The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

+83
liverbnz
Crimey
Pete330v2
L123
Rafa's biceps
incontinentia
skyeman
bluestonevedder
shivfan
Paul Mac 6CW
trottb
Breadvan
Galted
Mat
The_Enigma
XR
Luke
Cass1234
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dolphin Ziggler
socal1976
The Fourth Lion
Scrumpy
Duty281
alfie
Steffan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
guildfordbat
Thomond
6cw Hobo
Hulking_up
bhb001
SirJohnnyEnglish
Strongback
Sir. badgerhands
kingraf
The Beast
Hoggy_Bear
DP
JDizzle
LivinginItaly
Y I Man
The Best in the World
MIG
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Il Gialloblu
Nakatomi Plaza
seanmichaels
david lee
RinoGattuso
theundisputedY2D2
ChequeredJersey
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
superflyweight
rawa86
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
hampo17
Lumbering_Jack
Mike Selig
goldwolf
SharkSoul
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Ent
westisbest
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Dr Gregory House MD
Cyril
hornbloweroafc
Bull
kingjohn7
Stella
Kenny
87 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 2 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Kenny Wed 18 Sep 2013, 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old thread is now well over the 1000 posts so please continue the discussion here
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Bull Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm

Azzy I don't care about United losing. Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued again

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:24 pm

Course not Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:10 am

Stella wrote:Flight

Started watching it but got bored about 10 mins after the crash. is it worth carrying on?
Yes it is a fantastic film.

Saw prisoners tonight, good acting and good storyline but it just lacks something to stop it being a good film.

I just didn't care if they found the girls or not.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:35 am

It was very good, cheers ent. Washington alone is normally good enough.

Last edited by Stella on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

****Contains spoiler****
HANGOVER III, better than Hangover II but that's not saying much.

Question? How did Chow know that Marshall had $21 million in gold hidden behind a wall in his cellar? They conveniently forgot to explain that important plot twist.

And perhaps, more importantly, given there's no "morning after the night before" element to the film, why is it still called "Hangover"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:26 am

Caught a film on 'on demand' over the weekend. Silver lining playbook I think it was called. Was an easy watch and the bird dancer was fit and didn't really wear a bra. Lots of bouncing.

7/10

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:51 am

Stella wrote:Flight

Started watching it but got bored about 10 mins after the crash. is it worth carrying on?
Saw Flight at the weekend. Funny because my brother has a drink/driving ban currently & the film actually shows the consequences of being in an accident drunk are & the bull**** that follows with insurances, the blame game & just how tough mentally it can be. Even though Denzel was a hero, being drunk ultimately there is a price to pay, the authorities get you for everything these days, step out of line & 'bam'.....your in trouble. that's life.

As for the film, Denzel was great in it but then that was expected, he's a brilliant actor and got oscar nominated for it. Film was okay, give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. Much more interesting a film if your into flying, drug taking or have had experiences of drink related accidents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

Sounds like I'll hate it then John Laugh

Am actually looking forward to seeing it, the trailer looked excellent and Denzel as you say is always top-drawer.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:58 pm

i watched flight just a week before flying to Newcastle . not the best idea i ve ever had good film tho and enjoyed it . just watched the mist again because it has been mentioned on here .one of my fav Stephen kings book movies .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i watched flight  just a week before flying to Newcastle . not the best idea i ve ever had   good film tho and enjoyed it . just watched the  mist again because it has been  mentioned on here .one of my fav  Stephen kings book movies .
What was the bad idea, watching Flight before flying or deciding to go to Newcastle?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:10 pm

Galted wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i watched flight  just a week before flying to Newcastle . not the best idea i ve ever had   good film tho and enjoyed it . just watched the  mist again because it has been  mentioned on here .one of my fav  Stephen kings book movies .
What was the bad idea, watching Flight before flying or deciding to go to Newcastle?
Sooner you get there sooner you can come home again

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Sooner you get there sooner you can come home again
ha ha . watching flight before flying . newcastle was great fun . nice city and friendly people

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:47 pm

I'll not have a bad work spoken about Newcastle. It is a fine city.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 2:41 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'll not have a bad work spoken about Newcastle. It is a fine city.
Me neither...I prefer whole paragraphs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 01 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

Watched Hansel and Gretal last night with Jeremy Renmer, decent watch. Quite gory for what is a childs story but ok for a film that you don't have to focus on.

Also watched Expendables 2 again last night, for someone who grew up watching 80s action films I love this films. Good to see all the cast together, and guys like Terry Crews add some comedy value as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

Expendables 2 was brilliant, Arnie and Sly swapping old quotes like 'I'll be back' Laugh

Mind you, Van Damme would NEVER be beaten up by Sly, not even if he was Rocky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

It's one of my favourite ending lines though.."I'm not going to kill you...I'm going to take your life!"

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm

Doom - it was ok Brain Candy to be fair

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

Insomnia

One of Christopher Nolans earlier works pre Batman/Inception. Starring Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Hilary Swank.

