The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread

+5
Good Golly I'm Olly
Paul Mac 6CW
Electric Demon
Nay
Dolphin Ziggler
9 posters

Go down

Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread Empty Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 1 Aug - 21:47

Crack on

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread Empty Re: Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread

Post by Nay Mon 1 Aug - 22:25

Cracking start to the show

Interested to see how Cerberus, Engel and Masters come together.

Also Intrigued by what McManus has planned. What change is coming

Nice touch having Hurt start to play with Graces head, with the been there done that, know the signs chat.

Enjoying it so far

Nay

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread Empty Re: Aftermath Discussion and Feedback thread

Post by Nay Mon 1 Aug - 23:10

Not enjoying as much now Whistle

Congrats Olly, Excellent match whoever wrote that

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 1 Aug - 23:36

Well, I did get this message from a young west brom fan today:

"Also without wishing to boast but the O'Callaghan vs Faith title match I just posted is a worldie"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 2 Aug - 6:14

Holy F*CK

What a show, unbelievable.

LOGAN (I HATE THAT GUY) AND BLUE DRAGON ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 2 Aug - 6:35

Also a lot have peeps have been hit up this. How is Joshua gonna react?

Would love to see Logan Vs Joshua as some point.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 2 Aug - 8:16

There are shows... Then there are mother f'n shows! That was amazing. So much happened! Shocking stuff!

Take a bow guys. Wow!

Proper feedback and discourse later!

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 2 Aug - 8:43

Well done fellas - Done me proud

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 2 Aug - 8:54

Much like demon - wow what a show, I'll post proper feedback later but buzzing to be UK champ (sorry nay - but think this means you'll move up the card so all good in the long run)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 2 Aug - 9:11

Congratulations Ol - deserved champion. O Callaghan is going to be awesome with the belt, as was Faith!

If that's a genuine return - with the handlers coming back too, not just the characters, I'm going to soil myself 10 times over with excitement before I even clean it up

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 2 Aug - 9:14

Oh they are both back Very Happy

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 2 Aug - 9:17

ANNOUNCE LEE ANNOUNCE LEE ANNOUNCE LEE ANNOUNCE LEE
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 2 Aug - 9:48

What is it the kids say these days?

Tsunami of poo flying everywhere?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 2 Aug - 9:49

Cassius Zhi wrote:What is it the kids say these days?

Tsunami of poo flying everywhere?

If by "the kids" you mean Kenty and Olly then yes.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 2 Aug - 9:55

The show was weird and wonderful all at once

The start felt a bit rushed and all over the place, with just trying to tie up the Jones loose end which they did with Big Josh destroying his former master, then him getting attacked by a team of Engel, Cerberus and Masters of all people. Engel and Cerberus teaming up is the weird part of the show for me, I know they have history and have feuded for near on a year now but then just teaming is a mind f**k for me, I thought with the TV tourney they would go their seperate ways and go on to bigger things, Cerberus being TV Champ needs space away from Engel to develop as a character I think but hopefully he won't become the muscle/henchman of the group and for the groups sake I hope Cult is back promoing as Masters and the other 2 dont have to carry him as what happened when Costello joined the Xtreme Title scene

All the matches were superb again, the Faith/O'Callaghan match was amazing and congratz Olly kiss

I think O'Callaghan should have taken the International Title from Crimey, as Chris said on the FB chat it was a reward for all Ollys good work so one promo in a few months shouldn't be rewarded with holding a title, consitancy is key (not getting at Crimey just what I think)

The Main Event was a great read and the ending played out perfect, great to see Lee and BD back efedding and them destroying everyone at the end shows their worth to 6CW, can't wait to see how it pans out and if they are indeed part of a 6WF group with Zhi and hopefully Clarke James

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 2 Aug - 10:21

Thanks dicey and everyone for the congrats!

I kinda know what you mean about intercontinental title, but I think faith needed to lose the UK one to allow him to get his much deserved push up the card - and think crime lord keeping that one is fine (gives it a lot of prestige)

Like you I'm all over the place about the Cerbs/Engel stuff - was kinda hoping we'd have more info about it as the show progressed - doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me at the moment...but we'll see what next week has in store
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 2 Aug - 10:25

Great show.

I wonder if Engel has got into Cerberus' head or whether those three just wanted to take a big scalp to make an impact. Could Twist be dropping down Joshua to have just Grace? I think this means Joshua is a face as well which will be interesting.

The returns were really well written and it's a big shake up. 

O'Callaghan winning the title was highlight of the show though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 2 Aug - 10:40

It has to be linked to the attack on Jones doesn't it? A kind of mutually assured destruction back-up plan. Maybe he had it all along in case of Joshua going off the rails.

It fits it with what I've said previously about Jones having every single agent of chaos in 6CW positioned where he wants them like chess pieces, so if he is deposed he can watch it fall apart. In his final months he was playing Jenga with 6CW, making sure he was the keystone.

You've got to let these storylines play out. It's good storytelling to just allow the shock of what happened to linger at the end of one show, and give people the reason to anticipate the answers on the next show. It might not make much sense yet, but then that is entirely consistent with Engel's character isn't it. It might become clear, it might never make sense. But even if it never makes sense - there will be a reason for that. It's Engel!

