The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September

+30
Manky-Flanker
cakeordeath
thebandwagonsociety
IanBru
LeinsterFan4life
CraigS1874
GLove39
bsando
justified sinner
Notch
MacKnocked-on
madmaccas
reallybored
Captain_Sensible
ME-109
Tattie Scones RRN
Thomond
Rory_Gallagher
profitius
jimbopip
Jenifer McLadyboy
MMC
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RuggerRadge2611
Artful_Dodger
Sin é
RDW
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
George Carlin
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September - Page 3 Empty Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September

Post by George Carlin Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the new season, Munster and Edinburgh fans.

Here we go, then:

Saturday 7th September 2013
Kick off: 19:15
Musgrave Park, Cork
Live on TG4/BBC Heedrumhodrum

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 18th competition game)
Assistant Referees: S Gallagher, P Haycock (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (IRFU)
TMO: Jude Quinn (IRFU)

A. Form - Head to head:

Munster v Edinburgh

25 Played 25
20 Wins 5
5 Losses 20
0 Draws 0
55 Tries 36
35 Conversions 26
66 Penalties 44
1 Drop Goals 3
546 Points 373
25 Avg. Age 25

B. Last season:

Saturday 1 September 2012, 20:00, Murrayfield
Edinburgh Rugby 18 - 23 Munster Rugby

Saturday 9 February 2013, 19:45, Musgrave Park
Munster Rugby 30 - 3 Edinburgh Rugby

C. Teams:

1. Munster guinness    

15 Denis Hurley
14 Ronan O'Mahony
13 Casey Laulala
12 Ivan Dineen
11 Johne Murphy
10 Ian Keatley
9 Duncan Williams

1 James Cronin
2 Mike Sherry
3 Stephen Archer
4 Dave Foley
5 Donncha O’Callaghan
6 Dave O'Callaghan
7 Sean Dougall
8 James Coughlan (C)

Replacements:
Damien Varley,
Dave Kilcoyne,
John Ryan,
Billy Holland,
Tommy O’Donnell,
Cathal Sheridan,
JJ Hanrahan,
Cian Bohane.

2. Edinburgh cuppa 

15 Greig Tonks
14 Dougie Fife
13 Nick De Luca
12 Ben Atiga
11 Lee Jones
10 Piers Francis
9 Sean Kennedy

1 Alasdair Dickinson
2 Ross Ford
3 WP Nel
4 Grant Gilchrist
5 Izak van der Westhuizen
6 Sean Cox (c)
7 Roddy Grant
8 David Denton

Substitutes:
16 Aleki Lutui,
17 Geoff Cross,
18 Lewis Niven,
19 Ollie Atkins,
20 Hamish Watson,
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne,
22 Harry Leonard,
23 Jack Cuthbert

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:30 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:That's Edinburgh just announced that the big saffer loosehead blaauw has arrived today. He's straight into being 24th man and will travel to Munster tomorrow!
More to gain familiarity with his team-mates surely?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster v Edinburgh, 7 September

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:51 am

Its gonna be a funny game I think

I really do think (due to injuries being a big factor) that Burgh will win the forward battle but Munster will win the battle in the backs

It's going to come down to which is the more effective unit!

Burgh will need to try and starve Munster of the ball.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:31 am

tattie, I'd be v surprised if Embra's backrow get parity at the breakdown, and that seems to decide the result these days

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:44 am

Nah, I think we have parity in the back row and the edge in the front 5!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:55 pm

oh and while I'm at it please show that Edinburgh fans can donate more money than the great unwashed in Glasgow...

https://www.606v2.com/t45107-please-sponsor-me-for-running-a-10k-again

Shameless plug for trying to raise money for a rugby related charity... Sorry Hug
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:06 pm

dude that was one crappy shameless plug

I have no shame

I'll do it for you

https://www.606v2.com/t45107-please-sponsor-me-for-running-a-10k-again

GO GIVE THE FAT PROP (SORRY, RUGGERRADGE) SOME MONEY

tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

lol

I clearly fecked that up!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:09 pm

tidied it up for you tattie - I'm nice that way!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm

very kind sir!

