The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 20 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

Sin City 2 - basically more of the same as the first one which is OK if you liked it, but disappointing if you didn't. Of course, if you didn't like the first one, why the hell would you watch the second knowing there's unlikely to be a radical departure in style or content from the first?

Anyway, some have slated it but that will be because they're know-nothing c*nts. Josh Brolin and Powers Booth are excellent. Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson are hot hot hot as is the woman who plays the main femme fatale (name escapes me but that's cos I'm thinking about the scenes where she's naked and dribbling ever so slightly)

As an aside, if anyone in Hollywood is thinking of adapting Stephen Hunter's Earl Swagger novels (in particular "Pale Horse Coming"), you could do a damn sight worse than Josh Brolin for the lead.

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Watched A Million Ways To Die In The West on Monday. It's a bit difficult to sum this film up because it really doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a comedy with the sort of humour we've come to expect from the makers of Ted? Is it a love story? Is it a Western? The film gets confused with itself throughout, peppering the pretty straightforward story with bonkers sick gags whilst concentrating on Seth MacFarlane's character's love issues, intermixed with the issues of living in 1882.

MacFarlane is a likeable lead though, and he is ably supported by Giovanni Ribisi, Sarah Silverman, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried, Neil Patrick Harris and the absolutely smoking hot Charlize Theron. Look out too for cameos from Ewan MacGregor and Ryan Reynolds. It's enjoyable and stupidly funny in places, but overall a little confused. 6.5/10
Watched it last night and agree wholeheartedly with the review. Not great but certainly not as terrible as one poster seemed to think a few pages back and I enjoyed a fair few laugh out loud moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Citizen Kane - Exquisite acting, and the character development really spoke to the audience.  Storytelling was effortless and made it impossible not to enjoy.  At not one point did I think it was Terminator, and really thrived by not having any serious weaponry, multiple Taliban hits, compound fractures or goats, and it was much easier to connect with Orson's cinematography because of this.

11/10

Excellent post, dagless, don't think I ever gave it the congratulations it deserved.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

I watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit over the weekend. Urgh. Another example of taking quite an engaging and interesting character and making a complete mockery out of them. I was left so frustrated. Chris Pine didn't fit the bill at all as a young Jack Ryan. Some of the story was good, but just other parts of it was nonsensical and killed the story as a whole stone dead. The only highlight if any was probably Costner in the beginning, but then that died. It's like with any character telling film, if you going to explore the roots, you need to make it relevant to how the person evolves into the person they become. I saw it with the Wolverine and The Scorpion King prequels. Just very weak story telling that kills the character.

I guess if you like the Mission Impossible films you might enjoy this. If you enjoyed Patiot Games and Clear and Present Danger, avoid this at all costs. It's a dud.

2/10

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:47 pm

Galted wrote:Excellent post, dagless, don't think I ever gave it the congratulations it deserved.

Thanks Galted, thought it needed airing...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 10:21 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Saw Chef last night. Nice little storyline and a bit different to the usual sort of films on offer. The cast is great with Jon Favreau in the lead role with appearances from Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo, Robert Downey Jr and the almost edible Sofia Vergara. Oliver Platt plays the restaurant critic that appears to be the cause of Favreau's meltdown which then goes viral on the internet.

Cue the appearance of a food truck, Leguizamo jumping on board and Favreau's young son using Twitter to market the whole thing as they drive back from Miami to California. It's a lovely feel good film which concentrates not only on the relationship between the chef and his son but also shows the food as well. There's some fun bits in it and a fair bit of foul language as you'd expect from kitchen workers. 8/10

This film WILL make you hungry whether you have eaten or not. We hadn't and were STARVING by the end. We then went for a curry.  devil 
Watched it last night...brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Highly recommended

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:28 pm

Finally got round to watching 'White Men Can't Jump' when it was on last night. Heard good things and wasn't disappointed. Genuinely amusing. Harrelson and Snipes were brilliant. 8/10

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 06 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

I watched A Walk Among The Tombstones the other week. Don't expect a "Taken" clone as the film appears to have marketed as; this film is gritty and dark. The storyline follows the kidnapping and murder of young women and is not one for the squeamish. Liam Neeson is rather good in this as an unlicensed private eye and the supporting cast is surprisingly good, especially the two kidnappers who are detached and inhumane.

