The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 am

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by incontinentia Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 pm

John wrote:anyone seen fury? genuinely great or just another hype job/oscars job, because it's the americans?
Yep, seen it yesterday. Very good film, I'd give it 8/10.

Also seen a trailer for 'Whiplash', looks brilliant!

Trailer for 'The Imitation Game' looks pretty sweet too.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 am

Watched 3 films this week.

Firstly watched The Maze Runner. All I will say is think Resident Evil crossed with The Hunger Games. It's weird to think this film might spawn more. 7/10

I then watched The Wolf Of Wall Street. Very long and drawn out film. Di Caprio was ok I guess. Think he was a bit too exuberant in this. 7.5/10

I then watched Alexander. Shocked to hear there was 4 versions of this crap! I thought Troy was bad, but this is worse! 4/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Halfway through Hercules...can't decide what to make of it...too distracted by the Rock's unnatural looking beard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Teenage mutant thingy turtles 2014 -

Megan Fox is always nice to look at even if she lacks any real talent, eye candy all the way for all dads.
Great film with a lot of laughs and some really good CGI for a change. A really good one for a rainy sunday afternoon in with the kiddos.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Nutjob.

Took the kids on Sunday morning, for a £1.50 each showing of the kids film, about some squirrels, and other furry animals. Soem decent laughs, but the middle of the film was a little repetitive.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Finished Hercules...liked the idea that it debunked the myth/legend and simply portrayed him as a warrior/soldier doing great/brave/noble things. Nothing we haven't seen before, decent enough supporting cast, nothing too taxing on the old brain but not something one would be in a hurry to revisit.

Must also inspire David Haye to rethink his movie career as Vinnie Jones can do this sh!t in his sleep (and, having seen a few of his films, it's clear he very often does)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Watched Getaway despite the horrific rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I should've avoided it. Just senseless high speed crap! No real plot or anything. Avoid if you can.

0/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:57 am

Frozen again, for what must be about the 50th time (it reminds me of the kids) Cannot recommend this enough for those of you with little 'uns.

And the Losers, was a bit meh!!!! but okay in i'm taking my brain out for 90 mins to watch it.

Watched the first Hunger Games last week too, is definately a very good film but am glad I read the book too as it helped fill it out a bit more.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:28 am

Fury: Was expecting a "Whoop whoop! America won the war. With tanks!" type of film, but in fact it is very much more about the push through Germany toward the end of WW2, the tank crew themselves and them having to accommodate a new gunner after the previous one is killed. Great performances from all involved (even Shia LaBouef!) and it's a genuinely gritty, heroic type of movie that shows the more horrific and humane sides of war. Recommended. 8/10

Nightcrawler. This is a dark, weird film with a brilliantly stand out performance from Jake Gyllenhall. He plays a socially inept (and almost OCD) petty criminal who becomes a "Nightcrawler" - a cameraman who films shocking events then sells the footage to the highest bidder. There are great performances from Rene Russo and Bill Paxton, but this film is all about Gyllenhall. He plays odd VERY well and he's so engaging in his performance you simply HAVE to watch him. You never know what he'll do next. The film won't be to everyone's tastes but it is exceptional - as per Gone Girl it portrays the media in a very different light, this time from the inside. Right up there with Gone Girl as one of the best I have seen this year. 9/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Pan's Labyrinth - the thought of a film set during the Spanish Civil War wasn't something that had me rushing to the Cinema to watch, despite the rave reviews. Nor was it something I'd entertained upon dvd release, However, saw a programme about European horror cinema with Mark Gatiss recently and this one cropped up as one to watch. Decided to give it a go and am glad I did. Brilliant, beautiful and horrifying in equal measure. Great performances all round (the Captain is deliciously evil). Beautiful cinematography, Guillermo Del Toro deserves all the plaudits he gets on a regular basis and it's definitely something I'll watch again 9/10

Lucy - Scarlett Johannson plays a woman duped into delivering a new super drug to a shady Japanese gangster and further duped into delivering them to contacts in America (they're sewn into her abdomen without her consent). She inadvertently ingests the contents when she's beaten up en route and as a result, her brain capacity increases exponentially. Very interesting premise that never really expands upon a few theoretical "powers" she might develop. Left me wanting a bit more but struggling with where else it could have gone...can see a sequel but unsure whether anyone would bother making it unless the script was Christopher Nolan-esque. 6.5/10

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:09 am

Watched Friday the 13th Jason takes Manhattan.............Only to discover he made a guest appearance in Times square and that was about it..

Should have been Jason takes the Love boat.....

Seen better Friday films..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Watched Friday the 13th Jason takes Manhattan.............Only to discover he made a guest appearance in Times square and that was about it..

Should have been Jason takes the Love boat.....

Seen better Friday films..
What about Freaky Friday 13th...where Jason goes after Michael Myers' sister Jamie Lee Curtis in a hilarious/terrifying mother/daughter body swap slasher comedy

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:30 am

Friday the 12th where everyone is just chilling out at camp crystal lake having a good laugh, and nothing happens. Like a Jenifer Aniston film

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 am

I am sure there was a film in the 80s called Saturday the 14th - will take a look on imdb now!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:37 am

rick_dagless wrote:Friday the 12th where everyone is just chilling out at camp crystal lake having a good laugh, and nothing happens.  Like a Jenifer Aniston film

Seen it Mate......At the end they all pack up and leave at 23.59......and you see Jason shaking his fist shouting "You lousy F**kers"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:55 am

Magic In The Moonlight

Was ok.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 am

Interstellar. Good

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm

TRUSSY wrote:Seen it Mate......At the end they all pack up and leave at 23.59......and you see Jason shaking his fist shouting "You lousy F**kers"

This should be a thing...