I was trying to get the font big but clearly failed!

I blame the system!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

on the plus side, my boo boo has resulted in us having more posts on here than there are on the weedgie thread

not that we are in compitition or that

Yahoo drumroll
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

tigertattie wrote:Nah, I think we have parity in the back row and the edge in the front 5!
Agree with the second comment Tattie - that is a first choice tight 5 for me and a very good front row if Ford can find his arrows.

As for the loosies, we know Cox is doing good work on the blindside but we don't (or do we, I didn't see the pre-season games?) have any feel for how the ginger midget or Mr Glory Carry will be playing.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 3:57 pm

George Carlin wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Nah, I think we have parity in the back row and the edge in the front 5!
Agree with the second comment Tattie - that is a first choice tight 5 for me and a very good front row if Ford can find his arrows.

As for the loosies, we know Cox is doing good work on the blindside but we don't (or do we, I didn't see the pre-season games?) have any feel for how the ginger midget or Mr Glory Carry will be playing.
GC,

It sounds like Denton has started very strongly – back to his rampaging best. He was MOTM last week and Mike Blair singled him out in his BBC column. Seems to be liking the route 1 approach under Solomons unsurprisingly!

Not sure about the ginger midget though – he went off early last week.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

I wonder if the ginger midget and the ginger monster share some form of ancestry???
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm

So you're basiicaly postulating that all gingers are related? Seems fair.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:47 pm

well, if you go back far enough, there must be some from of shared parentage! Afterall, the gene that results in ginger hair came about as a genetic mutation!

Now.  I'm not saying that gingers are mutants, but................
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 4:58 pm

I’m sure there was a programme on recently about genetics – not only did humans originate from one person, gingers also originated from one person!

Must have been a fright when the first ginger was born….!Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:14 pm

Bizarrely I've just discovered that Scotland's oldest soaperie is based in Kirkintilloch, almost Glasgow

http://caurnie.com/epages/950000822.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000822/Categories/About_us-stro

It's very small though. I'm not sure they've targeted the right area of Scotland.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:15 pm

justified sinner wrote:I'm not sure they've targeted the right area of Scotland.
Laugh laughing 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 06 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

tigertattie wrote:well, if you go back far enough, there must be some from of shared parentage! Afterall, the gene that results in ginger hair came about as a genetic mutation!

From Wiki: "Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein." Ergo, all gingers should be on X-Men.

Our esteemed colleague GLove to comment please.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:41 pm

Just heard the reason mcinally moved to hooker.

Ross ford is moving to prop. Hooking until thon new fella is brought up to speed the moving over
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:49 pm

Where did you hear that? Ford moving to tighthead or LH?

Big call if it's true moving a B&I Lion hooker to prop to accommodate McInally....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:17 pm

weird! Hope it works if true. Scotland will have a very mobile pack. Are the SRU being very inteligent for a change? New scrum laws mean scrums are not as physical anymore really, which means perhaps the new front rower/hookers need to be mobile units, essentiually backrowers on the front row? Total speculaction/thinking out loud

Looking forward to seeing how Edinburgh do tomorrow night. Notably, Roddy Grant, van der.. Saffa 2nd row, Kennedy, Atiga, NDL, Denton, Nel.. the whole team I guess haha.

Expecting them to lose, but if they can at the very least play well and lose I'll be happy.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:16 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Where did you hear that? Ford moving to tighthead or LH?

Big call if it's true moving a B&I Lion hooker to prop to accommodate McInally....
I dimly recall there was some chat about this at the last World Cup. I will try and find the article because there were actually sensible reasons for it. I presume it would be a move to LH although I think if you lose Murray and Welsh we have more problems on the TH side.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:49 pm

George Carlin wrote:
tigertattie wrote:well, if you go back far enough, there must be some from of shared parentage! Afterall, the gene that results in ginger hair came about as a genetic mutation!

From Wiki: "Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein." Ergo, all gingers should be on X-Men.