It is fairly slow starting but then starts to ramp up and keeps you involved. Worth a watch. 7.5/10

I have also seen The Equalizer. Pretty much the only thing that links this to the Edward Woodward series in the 80s is the name of the film and the main character, Robert McCall. Denzel plays an insomniac ex-special forces chappie who befriends a young prostitute (no, not like that!) and then has a run-in with her pimp. When the pimp then beats up his young friend, he pays him a visit. Without realising who they are he mangaes to destroy a large portion of the Russain Mafia in that area. It's fun, cheesey, brutal, totally unbelievable and has a cracking final showdown in a hardware store. I loved it. 8/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 3:31 pm

Just watching "Walk..." and I'm unsure what to make of it so far. Long time since I read it and I do have pre-determined image of Scudder (Neeson ISN'T him) and I'm frustrated by the fact that there's no mention of the little girl he killed when he foiled the robbery in the beginning. The memory of that child is what drives Scudder so unless I haven't got to it yet (yeah I should have put a spoiler alert at the beginning) they've missed a huge part of the character's development. I'll stick with it but it's the very definition of slow burning at the minute

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 06 Oct 2014, 4:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Just watching "Walk..." and I'm unsure what to make of it so far. Long time since I read it and I do have pre-determined image of Scudder (Neeson ISN'T him) and I'm frustrated by the fact that there's no mention of the little girl he killed when he foiled the robbery in the beginning. The memory of that child is what drives Scudder so unless I haven't got to it yet (yeah I should have put a spoiler alert at the beginning) they've missed a huge part of the character's development. I'll stick with it but it's the very definition of slow burning at the minute

Maybe its not the movie thats slow....

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 06 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 over the weekend

have to say it's better than the Tobey Maguire trilogy; Andrew Garfield is just a much better Spider-Man, you feel much more emotionally connected with him than Maguire. The chemistry between Garfield and Emma Stone (who btw, is incredibly hot!) is incredible, it really helps you feel for the characters. Although I suppose them being a couple in real life helps too

Thought Jamie Foxx as Electro was good, only problem was for me he wasn't given enough screen time, same as Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne. Foxx was very good when he was on. Could see the ending coming about half an hour before it happened, still a good ending; also sets it up for a third film

Overall better than the Amazing Spider-Man 1 and much better than the original trilogy. 8/10
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:15 am

Watched 2 films over the weekend.

First one was About Time. I was very sceptical about watching this for 2 reasons. 1) I saw The Time Travellers Wife and wasn't that impressed and 2) It was a Richard Curtis film and for such a story and concept I felt it would be littered with un-necessary cheap jokes and humour. It was however a very interesting film. I thought Domhnall Gleeson was really good as quite the unsure budding Romeo. I liked his father/son bond with Bill Nighy. Basically Gleeson plays Tim who like all the men in his family can travel backwards in time. If he can picture the time and place he can go back there. It does mean however living that time period over again. No issues of meeting a past self either. Instead of financial gain or fame, he decides to use his ability to find love and lead a happy life like his father did. There are few exceptions to his ability that I won't reveal and these challenge Tim. There is one scene in the film near the end which is just beautiful. It's quite amazing. Just the gravity of the whole moment. I did actually tear up because of such the uniqueness of it. If you have seen this film you might know what I mean. I enjoyed it. If you have a curiousity about time travel and what you would do with such ability, do watch it. It demonstrates such a degree of control and care. 8/10.

