The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly

5 posters

Go down

Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly Empty Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly

Post by Adam D Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:13 pm

Last night we were joined by Enzo Calzaghe MBE for a Welsh boxing round up special.

Following on from this weekends action, v2 thought it might be a good idea
to get the thoughts of the former Ring trainer of the year on the latest performances from Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly.

As always, Enzo had some strong views on the career of both of his former
fighters. He talked about what he could do for both boxers at this stage of
their career, as well as what he thought they did well and not so well.

And as a finale, he also talked about Joe Calzaghes toughest fight - the fig tarte tartin from Masterchef!

A huge thank you to Enzo for joining us and please note that the show is now moving to Monday evenings starting the 2nd September.

We will be rejoined by Enzo on that night where he will be answering your questions as per our regular "Ask Enzo" feature. So if you have any, please post your questions here - or alternatively you can email us at boxing@v2journal.co.uk

And dont forget to subscribe on iTunes or Podomatic to ensure you get to hear all future shows.

http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/08/the-v2boxing-podcast-22nd-august-with-enzo-calzaghe.html

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/v2-boxings-podcast/id623860606

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly

Post by Adam D Sun 25 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

By the way, did anyone agree with my summation of Clev being like Rocky Balboa in Rocky III?

The point I was making is that he was hand-fed opponents, and then came up against a real wrecking machine in Cluber Lang/ Kovalev.

As Enzo said, he took the training lightly and believed he only had to turn up.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly Empty Re: Enzo Calzaghe gives his thoughts on Enzo Mac and Nathan Cleverly

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 25 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

I can't listen to it right now, but I don't agree with that.

Clev just ran into a guy too good for him. They could fight another 9 times and it would 10-0 Kovalev. To Sergey, Nathan was just another stepping stone.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteChris Sun 25 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

I haven't listened to it yet but just wanted to comment on the Rocky 3 thing.

Makes sense, as it's true Clev was fed opponents & complacency is a killer in boxing.

The manner of the stoppage & how Kovalev looked to to able to do pretty much as he wanted made it look like there is a gulf in class & in probably every category, but Clev was a good amateur too & is a good fighter

Only way we will know for sure is a rematch but not sure Clev loves the game enough to dig deep enough, Rocky didn't have a degree in maths did he

DynamiteChris

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 27 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm

I don't know what training the Cleverlys do, but I know that Vince Cleverly is a bit of a laughing stock in the local boxing scene due to his inexperience and complete lack of knowledge in the subject.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm

Do you have an English version?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down