Well funny you mention X-Men cause at the rate my sideburns grow, give them a few weeks unchecked and I'd probably pass for ginger Wolverine!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 07 Sep 2013, 12:55 pm

Not surprised at Ross Ford moving sideways, Tom Youngs has been moaning about the new scrum laws. Apparently hookers will be required to lift one foot off the floor in order to "hook" the ball and Mr Youngs thinks this could be quite a dangerous thing to do in a scrum, during a rugby match. [b]I'm not making this up[b]
Obviously for people who have just pushed for years the actual hooking part will be a shock. So why not stick at what you are good at become a prop?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:13 pm

GLove39 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Well funny you mention X-Men cause at the rate my sideburns grow, give them a few weeks unchecked and I'd probably pass for ginger Wolverine!
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:06 pm

Looking forward to his game, was just thinking we (edinburgh) have a lot of average second rows then I went on the website to find we have 31 forwards in the squad. Bit ridiculous do you not think ? I could understand 20 or so but most of these guys won't even play yet edinburgh will pay them a lot.

don't think Munster will be great but. I predict another poor season for edinburgh this year

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:14 pm

GLove39 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

it also occurred to me that if there isn't already a Scottish student band called Ginger Wolverine, then that is nothing short of a crime.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 6:58 pm

Not got a good feeling about tonight...
Last 3 trips to Cork
Munster 30 - 3 Edinburgh (pro12)
Munster 33 - 0 Edinburgh (HCup)
Munster 33 - 0 Edinburgh (pro12)
Shocked 

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:01 pm

George Carlin wrote:
GLove39 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

it also occurred to me that if there isn't already a Scottish student band called Ginger Wolverine, then that is nothing short of a crime.
Alas if only I was a) a student & b) musical I could make that happen!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm

GLove39 wrote:Not got a good feeling about tonight...
Last 3 trips to Cork
Munster 30 - 3 Edinburgh (pro12)
Munster 33 - 0 Edinburgh (HCup)
Munster 33 - 0 Edinburgh (pro12)
Shocked 
Getting 'nilled' in the Heineken really was an absolute disgrace and the very memory of that should push this Edinburgh side along.

Really depends which Munster turns up - the ferocious Heineken Cup semi-finalists or the slightly disinterested looking side that plonked themselves into 6th in the Rabo table.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:17 pm

Why do Munster still play here? Nobody goes to the feckin games.

Its funny because they were actually talking about upgrading the stadium.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:27 pm

Dickinson off, Niven on. Let's hope for no more injuries

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:28 pm

Edinburgh just won a scrum penalty.

That's it, I'm finally having the operation and calling myself 'Sandrine'. It is the end of days.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:35 pm

Never a try!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

It's going to be a long night

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:37 pm

Were is Embras defence?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:39 pm

What a ridiculous back heel.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:42 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Why do Munster still play here? Nobody goes to the feckin games.

Its funny because they were actually talking about upgrading the stadium.
Hurling rules cork. People may not have the funds to head to this game and travel to Dublin for the AI.

I do agree though on the rationale to split training and matches betwee two locations.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm

Munster getting all the luck here - need to stem this tide soon

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:48 pm

Ye band forgot about the hurling being on. There will be loads at that. They nearly outnumbered the dubs in the semi final.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm

Never thought I'd see the day, Lee Jones sin binned for a dangerous tackle!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

That's one of the softest yellows I've seen in a long time - wasn't dangerous in the slightest!

Still stupid from Jones

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

Think it's fair to say of Solomons didn't quite appreciate the scale of the task ahead of him - he'll know for sure now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

Ref asks the TMO "any reason why he can't award the try?"
Sympathy?

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:57 pm

So about what I said about this maybe being a close game Whistle 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm

Shame piers missed 2 kicks - 22-12 would have been a great result after that half!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm

Just a tiny bit depressed.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:09 pm

As it stands, Edinburgh will be doing well if they can deny Munster the BP in the 2nd half. Munster getting over the gain line far too easily, not helped by edinburgh's yellow card

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 07 Sep 2013, 8:11 pm

Munster looking a lot more comfortable moving the ball, much better hands and skills than last year. Very heartening for Penney.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next