I watched Outlaw last night. Taped it. I had seen it before many moons ago, but felt I needed to watch it again. It's pretty crap to be honest. It was Nick Love and even more suprising that it was so crap given that he claims to have done his research on this film. It basically centres on Paratrooper Sean Bean who comes back from Afghanistan to find his wife has moved on and he is virtually homeless with no other family. Danny Dyer plays an office worker who is a bit of a wuss and is easily intimidated. Lennie James is a lawyer who is currently working on a big case trying to put away a well known drug dealer. His pregnant wife is threatened by thugs working for the dealer and they murder her and the unborn child. Rupert Friend plays a student who was attacked by a gang in an unprovoked attack. Sean Harris is a security guard that brings all the men together to form a gang that oppose crime and the lenient punishments dealt by society. Bob Hoskins is the cop trying to keep the gang off the police radar whilst they work their magic. The film is rather underwhelming. Again it's another film that fails miserably at understanding oppression and culture. Nothing of any real note stands about the film and well I wouldn't watch it if I were you guys.

3/10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 07 Oct 2014, 9:39 pm

Rock n Rolla. Prisoners. Both very good IMO and available to watch on Amazon Instant Video if you have it. There isn't many other good films on there though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:28 pm

Finally caught Pain and Gain yesterday. Absolutely fantastic. Completely senseless and proof that fact really is stranger than fiction (yes I know some parts took liberties, but the real story is still even crazier)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm

Gone Girl.

I can't discuss this one too much in detail without giving too much away but this is a VERY good film - I would say the best I have seen this year. The main actors (Affleck & Pike) are brilliant in this - and I don't particularly like Ben Affleck... It has a great supporting cast, is full of twists and turns and the portrayal of the media is exquisite. It is a long film, but it is one that sucks you in and keeps you thinking.

My advice to you is to just go and watch it. 9.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 11 Oct 2014, 4:36 pm

Pocahantas - An interesting look into how a young girl influenced her father to trust the insurgents. Fantastic allegory of how trusting a dickmatized teenager can decimate an entire people
10/10
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:22 pm

The Wolf of Wall Street

Three hours, I will never get back. Just continuous merry-go-round of the same boring stuff I thought, great acting by Di Caprio but the film is a stinker.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

I finally got round to watching Wolf of Wall Street too. I absolutely loved it. Great acting as ever from Di Caprio, interesting film, very funny in places especially 1 - the FBI on the boat, 2 - Di Caprio falling out of the helicopter and into the pool and 3 - the drive home smashed (pun intended) in the Lambo. But there are several others of course.
I actually wanted to watch it again the next day which says a lot for me. I don't buy dvds anymore but want to own this. Will be one of my favourites of all time I think.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm

Watched THE THING 2011 the other day............Was disappointed....Little character development and all CGI .......Too many characters for a start about 20......

The original had about 8/9 characters so you had time to relate to them and when the crap hit the fan you could put yourself in their places and feel the terror..

When are these bozos going to realise it's atmosphere that makes a good horror film..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Watched THE THING 2011 the other day............Was disappointed....Little character development and all CGI .......Too many characters for a start about 20......

The original had about 8/9 characters so you had time to relate to them and when the crap hit the fan you could put yourself in their places and feel the terror..

When are these bozos going to realise it's atmosphere that makes a good horror film..

When people get bored of seeing naked breasts on screen (so basically never)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

I'm interested in watching good movies on screen not naked breasts...What do you think I am !!!!!

Not unless they are young, perky, round and voluptuous........

Errrrr.......Back in a minute..... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 14 Oct 2014, 5:01 pm

I actually thought that the Thing prequel was decent all things considered.

There have certainly been worse original films recently.

With regards The Wolf of Wall street - it was good but I was disappointed based on the hype. Its similar to Catch me if you Can in many ways, except for me, the Spielberg film is heads and shoulders above Martins biopic.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 15 Oct 2014, 8:20 pm

Mazerunner. I really wasn't sure what to expect but although it's a kind of Divergent-style movie, it's a good deal darker than I expected. It starts with guy appearing from a lift in a clearing where there's a bunch of other youngsters. He learns they're all trapped there with a massive maze on the outside. You keep asking yourself questions throughout and although some are answered, it's all a little bit rushed at the end. It does of course, leave itself open to a sequel. 6.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:26 pm

Gone Girl.

