The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread

+8
Enforcer
The Last Outlaw
Thunder87
Marky
jeromedubois
x12x
Steel
Paul Mac 6CW
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread - Page 2 Empty 6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

OK so there you go folks - Now you see what all the delays were about, hope you enjoyed the show, no doubt you will have a load of questions Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread

Post by Enforcer Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Dubs, it has been an age. Probably not since BBC 606 or the old 6CW site possibly! Looking forward to having you write some of my matches.

Of course it was Gregers! A really good character too, even apart from the merge it looks like the roster has got stronger. Having read the latest show I have to say there was a mini mark out for the return of the Australian Phenom!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 pm

think a show every 5 days is too much, no time for promoing and definitely too much pressure on the writers to meet deadlines

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 pm

its a hard balance as if you space the shows out too far, then wrestlers get disinterested.

If you do them too often, then writers struggle.

Have you ever considered a match result show where no writing is involved but people could still create their own storyline.

In other words, every other 5 day period, its the equivalent of Sunday Night heat and instead of a full write up its just "Wrestler A beat Wrestler B by roll up". That way people can still promo for it but takes pressure off the writers?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 pm

A brand split has always been a long goal of mine that I have always wanted to try. But would have 2 seperate shows with separates rosters making sure you had one show a week, but the schedule being on a 2 week period if that made any sense. At this point in time though I don't think we have enough people Smile, and with the shock we created yesterday I think we will be going back to a little normality Smile

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 pm

A show every 5 days tomato 

In all honesty I don't want to go down the two show route as we may as well have not merged - I think on one show we can easily accommodate that size roster and multiple belts - Who knows we could create a tag belt.

That is the beauty of having the merge. We can look at what changes we want to put in and what we want to keep the same. There is a lot of what was in EWF that we really liked and want to keep but under the combined 6CW banner

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 pm

I'd be happy with the 10 day gap. If its all going to be one show plus we have a pool of writers

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Adam D wrote:its a hard balance as if you space the shows out too far, then wrestlers get disinterested.

If you do them too often, then writers struggle.

Have you ever considered a match result show where no writing is involved but people could still create their own storyline.

In other words, every other 5 day period, its the equivalent of Sunday Night heat and instead of a full write up its just "Wrestler A beat Wrestler B by roll up". That way people can still promo for it but takes pressure off the writers?

We are looking at ways of changing the face of E fedding and that is something we have looked at. I like the idea of a flexible schedule so we could have an episode of Anarchy and then 5 days later say have a smaller episode of Conflict and then a week later Anarchy. We want to keep things fresh and interesting but keep everybody involved, its a fine balance that we will have to work on

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:29 pm

I worded it wrong, it wouldn't really be a show every 5 days, it would still be the standard 10 day gap...this is how I would space it.

1st - Show A's card is put up
5th - Show B's card is put up
10th - Show A 1 is posted/next card for show A 2 is posted
15th - Show B 1 is posted/next card for show B 2 is posted
20th - Show A 2 is posted/next card for show A 3 is posted
25th - Show B 2 is posted/next card for show B 3 is posted

and so on, basically on the one side have JJ with show A and Paul and Dubs with show B with story lines running through both shows that link together and some shows have guys who normally show up on show A on show B...this way it makes sense to have two World Titles, it also gives us a load of shows a month to build to PPV's...I like the idea of having a draft etc

I'm getting way in to this haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't think we'll be splitting the roster though, the merger would make no sense, may as well have stayed seperate companies

I like the idea of having the one roster and a huge show every 10-14 days. This would be one heck of an active fed.

Also down the line have a unification bout so we only have one world title, maybe introducing a 4th less prestigious title so then we would have 20 odd guys over 4 belts with one of those belts obviously being the big one

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:37 pm

My suggestion for belts down the line would be:

Unified World Heavyweight Championship (EWF & 6CW)
Television Title
Anarchy Title
UK Title (like the WWE US Title)
Tag Titles

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Agree with that, maybe have reservations about tag titles as I don't like pairing singles competitiors as tag teams (unless part of a faction), think more often than not it highlights a lack of ideas for said characters direction. I think if we got some genuine tag teams though would like to see the titles

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:45 pm

I always prefered being part of a tag team as it took pressure off to always promo and kept things fresh.

If you have four good individual promoers, then the tag team division can be amazing.

I always think its a shame in efedding and WWF that tag teams are looked down upon.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 pm

We do benefit (as long as everybody is still happy to help) with having a large pool of match writers at our disposal, obviously with Dubs and JJ able to knock the big matches out of the park - I chip in with the odd segment

To start with we will probably stick to basics show every 10-14 days etc but we have a creative meeting planned and we will look ahead to Night of Glory next year

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

In 6WF I was a part of a couple of tag teams and it was great. It meant that you could have a good run in a team which makes promos more fun as there are 3 people to bounce off and as Adam said relieves the pressure slightly.

The other thing is that when tag teams were used, most had singles feuds when not in the title scene - but they were still recognised as a team. In EWF for example Jimmy Phillips & Mike Conrad and Thunder & Liam Wood could be used as teams if not in a singles title feud.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Sometimes in terms of kicking somebody's journey to the top off a start in the tag division is perfect. Definitely for Lex it is where I really found my feet.