I'm aware it's a few years old now but I still enjoyed it. Nice to see Pacino and Williams going toe to toe.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:53 pm

Watched 'busty babes' last night. I only caught the first five minutes, but it was good.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:25 pm

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:35 pm

Lumbering_jack wrote:Watched 'busty babes' last night. I only caught the first five minutes, but it was good.
think i have seen that, isn't it a political/social commentary on the struggle of family life set in a dystopian future?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:49 pm

Isn't that the opposite of a Utopia? Yeah, your right, I've read that elements of dystopias may vary from environmental to political and social issues. Dystopian societies have culminated in a broad series of sub-genres of fiction and are often used to raise real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, religion, psychology, spirituality or technology that may become present in the future. For this reason, dystopias have taken the form of a multitude of speculations, such as pollution, poverty, societal collapse, political repression or totalitarianism. It's all very interesting, I'll have to watch that film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Lumbering_jack wrote:Watched 'busty babes' last night. I only caught the first five minutes, but it was good.
think i have seen that, isn't it a political/social commentary on the struggle of family life set in a dystopian future?
It's about toddlers getting implants as a clever ploy to avoid getting Saviled.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:57 pm

John wrote:Isn't that the opposite of a Utopia? Yeah, your right, I've read that elements of dystopias may vary from environmental to political and social issues. Dystopian societies have culminated in a broad series of sub-genres of fiction and are often used to raise real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, religion, psychology, spirituality or technology that may become present in the future. For this reason, dystopias have taken the form of a multitude of speculations, such as pollution, poverty, societal collapse, political repression or totalitarianism. It's all very interesting, I'll have to watch that film.
this dystpoia mainly takes the form of head...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 01 Oct 2013, 2:58 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
I'll be watching the next 5 minutes tonight so will be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 01 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'll be watching the next 5 minutes tonight so will be sure to let you all know how it goes.
it will be interesting to get your views on the issues that are hauntingly brought to life with the mixture of Scripted dialogue and high quality improv by the talented actors.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 11:00 pm

Flight.

Enjoyable watch.

Denzel Washington, quality performance as always.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:44 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
I'll be watching the next 5 minutes tonight so will be sure to let you all know how it goes.
i could watch it for at least 15 minutes ,steam Wink 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:26 pm

The Campaign.
6/10
It was average. It had its moments.

Gangster Squad
8/10
I really enjoyed this. Not sure why it gets so much stick.
Really liked Gosling's character.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Oct 2013, 4:04 pm

I watched Argo yesterday and didn't really know a lot about the subject, however I really enjoyed this film. Affleck and Clooney did well with this film, and for such a serious subject there was a decent amount of comedy from John Goodman to make it light hearted at times.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

I watched the Charles Bronson film "Hard Times" last night. Also stars James Coburn and Jill Ireland. It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I thought the leads were excellent in the film and there's some good action too.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:44 pm

Killers.

Decent enough film to end the week on.

Katerine Heigl, I just find stunning.
But her talent is limited to comedy roles only.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm

Went to see Rush and thought it was excellent

thought the chap who played Lauda was brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 08 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

Football Factory

My daughter was sick and sleeping on the sofa last night, and I was the chosen one to look after her. So. I decided to watch Football Factory with Mr Dyer.

Thought it was quite good, as hooligan films go. Dyer is a bit of a one trick pony but had a couple of funny lines and was quite convincing as Tommy. Playing a wide boy mockney probably comes natural.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm

Sideways with Paul Giamatti.

Missed the first 15 minutes but quickly got into it. Film about two different guys on a wine tasting trip a week before one of them is getting married. Can see why it was Oscar nominated, really enjoyable & funny. Good film. 8/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 12:39 pm

John wrote:Sideways with Paul Giamatti.

Missed the first 15 minutes but quickly got into it. Film about two different guys on a wine tasting trip a week before one of them is getting married. Can see why it was Oscar nominated, really enjoyable & funny. Good film. 8/10.
Cracking film and one of those that some people now hate due to it's sucess.

PACIFIC RIM...basically Transformers meets Jurassic Park. Enjoyable if you like that sort of thing...still got to watch the last half hour or so but can't imagine it will throw me any major curveballs and definitely can't see me watching it again any time soon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

This. Is. The. End. quite funny at times and moronic at other either a 3 out of 10 or a 9 out of 10 depending on how much ganja you've had.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 09 Oct 2013, 3:37 pm

Bull wrote:The Campaign.
6/10
It was average. It had its moments.

Gangster Squad
8/10
I really enjoyed this. Not sure why it gets so much stick.
Really liked Gosling's character.  
with gosling now i think hes done the quiet nice guy but really hard man to death . would like to see him do another character but perhaps Im being picky . i did like him in drive , gangster squad and place beyond the pines but its like the same character . fracture he was good and different in it too but had lot more dialogue i guess . would love to see a drive two film tho

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm

Thought he was good in Crazy Stupid Love.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 09 Oct 2013, 4:44 pm

Yeah, Gosling was good in that. Top film.

Watched 'My Brother The devil' a couple of days ago. Another 'London gangster' type film but was a little more interesting. Concentrating mainly on the relationship of two Egyptian brothers.

6/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 10 Oct 2013, 1:17 am

RE-ANIMATOR i had forgotten how much i loved daft 80's horror films Smile 
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:28 am

I wathced Jacobs Ladder last night. A 1990 film starring Tim Robbins. It was quite a decent film, but after the ending it just felt kinda pointless. Featuring early performaces from Ving Rhames and Mackauley Culkin although he is uncredited.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:32 am

The 1978 version of 'I spit On Your Grave'

It wasn't quite as gruesome as I thought it might be. A pretty decent revenge movie though.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 Oct 2013, 9:46 am

Still hurts thinking of what she does to the bloke in the bath. He deserved it though.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Still hurts thinking of what she does to the bloke in the bath. He deserved it though.
He did. Thought the other two got it easy, compared to the man with learning difficulties.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:01 am

They all suffer in the remake.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:02 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:They all suffer in the remake.
Is that the 2010 one?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:03 am

Yeah.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 2:06 pm

Watched Alex Cross. Utterly terrible. Not sure why Fox bothered losing all that weight for the movie, it's a totally forgettable film. 4/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next