Brilliant, great directing from Fincher again! Brilliant and Oscar worthy performance by Rosamond Pike!!! Ben Affleck is also great in this movie but Pike steals it for sure! The portrayal of the media and how they spin stories which sell is also very cleverly done and fantastic in this movie.

9/10.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Oct 2014, 9:57 am

Life of Crime

Adaptation of the novel "Switch" by Elmore Leonard about a couple of low-life crooks who kidnap a woman to blackmail her husband only he's not that fussed about having her back. Double-crosses and plot twists ensue with very good performances from Jennifer Aniston, Tim Robbins and a host of other faces you'll recognize but not necessarily be able to put a name to ('Oh that's the guy from "Deadwood", that's that rapper fellow isn't it and he's in "Sons of Anarchy" isn't he?)

If you like a good crime caper with a few laughs thrown in, this should float your boat
7.5/10

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 17 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

All Is Lost - Robert Redford.

Stranded at sea, trying to survive.
Ws ok considering he was the only person in it.

The ending was decent.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 17 Oct 2014, 6:26 pm

47 Ronin (via Sky). Meeehhhhhhh, that's all.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 18 Oct 2014, 12:36 pm

Watched X-men days of future past. Thoroughly enjoyable super hero style movie. The best I have seen in a while. It focused a lot on the characters and tried to develop them, as opposed to feeling the need to blow something up every 5 minutes.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:30 pm

Mrs Brown's Boys - D'Movie.

I have to admit I do like the "appeals to the lowest common denominator" style of the Mrs Brown TV series in much the same way I like the puerile humour of "The Inbetweeners" and "Bottom" but this was just terrible. Absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever and I don't think I laughed once.

0/10

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 21 Oct 2014, 11:52 am

Pineapple Express, did have funny moments but not the laugh a minute some claimed it was. Decent movie watchable, 6/10.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 21 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm

I watched Gone Girl. It was good.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

Jeepers Creepers - they have to make a third one. Loved the first one and the second one is ok.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:30 pm

The Harry Hill Movie

Gave it a watch a couple of weeks ago, terrible storyline but some brilliant humour in there. Decent cast too. Funny and worth the hour and 20 mins watch.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:49 pm

Marky wrote:The Harry Hill Movie

Gave it a watch a couple of weeks ago, terrible storyline but some brilliant humour in there. Decent cast too. Funny and worth the hour and 20 mins watch.

I love Harry Hill but I'll never get back that 80 minutes of my life.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Oct 2014, 1:53 pm

Hero wrote:

I feel the same as Marky.

Awful script but the kids loved it and it had me chuckling at bits that were incredibly silly.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 22 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

Adam D wrote:
Hero wrote:

I feel the same as Marky.

Awful script but the kids loved it and it had me chuckling at bits that were incredibly silly.

If you take it too seriously you'll hate it. Think that may have been Hero's problem. Unexpectedly hilarious film.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm

anyone seen fury? genuinely great or just another hype job/oscars job, because it's the americans?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 29 Oct 2014, 5:34 pm

Four Lions - Entertaining comedy/spoof about four wannabe terrorists from the UK. Obviously dark given it's subject matter, but had some genuinely amusing moments and was actually quite touching.

Dodgeball - Seen it before, but not for a while. Love it. One of my favourite films, never fails to make me laugh. Stupid, childish but brilliant. Patches, Steve the Pirate and, of course, White Goodman steal the show.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:24 pm

JDizzle wrote:Four Lions - Entertaining comedy/spoof about four wannabe terrorists from the UK. Obviously dark given it's subject matter, but had some genuinely amusing moments and was actually quite touching.

Dodgeball - Seen it before, but not for a while. Love it. One of my favourite films, never fails to make me laugh. Stupid, childish but brilliant. Patches, Steve the Pirate and, of course, White Goodman steal the show.

It was nice to see Steve the Pirate went on to become Swansea City manager!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 10:13 pm

Seen Ghostbusters on the cinema. Ive always missed it due to work commitments when theyve had special showings. Its my favourite movie ever and was so made up to see it on the big screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm

Just watching •[rec]3 - 30 minutes and it's pretty intense! Really enjoyed the first 2.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=56809

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20