Saw Harry Potter in space Enders Game last night, it was alright, 6/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Started watching "The Harry Hill Movie" on the recommendation of some of the posters on here and was very surprised....at how f*cking stupid some people appear to be on this forum. 10 minutes in and I was close to smashing up my tablet and slicing the throat of my infant son with the plastic shards so he wouldn't encounter this pile of sh!t by accident.

Total, utter and complete w*nk. The only redeeming feature was that I didn't have to endure Matt Lucas. It's films like this that make me think ISIS' "Death to the West" attitude isn't so bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:57 pm

DAVE wrote:very surprised....at how f*cking stupid some people appear to be on this forum.

I am surprised that you are surprised after how much time you spend on the boxing board...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:very surprised....at how f*cking stupid some people appear to be on this forum.

I am surprised that you are surprised after how much time you spend on the boxing board...
I appreciate what you're saying Rick but I really am shell-shocked at just how fricking awful that film was.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 am

DAVE wrote:I appreciate what you're saying Rick but I really am shell-shocked at just how fricking awful that film was.

Blimey! I will steer well clear then....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:06 am

Hey, I'm well known for my excellent taste and possess an insight into all manner of subjects that would have acknowledged experts reeling however, do please form your own opinion first....before backtracking and agreeing with mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:12 am

I always check IMDB, rotten tomatoes and several newspaper reviews before committing at least an hour and a half of my life to watching a film.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:35 am

rick_dagless wrote:

I'm surprised, that you're surprised that he is surprised.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:37 am

incontinentia wrote:I always check IMDB, rotten tomatoes and several newspaper reviews before committing at least an hour and a half of my life to watching a film.

I never read these sites, until I watch a film. Don't want my mind to be swayed.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:08 pm

Stella wrote:
incontinentia wrote:I always check IMDB, rotten tomatoes and several newspaper reviews before committing at least an hour and a half of my life to watching a film.

I never read these sites, until I watch a film. Don't want my mind to be swayed.

Exactly, one man's meat is another man's poison.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Sounds like San Francisco back in the 80s

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:47 am

Is that when you first discovered Peter North's films?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 am

Anyway, "Dawn of the planet of the Apes"...it's OK I suppose but apart from the clever CGI, what is it about the film that has people frugging themselves blind?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:51 am

Just watched Thor: the dark world as I am at home sick today. Quite enjoyed it. It looks like a lot of money and attention was spent on it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 am

My mate is casing me to watch the Hunger Games.

Has anyone seen it (the first one) and is it worth a watch?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:51 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:My mate is casing me to watch the Hunger Games.

depends if you like that sort of thing (Sci-Fi/Fantasy, dystopian future, etc. - I assume you're vaguely familiar with the story). I do, and as that sort of film goes this one was very good IMO. I haven't read the books, so can't comment on whether it does them justice, but as a film it works very well in its own right. I'd probably give it 7-7.5 out of 10. The second one is also good, even slightly better IMO.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 am

It's very good SOF but if you enjoy it i'd recommend reading the book after just to fill in any gaps. I'd agree with MFC, the second film is a lot better.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:16 am

It's alright, I don't understand the hype. Any film with kids running amok is never good.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:51 am

The Saint wrote:

It's alright, I don't understand the hype. Any film with kids running amok is never good.
Bugsy Malone...Lord of the Flies

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:12 am

DAVE667 wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Battle Royale. Coincidentally the film from which the Hunger Games was blatantly nicked.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:57 am

Just seen Interstellar, and loved it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:18 pm

My dilemna for tomorrow evening- Interstellar or Nightcrawler? chin
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Battle Royale.  Coincidentally the film from which the Hunger Games was blatantly nicked.
Good call...haven't seen Hunger Games so can't comment on the homage to battle Royale however I did see a picture of Jennifer Lawrence in the Daily mail the other day and she's suffered a wardrobe malfunction. Some of these lads may not fancy her as much knowing she has terribly saggy t!ts that resemble spaniels ears

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Nice one. Might give it a try later and see how it goes....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:03 am

Still not as disappointing as our season though, Soldier. Hoping the arrival of Sturridge perks us up a bit...Lawrence could do with some "perking up" too...Helen Mirren has a better pair and she's damn near 70.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2829492/Jennifer-Lawrence-laughs-wardrobe-malfunction-plunging-white-dress-opens-cab-following-Hunger-Games-premiere-party.html

There ya go.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:35 pm

I'd crawl over broken glass to be Jen Lawrence's booty call. Anyhoo,saw Expendables 3. Good laugh spose...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Didn't do much laughing at Expendables III...am loathe to start a "Which is your favourite Expendables movie? thread as they're all sh!te but I definitely hated this one more than the other two

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:08 am

Yeh maybe laughs isn't the right word. It was ok. A film you delete straight away off the laptop ok...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:10 am

Breadvan wrote:Yeh maybe laughs isn't the right word. It was ok. A film you delete straight away off the laptop ok...

Seen a lot of those, but I usually zip my trousers up again before deleting.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:21 am

Nah thats temp history files... Whistle
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:27 am

DAVE667 wrote:Still not as disappointing as our season though, Soldier. Hoping the arrival of Sturridge perks us up a bit...Lawrence could do with some "perking up" too...Helen Mirren has a better pair and she's damn near 70.

Oh Lawrence would still definately get it!

Yer mate we've urine poor! Hopefully as Sturridge does actually move to create space and pull defenders out of position, we actually might be able to carve out some more clear cut chances.

I could count on one hand the amout of clear cut chances we've had in the last 10 games.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next