The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights

4 posters

Go down

Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights Empty Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights

Post by Union Cane Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 pm

A decent night's action, as far as these things go, with Adil Anwar of Leeds eventually coming out on top, his quick feet and lightning jab proving too much for all three of his opponents as he eased his way to three points victories and £32,000.

Hot prospect Tyrone Nurse (20-0 before the evening began), from what the MC somewhat bizarrely called "the fighting city of Huddersfield", looked good on his way to the final, with a nasty (though accidental) clash of heads with Dale Miles stopping his first bout, and a win over seasoned campaigner Young Mutley in his second, but he didn't have an answer to Anwar's speed and agility, and went down to a first career defeat.

Liverpool's John Watson made a good start, aggressively taking out home fighter Dean Harrison inside a round, but he was then defeated by the impressive Anwar in the second semi final.

Anwar moves to 16-1, how far do you think he can go?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights Empty Re: Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights

Post by manos de piedra Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I thought he looked a cut above the rest of the opposition really. But he has one of those styles that can look great against limited opponents but hard to know if it gets found out higher up. I thought he looked comfortable throughout though.

He should be in line for a bout for Theophanes title soone enough which should tell us more.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights Empty Re: Prizefighter - The Light Welterweights

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Was that not the guy Alex dad was working with, he's definately got himself into a decent position, fair play to the guy.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 pm

I think Anwar done very well, he was the best fighter and deserved the win.

My only issue with him was at times his hands were so far down and he was open to some shots, it didn't make to much of a difference on the night but i fear for him when getting higher up and facing better opposition that he may be punished for having this relaxed stance at times.

was impressed with Nurse as well, in the first round against Dale Miles he was quick, in and out and not getting hit cleanly.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down