The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina.

+11
latino-flanker
pete (buachaill on eirne)
chewed_mintie
HammerofThunor
TJ1
gowales
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
disneychilly
Pal Joey
Biltong
Argie fan
15 posters

Go down

Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina. Empty Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina.

Post by Argie fan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:25 am

In this forum someone asked me if there is much expectation of Argentine fans to watch matches of TRC.
The answer speaks for itself, there are no tickets for the game Pumas vs. All Blacks, and there are very few for the other two matches.

Speaking of tickets, here I leave the ticket page in New Zealand for the match against Argentina. This is the way in which they promote the game.

Spoiler:
POWER and PASSION
Get behind the World Champions on the 8th September as they take on Argentina. The festive atmosphere that Argentina brings to any rugby match will ensure a captivating experience, on and off the field. Wellington will host the first international test match with the new entrants into the Investec Rugby Championship – the exciting and groundbreaking series replacing the Investec Tri Nations. Argentina will bring their unique, unpredictable style of rugby to the fans, mixing up a series that has been a favourite on the rugby calendar for well over a decade.
The addition of Argentina to the series, demonstrates a lift in the level of their performance, The Pumas will be a team with plenty to prove, they will be out to show they can and will match up with the best in the world.
Tickets go on public sale Monday 2 July 2012 – make sure you’ll be there to witness this superb piece of rugby history.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina. Empty Re: Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina.

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

That's cool Argiefan, its gonna be a great tournament, I am as excited as I am nervous.

Everyone including myself expect the All Blacks to walk this, but deep down inside there is just a small feeling (maybe it is just hope) that Heyneke Meyer will do the necessary for us to be competitive against all three teams.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina. Empty Re: Have sold out the tickets to Los Pumas vs All Blacks match in Argentina.

Post by Pal Joey Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

There's a very cerebral ad on here in Oz at the moment.

It shows what looks like a university with students moving around... then focuses on a wall - which has a faded mural of an Argentina flag and a puma's (graceful yet ferocious!) head.... slowly coming into focus.

No sound... I reckon it's a good piece of advertising.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:42 am

Linebreaker wrote:There's a very cerebral ad on here in Oz at the moment.

It shows what looks like a university with students moving around... then focuses on a wall - which has a faded mural of an Argentina flag and a puma's (graceful yet ferocious!) head.... slowly coming into focus.

No sound... I reckon it's a good piece of advertising.
That sounds like a great advertising, I'd like to see.
Is there any link to see it?
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:23 am

I couldn't find one, Argie.

It appears very subtly in between programmes and lasts only 10-15 seconds.

Because there is no sound (except maybe background noise of campus) and then the puma face; so by the time you realise what it's on about; it's already over. That adds to a sort of "fear of the unknown"... or "danger approaching" kind of feeling. It makes one think about what's just around the corner though! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

Biltong I don't think we're going to walk it at all. We'd better pull our finger out if we're going to get/keep any silverware this year. We've got some exciting new talent, Smith in particular, but I'm worried about our pack and if we find ourselves on the back foot like we did against Ireland in Christchurch I doubt our opposition will be as merciful this time.

Awesome news on the sellout. How many pesos are the tickets going for Argie fan? Wish this was going on a couple of years ago I definitely would have scheduled my South American odyssey to accommodate seeing an ABs test. That would be the coolest place to see the ABs I reckon (purely location/culture wise).

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:00 am

Disney, the All Blacks showed how they can up the intensity and pace in the last test vs Ireland.

They are now so good at executing the offloads that they do it off the ground as well, good way to avoid the rucks and big forwards.

The Aussies have their own problems, struggling with creative play and in the Super XV was playing more like our Boks than our Franchises did, bar of course the Bulls and Stormers.

SA is unproven, our big name back rowers are all injured, new locking combination an questionable whether Meyer will do the right thing at pivot.

Methinks, SA and OZ are playing for second spot here.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:01 am

Impressive stuff, Argie fan clap

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

I think the Boks can defo get up in Soweto, and that they can match the ABs' intensity mate. The Irish looked like they dropped their bundle after the agony of going so close. The back row is a blow but you guys have so much depth there I doubt we'll have it all our own way. Aussie will be pretty awkward as they are still great at manipulating games away from their weaknesses. Will be interesting to see who plays at 10. Barnes had another head knock-that's really worrying for me.