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 2 Aug - 10:49

Jones pretty much left Masters to the side after he lost the title to Leone so I can't see it being a back up plan as Masters hates Jones plus he hasn't been seen in months and Cult has had personal stuff going on so cant promo at the minute. I can't see it being Jones behind it and if it is, it will make less sense to me Laugh

I get what you are saying about letting it play out or "the bigger picture" (*shudders*) but Engel and Cerberus have being trying to kill each other for a year and almost did a few times, then they are partners in a new super group without any build up, thats the weird and confusing part to me anyway. They have a teaming up history in the Circus of Horrors and as you say Engel is unpredictable as is Cerberus so it could be explained that way but the lack of information even afterwards is throwing me a little

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 2 Aug - 12:41

So what does everyone else think will happen next?

Any ideas, guesses, suggestions.

Given the Partisan Nature of the crowd, does Cameron Faith is that Faith a face, but with Carte blanche to get away with things others wouldnt.

What are Logan and Blues motivations for coming back, what could have possibly brought the two brothers together again.

Will Grace snap and if so when, what will be the trigger?

Is Joshua gone only to return when we least expect it, or will he back next week on the war path.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 2 Aug - 13:31

Was a really good show.

I was also confused with the trio coming out and attacking Joshua. As separate entities, I could see a reason but together? The Engel and Cerberus partnership was strange as "those two have beaten the living hell out of each other for months on end". But I liked that it was talked about by Masters near the end of the show. What we need is Cerberus and Engel having the chance to say why they are joining as a three now. They are basically vultures picking on the scraps that Reborn didn't want when he proved that Joshua is just a mere mortal. Does this mean the TV title won't be contested as often?

Grace will be available for an interview through his new management Tim - One Charles Kramer.

I think Faith losing was a shock but O'Callaghan has been knocking on the door. I hope Faith moves up now as I think Nay really deserves it. He is the new figurehead of the Glasgow crowd and Nay has been a consistently good and active promoer.

The big "shock" was massive due to how deadly Logan and BD looked. I loved how moves were referenced to moments in efed history. I am looking forward to BD and Logan's promos. Could we now see Xtreme make a comeback as these two guys made their name in hardcore matches.

Brill Aftermath, some questions to be answered but it certainly kicks off the new season. Nicely done all involved.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 2 Aug - 17:56

I echo Crimey's comments about Joshua now being seen as a face - which is intriguing if he still about (has he been written out?)

Regarding Faith - agree with Twist we should now see him move up the card - not sure who he will face next tho

Re: O'Callaghan - there has been tension/heat between him and Heath for a little while now - segments here and there, taking each other out at NOG to allow Thunder to win, Heath beating O'Callaghan in the TV title tourney - I wouldn't be surprised to see something develop over time there.....

I enjoy that there are so many questions at this stage - how it should be as you kick off the new year! Just wanna see the card for the next show so we can hopefully get some clues...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 2 Aug - 19:22

Making Joshua face seems very weird. He would only be cheered through sympathy or getting one over loathed heels.

He certainly wouldn't play up to the fans.

Far as I'm aware Joshua is still here. He needs to lick his wounds and come back. If he goes for good then so be it. All ready for a GtG return.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 2 Aug - 19:45

He can be a face in the same way Undertaker is a face. Obviously the character itself isn't very face, but through who he's up against he can still be face. He doesn't really cheat anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 2 Aug - 20:32

I agree - Joshua on his own and destroying people can work as a face. Particularly if the opposition are loathsome

Just read the show again. It really is an amazing read

Should have known the show was going to be jam-packed in hindsight when you consider the beatings for Jones and then Joshua both happened before any matches! I must say the choice of the head butt on Jones was picture perfect - it reads so aptly violent and sudden.

Not sure what happened to Jerome Dubois afterwards? Was his cameo just a bit of fun, Raw guest host style, or did he have a handle on anything?

The tag team title match was brilliant. That one really build to a crescendo, was very well written. Love it when Jessica gets involved.

Intrigued by Grace's position - the pose with "make a wishers" was very interesting, and then the advice from Jack Hurst. Could this lead to something? Would be a shame if Hurst and Perez were to end so abruptly, but Hurst and Grace could be interesting. I genuinely have no idea where Grace is heading but can't wait to see it unfold.

O Callaghan's attitude throughout his match was so perfect for the situation. As much as I marked out over his win, I think my favourite bit was when he shushed the crowd. It was Kevin Owens-Esque and so in keeping with what Olly does in his promos. Imagine doing that to a hometown crowd and then beating the homeboy for his title by submission... the heat would be insane! Excellent match - all in the detail.

Speaking of detail - the bit in the main event where Dicey finally got in the ring with Cassius, after Cassius has continued his trolling of him, was filled with suspense, and I genuinely didn't know if Zhi was just going to bolt put of the ring or not. Again, like with O Callaghan's heat, the pop that moment would have generated given how it was played out would have been insane. Another brilliant match.

I marked out again for Kincade and Dragon even though I knew they were coming this time Laugh What a debut that was. I can't wait to see what they want. And poor old Dicey, when are people going to stop getting involved in his business?

Throughout the whole show, the segments about "power-voids" etc. From many various guys have the upcoming scene in 6CW an almost Game of Thrones vibe. There are alliances, references to people you wouldn't even expect making a power grab, and no hint from the new owners of who they are, or who they are putting in place to manage the company - just that they like Medicals!

There are so many amazing angles right now - after a period where everything was starting to feel a bit too Jones-centric, the whole place has just opened up with intrigue. Anyone could do anything right now!

I wouldn't rule out reading it a 3rd time that show was so good.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down