more technical. 
- Khan has no problem with technicians
- provodnikov is considered a crude slugger, more like  the old maidana than the new one.

So, remind me of the significance/relevance  of maidana's technical improvement in your analysis here coxy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:41 am

milkyboy wrote:So. 
-,Khan struggles with rugged pressure fighters. Maidana was one, when he fought Khan but now he's more technical. 
- Khan has no problem with technicians
- provodnikov is considered a crude slugger, more like  the old maidana than the new one.

So, remind me of the significance/relevance  of maidana's technical improvement in your analysis here coxy.

There was a comparison made between the two, I would say that MM was an inferior fighter to Prov at the time he and Prov fought/will fight Khan.

If the likes of Molina, Diaz, Maidana, Peterson can give Khan all sorts of trouble then I don't see why Prov can't who's not an easy night for anyone. Khan just isn't as good as some think he is and after he gets splattered again some may see past the fluffy punch combos and realise when in a proper fight he's found wanting.

Will Prov force the pace? Yes, ergo he beats Khan. A somewhat simplistic top level breakdown, but for me he's all wrong for Khan hence why they've been picking gun shy somewhat past it mediocrity for him for a while.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:44 am

Molina gave him no trouble at all, nor did Maidana aside from one round whilst Peterson and Diaz used educated pressure with a touch of speed, something Prov is incapable of doing.

As for Provodnikov troubling everyone he faced, sounds more impressive than it is, he's faced Bradley, Algieri, Matthysse and not much else, losing all three and taking a beating from Matthysse. It seems to get twisted that he troubled Matthysse because he wasn't dropped but it was a one sided beating until he started to cruise, at no point was he in any sort of trouble. He also isn't anywhere near the level Maidana is now at or used to be at at the time of the Khan fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:57 am

Khan can win this easy, but he will need to be smart.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:14 pm

Provodnikov had Bradley in a lot of trouble and dropped him in the 12th on route to a very narrow U/D. This would suggest Khan is going to have to be focused from round 1 to 12.

Anyone who doesn't think he troubled Bradley I suggest you watch the fight.
Provodnikov was beaten on an S/D by Algieri dropping him twice in the 1st round.

Khan can win the fight but should he decide to lose concentration after 6 rounds which he has done quite a few times, he may be in bother.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 12 Sep 2015, 9:31 pm

Khan can't hold is wide open after attacking

If he can stay on his bike he gets a ud

But I think prov can catch him

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:28 pm

Read last night that Khan has turned the fight down. Might not have been true but I didn't think it was the sort of opponent that he needed. Genuinely think he loses to any puncher.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:48 pm

Mosley has confirmed that Khan and him were in discussions for december, seems more likely for khan than Provo

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 13 Sep 2015, 8:39 am

Espn fat Dan, has Khan rubbishing this fight. Says he's sitting the rest of the year out, trying to negotiate manny for early 2016.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:09 am

Oh god Khan waiting around for Floyd again(yawn)

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 13 Sep 2015, 10:12 am

milkyboy wrote:prov a better opponent than chaves?

Nope as Khan apparently has dismissed the fight. This clown is a joke.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 13 Sep 2015, 1:49 pm

Didnt think Khan would tak this fight. The reports were all coming from Provodnikov. Provodnikov would have beaten him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down