I think if teams work on their line running in defence to get between the ball carrier and support runners it can be negated but it's easier said than done. Cruden is great at offloading too and I think teams are worried as he's proven you don't need to be a monster to master the art. Mind you passing off the ground isn't new. I recall Aaron Mauger popping one up in the 2nd Lions test in 05. When the ABs are all in a pack with their support play that's when they are at their best. Hope to see it this year as I'm still dirty about losing the last 3N after dominating the competition.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

It may not be new, but it is the regularity with which the NZ teams are doing it.

That last test, the final move of 5 tries involved an offload from the gournd.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:26 am

Obviously it is a huge threat to the in your face rush defence that the Boks traditionally use. It has unsettled the ABs in the past and led to Bok wins as we haven't been allowed to play our own game. How do you think Meyer will deal with it Biltong? Will you guys incorporate a drift defence on more occasions or take the bloody minded approach and rush up with even more intensity and pace?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:33 am

Disney, I don't know what to expect of Meyer.

The biggest unknown is the fact that he hasn't coached for a few years before this appointment.

He was "technical advisor" at the Bulls , whatever that means.

The big unknown is how much influence did he have over the Bulls over the past few seasons, if he had a lot, then it stands to reason why there are such a loyalty to players like Werner Kruger who can't fight his way out of a paper bag, let alone scrum, Pierre Spies who has no X-factor and Morne Steyn who has shown no form.

So whether he is open minded to listen to HIS technical advisor and able to adapt is an unknown.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:38 am

Let's hope he does listen. Henry listened to Smith and Hansen and that was part of why they were so successful.

If you were Meyer, what would your approach be to combat it? Any particular selections to negate it able to be made?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

Well you'd hope that they would sell out the stadium with the Allblacks coming to town.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

disneychilly wrote:Awesome news on the sellout. How many pesos are the tickets going for Argie fan? Wish this was going on a couple of years ago I definitely would have scheduled my South American odyssey to accommodate seeing an ABs test. That would be the coolest place to see the ABs I reckon (purely location/culture wise).

The tickets for those games are from 35$ to 93 $ US dollars, plus parking 5 dollars.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

Well worth it. Any chance you think of getting a game at River Plate stadium in the future?

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:55 am

disneychilly wrote:Let's hope he does listen. Henry listened to Smith and Hansen and that was part of why they were so successful.

If you were Meyer, what would your approach be to combat it? Any particular selections to negate it able to be made?
I don't think rush or drift defence or any "planned" defence can negate the offload.

I think what is more important is tackling technique and the first arrival at the breakdown point. The All Blacks once through the first line of defence uses this with close supporting runners, so firstly the first arrival needs to be there to preventthe offload from the ground, and the defence will have to mark those support runners, and back track to organise quicker.

Perhaps it will work to commit one less number to the breakdown and rather have an extra cover defender.

But the reality is that is not the cause of my concern, but rather the symptomatic result

We need touse our runners more and kick less, rather vary the kicks instead of going up, just chip over or grubber.

Otherwise keep ball in hand and mix it up. Get another pivot in, get Hougaard to mix it up more, and use Frans Steyn to gain the ground before letting our outside backs loose.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

That is good news indeed. I really hope argentina do well -= are competative and maybe win a game or two

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

Arguably one of biggest benefits is the generated money from the home games, tv, sponsorship, etc. Argentina are in the process of going pro and money will help develop their structure. Will this facilitate a S15 franchise or 2?

I don't expect them to win any games unless someone sends over a weakened side (although they may get the jump on them). Being competetive is key.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 16 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

If they do have Super rugby teams it will only be in 2016 Hammer.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

disneychilly wrote:Well worth it. Any chance you think of getting a game at River Plate stadium in the future?
I notice that you are very well informed about Argentina and its stadiums.
Note that no matches of TRC or the June window will be played in Buenos Aires.
There is a kind of power war within the Argentine rugby, between the capital (Buenos Aires) and interior the country. Right now those in control of the UAR are people from interiror, therefore this year will not play any match in Buenos Aires.
Perhaps in future editions it will be played in the capital.
As you know "River Plate" is our biggest stadium, and if this kind of war finished, and UAR feel there are enough fans to full the stadium, there are good chances to play in "River Plate" next years.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

Biltong I like Hougaard as he's so quick he freezes backlines for a second. Aaron Smith does that as well which is great for us as well as his backline.

