The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Blacks versus Pumas match thread

+10
emack2
Hood83
nganboy
George Carlin
GloriousEmpire
profitius
Gunner
disneychilly
kiakahaaotearoa
Taylorman
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All Blacks versus Pumas match thread - Page 2 Empty All Blacks versus Pumas match thread

Post by Taylorman Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am

First topic message reminder :

In case anyones up at this hour, match has started. ABs need a bonus point win to secure the title unless he Boks do the same next week with a big win- think thats how it works anyway...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

All Blacks versus Pumas match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: All Blacks versus Pumas match thread

Post by Hood83 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:54 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:We've been talking about Ben smith for some time. I wrote an article about him a long time ago proclaiming him, but was largely laughed at by most posters here. Some people can spot emerging talent and some people can't, I guess.
He's top class, but you'll probably forgive posters unaware of his talents not trusting your soothsaying capabilities...how did that £1,000 bet on Oz to beat SA go for you?

Hood83

Back to top Go down

All Blacks versus Pumas match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: All Blacks versus Pumas match thread

Post by emack2 Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Two years ago Coryjane was THE best FB in NZ where did the pick him Wing?[using the Wellington 3 Wing/FB format]of the Stu Wilson/Frazer/Hewson days.People were saying
B.Smith was a good utility nothing more.He plays for the Highlanders i.e not amongst a
load of stars.He is where he is by sheer hard work good on him 7 tries from 5 matches
that`s a Joe Rock strike rate.IRB Player of the year along with Read has to be a contender.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Tell me this Kiwis;

do you think Argentina can beat Australia next week? Any kind of win would see Los Pumas into 3rd place...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 am

Notch wrote:Tell me this Kiwis;

do you think Argentina can beat Australia next week? Any kind of win would see Los Pumas into 3rd place...
Australia is vunerable next week. For sure!

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:05 am

U
Notch wrote:Tell me this Kiwis;

Well, SA and Australia are both a bit erratic. I was picking Genia to start. It was 7-7 with Genia on.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 am

Hood83 wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:We've been talking about Ben smith for some time. I wrote an article about him a long time ago proclaiming him, but was largely laughed at by most posters here. Some people can spot emerging talent and some people can't, I guess.
He's top class, but you'll probably forgive posters unaware of his talents not trusting your soothsaying capabilities...how did that £1,000 bet on Oz to beat SA go for you?
I'm sure GE will start a thread saying "I DIDN'T tell you so" where he explains why he got it wrong but was, in fact, correct and the bookies should pay up anyway (even though he didn't place a bet in the first place).

I truly have never known a poster to be so bad with predictions.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 am

Then you should be betting against his predictions Cyril and making yourself money off his consistent failings. Put your money where your mouth is as well. Hug 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:23 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Then you should be betting against his predictions Cyril and making yourself money off his consistent failings. Put your money where your mouth is as well. Hug 
I said exactly that on another thread. GE has inadvertently become 606v2's cash cow Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 am

I successfully predict more than 80% of All Blacks results, approaching 90% under Hansen, even better when I predict NZ versus NH teams - I've only got 3 results wrong in the last decade...

If you recall I predicted the Eden park result almost to the exact score and even called the contentious yellow card...check the thread on the match where you will see many posters congratulating me on my accurate prediction and BT getting upset about how accurate it was and accusing me of guessing.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 am

Something's wrong here. NZ don't lose, GE!

Sure, they've ended matches behind on the scoreboard but, as you often point out, there are mitigating factors that mean the results should be reversed.

Please update your NZ percentage to 100 and have a biscuit.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:43 am

Laugh Like a prop people prefer to ignore the good work of GE. He's an unsung hero.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 am

It's the unseen work he does (amending his old posts to make it look like he was right and -probably- using sock puppets to agree with himself).

A master of the dark arts of revisionism Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:48 am

No revisionism just a keen understanding of the game and ability to factor in unseen mitigates that the so called experts miss, I was taught to analyze the game by a master (and former poster here I believe) who's successful predictions included (amongst other things) calling the World Cup Tonga v France pool game within 2 points and getting the result correct when the rest if the world saw an "upset".

This week is merely underestimated what an idiot Ewen Mckenize is.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

You have to give it to somebody who is prepared to make the call. I have a feeling NZ might sneak the next game but will I make an open prediction on this forum? Not until I see GE's prediction. That's how cowardly I am. But a well off coward...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:I was taught to analyze the game by a master (and former poster here I believe) who's successful predictions included (amongst other things) calling the World Cup Tonga v France pool game within 2 points and getting the result correct when the rest if the world saw an "upset".
Just be careful not to take too much advice from that poster though as I heard he was banned for xenophobic (borderline racist) comments. We wouldn't want the same to happen to you.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 am

Next SA - NZ game will be a 26-26 draw
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:10 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:No revisionism just a keen understanding of the game and ability to factor in unseen mitigates that the so called experts miss, I was taught to analyze the game by a master (and former poster here I believe) who's successful predictions included (amongst other things) calling the World Cup Tonga v France pool game within 2 points and getting the result correct when the rest if the world saw an "upset".

This week is merely underestimated what an idiot Ewen Mckenize is.
You are a very talented man, GE. I envy your great understanding of the game. If only the experts were as good as yourself!

notworthy 

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:12 am

That's a wholly un satisfying result CJ. I want a result. A draw is like seeing an attractive woman from afar only to see her turn around and give you the fright of your life. It sounds good initially but later it leaves you feeling worse.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:20 am

It's my prediction, because if I get it wrong nobody will remember or care, but if it's right I look like a genius
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 am

Just bet on everything and when (inevitably) you get one right, make a thread about it. Brush the rest under the virtual carpet.

More top tips can be found in 'How I Won the Internet: A Blagger's Guide'.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:42 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Next SA - NZ game will be a 26-26 draw
Hmmm...but what's your reasoning? You think the global refereeing conspiracy that favours NZ will deliberately conspire a draw to throw Stuart Barnes and BT off the scent? Or that NZ will have food poisoning?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Next SA - NZ game will be a 26-26 draw
Hmmm...but what's your reasoning? You think the global refereeing conspiracy that favours NZ will deliberately conspire a draw to throw Stuart Barnes and BT off the scent? Or that NZ will have food poisoning?
A combinator of the two seems most likely to me
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2