Adam what was ELC's tag team called again? - They were always a favourite of mine

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:53 pm

I like tag teams but at the moment i don't feel the roster is big enough for it. Not a fan of having too many title as well as I believe one too many feds have that structure, and two having too many titles takes away some of the glamour of the storyline, as the story tends to always revolve around a challenger wanting the title. The less titles the more creative you can be, the more titles I believe you just end up lazy and don't need to think too much as to what to do next.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Just a quick request, could we update Viper's character sheet to the one I sent to you guys..also add this picture at the top as I think having an idea of what they look like helps the reader picture the character more.

6CW Aftermath Feedback Thread - Page 2 Viperl12

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:Chaos is Gregers E

Blade did you like your match - It was the first one I've written in a long time

Yeah liked it a lot its showing how frustrating it is for Blade at the moment.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Viper mate is it alright with you if I set a GFX request page mate? Incase people want a character logo like yours and stuff like that. If you have the time of course Smile

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I t5hink that puts me off tag teams is when I first come into this with gazzy and Angel I was the tag champion for ever because there was nobody else hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:06 pm

jeromedubois wrote:Viper mate is it alright with you if I set a GFX request page mate? Incase people want a character logo like yours and stuff like that. If you have the time of course Smile

I'll be honest, I'm happy to do logos but I'd like to see them being used as in EWF people stopped using them and it became clear that the work was in vein, I'm 10000% happy to do the main show logos like weekly shows, PPV's and the main 6CW logo but doing logos for 25 people would be a lot of work only to see them not being used.

Does that make sense?
We can start a new thread though and I can start some 6CW logos if that's needed yet?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Paul, I did not realise you were Lex Hart!! Learn something new every day I guess.

ELCs partner was Cain Ryder, my alter ego!

I think a unified world title, hardcore/anarchy and TV/US title would be good.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Will hit you a pm mate Wink

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Jheeze come back from holiday to a very nice suprise. Very nice to see a merge between two companies. Not only does it add a lot of depth to the roster but it makes for a much more active fed as already shown. Although a large roster, I still don't think its time to introduce tag titles to the scene, would give that a few more months however having around 3 singles titles is fine.

Good show by the way guys, really things will only get better from here on out. P.S Viper, like the image mate, real cool idea, definately looks like a blend of Punk & Y2J!

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:15 pm

xviperx wrote:
jeromedubois wrote:Viper mate is it alright with you if I set a GFX request page mate? Incase people want a character logo like yours and stuff like that. If you have the time of course Smile

I'll be honest, I'm happy to do logos but I'd like to see them being used as in EWF people stopped using them and it became clear that the work was in vein, I'm 10000% happy to do the main show logos like weekly shows, PPV's and the main 6CW logo but doing logos for 25 people would be a lot of work only to see them not being used.

Does that make sense?
We can start a new thread though and I can start some 6CW logos if that's needed yet?

I didnt realize we were meant to be. I thought they were for the profile pages

shall start using mine in future

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't know tbh but I originally thought they'd be used for shows but that didn't happen in the end...me and Dubs are speaking and by the looks of it each star with have his own signature picture like the one I made for Viper instead of a logo to go on the character sheet.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Putting my admin hat on, having the sigs at the end of every promo wouldn't be possible as there would be too many images on the page. I know we have relaxed the rules about images being in spoiler tags, but there still needs to be consideration of people using the site in offices.

Taking my admin hat off, if every promo had an image I would have to leave the fed as I use it in my office and the images would be far too noticeable!

Edit after Viper's post: Having the image at the top of the Character Sheet would be good though.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I agree with Enforcer - I like the use of the occasional banner etc but anything that makes it more obvious at work of what I am doing is a no no in my eyes Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Yeah that's what I mean, i was on an efed a few days ago and though it looked cool it got a bit silly have a big signature after every post even if that post just said "lol"

I think the signatures would only ever be used for roster pages so that people could see the face behind the name, would find it much easier to relate to I think.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 pm

We will add it to the list of things for the 3 of us to discuss

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:37 pm

Oh ok, should I hold off on the 6CW and show logo then? Me and Dubs were discussing it but I can wait until things are official.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

I think having a 6CW logo is fine , we will confirm the rest tomorrow

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Yeah that's cool, will give people time to think of pic bases if the idea does go ahead. Will come up with some concepts for 6CW logos now.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Adam, create someone and I'm sure we can find a tag team duo there, would certainly ease me having 4 promos to write each week, or at the very least think of 4 new ideas each week cos I can just jump on the back of yours (some would say a complete role reversal of the podcast Wink)

Cant say I see the point in a brand split as of yet because surely that would be just like having the two companies as they are anyway? If its a strain to write a show with 25 odd people in I dont mind doing some stuff on the lower card stuff, I could see myself envisioning some decent lower level feuds to keep people busy

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:20 pm

I think a good question of the day would be:

With the two feds merging into one, who do you see feuding with who?

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:38 pm

gazzy with Max adamson...obvious one for me

I'd say with Phillips I'd be happy to go up against one of the bigger guys like Plague or Orthrus and fight the regime, but thats what id like as opposed to what I think because I honestly don't know

I think the champs are obviously locked into their feuds, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them taking on each others #1 contenders.

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Viper and Nack is an obvious one due to them both wanting to stake their claim as the real world champion...on top of that though we still have number one contenders so they'll get thrown in to the mix as well.

So many possibilities!

Could have a tag match of

Viper & the EWF number one contender v Nack & the 6CW number one contender with the winning tag team then turning in to a singles match for the unified belt.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2