With rush defence, well there can be a gap between the rushing first line and support defenders. Off set pieces in particular where the forwards are tied up, and other expansive scenarios, an offload will cause players to attack the space in behind the first line as the cover won't be there in time. it also gives the support runners the space behind to take the offloads which is why when we break we can go through a succession. Then use a player on the burst to punch one out to get immediately over the gainline and drag the centres infield before swinging it wide to overlapping attackers. Easier said than done I know but that's such an effective strategy if you favour offloads and are playing against rush.

We use a drift usually but I like the idea of mixing it up and playing a rush at certain times as this can affect the opposition's psychology as well as their play.

Argie we're a bit worried with that actually as it's hard enough to travel just to BA without having to mission it to Mendoza, Cordoba or Tucuman. Hopefully it can be sorted out.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Mon 16 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

Argie fan wrote:As you know "River Plate" is our biggest stadium, and if this kind of war finished, and UAR feel there are enough fans to full the stadium, there are good chances to play in "River Plate" next years.

They did it once in 2001 Argiefan, and with Maradona whipping the crowd into a frenzy you boys almost pulled off an unthinkable victory over us. I can’t see why Argentina v NZ wouldn’t sell out River Plate again?

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

I remember that. I turned off the telly with 3 to go in disgust. I did have a quiet chuckle seeing the replay of Scott Robertson sauntering over but man did we play like crap.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 16 Jul 2012, 5:10 pm

Great news Argie!!!

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by latino-flanker Mon 16 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

Argie, I got my ticket confirmation this weekend for both Pumas v Boks games, flying down with an Argie mate from here in Bogota. Looking forward to both weekends as the rugby will be spectacular, undoubtedly the women will be beautiful and the beer cold!!. Want to see if Graham Henry can knock Heynecke`s strategy about a bit on the park. Los Pumas deserve at least one home win after the recent series against the French.

latino-flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

latino-flanker wrote:Argie, I got my ticket confirmation this weekend for both Pumas v Boks games, flying down with an Argie mate......
Lucky guy thumbsup
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 17 Jul 2012, 1:38 am

I hope the Pumas win both their home games against SA and Aus Whistle
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 17 Jul 2012, 5:44 am

Haha, of course you do.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:54 am

Is actually NZ who traditional struggle more against Pumas in Argentina than AUS or SA.

SA style is more direct and match to ARG style. But when ARG play their spoiling kicking and controlled structure defensive game then is confounding NZs counter attack strategy as we see in the world cup. Although with new weapon of A. Smith's distributor so quickly and removal of old fashioned Wayne "log jam" Smith's ideas from the attack pattern we might see more about set phase attack from all blacks now because I think ARG lack pace and skill to mount their own fast pace strike running so more risky approach is valid against them.

My mind is SA will be too powerful, and both NZ and AUS too quick. But most likely victory for Pumas against SA if they can unsettle them especially with SA kickers all out of form and Meyer unwilling to adopt the more open style from sharks and stormers and sticking to the old conservative 1990's style springbok game.

My mind is play well in Argentina can be about confidence and younger players can get jitters there because the culture can be overwhelming. So leadership very important for these matches to stay composed.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:26 am

Argie fan, I seem to recall you mentioned you were in Spain. If you're in Madrid, like me, I'd gladly meet up for a pint or twelfty to watch the match. God Bless the Irish pub: my rugby lifeline in Spain.

Sold out stadium; it already has the makings of a great match. A por ellos, a por ellos, o e o e o e!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:SA kickers all out of form

what you mean? The kicker with the highest percentage kicks over in the S15 is Peter Grant in the 90s. It is just Morne that is out of form, but Meyer doesn't seem to like the idea of any one else

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

Yes, and when Peter Grant is the Springbok then I wont be make the statmenet. But he isn't.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Yes, and when Peter Grant is the Springbok then I wont be make the statmenet. But he isn't.

Okay then

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Argie fan, I seem to recall you mentioned you were in Spain. If you're in Madrid, like me, I'd gladly meet up for a pint or twelfty to watch the match. God Bless the Irish pub: my rugby lifeline in Spain.

Sold out stadium; it already has the makings of a great match. A por ellos, a por ellos, o e o e o e!
Thanks for your invitation to share a few drinks, but I'm not in Madrid, I'm in a provincial capital (Lleida) near Barcelona.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 17 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

Nice spot Argie fan. Though I imagine like me you get pangs of homesickness from time to time. Maybe Argentina can host a World Cup in the near future and we can go over for that. thumbsup

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down