The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights

+15
Rodney
hogey
Herman Jaeger
Rowley
hazharrison
paperbag_puncher
88Chris05
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
captain carrantuohil
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
Strongback
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights - Page 2 Empty How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights

Post by Strongback Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Now that Floyd has won again and appears to have a warm place in people's hearts it is favourable time, for Floyd, to look at how he would do against some of the welterweight divisions finest ever.

Without further ado let's roll out the honours list. Please feel free to add any names I have not included.

1. Ray Robinson
2. Tommy Hearns
3. Ray Leonard
4. Pernnel Witaker
5. Henry Armstrong
6. Kid Gavilan
7. Barbados Joe Walcott
8. Jose Napoles
9. Emile Griffith
10. Mickey Walker
11. Roberto Duran ( because he's always topical)

In a head to head how does Floyd do against these guys!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights - Page 2 Empty Re: How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Absolutely, I think he gives every last one of them hell, as well. Perhaps with the exception of Hearns, actually. Think he's the antidote that Floyd so often likes to speak of.

Think Armstrong outworks him despite being outboxed at times.
Easily forgotten like Manny in fairness......That these aren't natural welters...

Drug issues not withstanding..
Rolling Eyes

You almost managed to pay Manny a compliment, so close.....
If I checked your history I bet 90% of your posts are cheap responses to a point I've made....

Why I don't use foe buttons......because I give you a reason for coming on here..Like fightnews.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights - Page 2 Empty Re: How Does Mayweather Do Against The ATG Welterweights

Post by Rodney Mon 16 Sep 2013, 2:47 pm

Quite like your principle of if someone else has payed for it you'll watch it. Nice touch mate.

Nice to see Matthew Hatton presenting and using the word ickle, I'm sure Tina would've been pleased.

Cheers rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't think Leonard desired to outpunch Tommy........

He simply had no choice...Leonard tried to box on the outside..
You're right, sorry Hearns came after Duran didn't he. He may have dropped the "play them at their own game" tack after being burned.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:04 pm

Probably....Certainly seemed to have learned his lesson in New Orleans..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

Rodney wrote:Quite like your principle of if someone else has payed for it you'll watch it. Nice touch mate.

Laugh 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't think Leonard desired to outpunch Tommy........

He simply had no choice...Leonard tried to box on the outside..
You're right, sorry Hearns came after Duran didn't he. He may have dropped the "play them at their own game" tack after being burned.
Mayweather - Hagler would have been interesting to watch...

I always thought Curry had a great chance against Marv in 86............and not sure Hagler wouldn't struggle with Mayweather the way he did Duran and Leonard..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rodney wrote:Quite like your principle of if someone else has payed for it you'll watch it. Nice touch mate.

Laugh 
Still have not paid for boxnation and have not done anything that would make me even vaguely hypocritical in terms of our policy around streaming on here. Genuinely happy my stance is intact here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:13 pm

Good stance too...With you buddy all the way.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

Floyd is a natural welter, he's grown into the weight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

Had his first welterweight fight when he was 30..

So obviously he's a natural welter...Just like Roberto..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:35 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh 
Still have not paid for boxnation and have not done anything that would make me even vaguely hypocritical in terms of our policy around streaming on here. Genuinely happy my stance is intact here.
Not paying to view a paid event is not paying to view a paid event, however you want to spin it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

I don't care how old he is. He is a welterweight now.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:37 pm

Whatever no one takes you seriously anyway..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 16 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

I'd pick both Sugar Rays and Hearns over him. Whittaker vs Floyd has 'close decision' written all over it. I'd pick him to beat the rest more often than not, although I agree Duran gives him a rough old time but ultimately gets outboxed.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2