The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

+22
Stella
shivfan
Ent
Soldier_Of_Fortune
mystiroakey
guildfordbat
Dolphin Ziggler
TRUSSMAN66
Lumbering_Jack
TopoftheChops
Afro
TheCelticGarbutt
westisbest
Crimey
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Duty281
Fernando
NickisBHAFC
GSC
ncfc_Tooze
Good Golly I'm Olly
26 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 7 Empty The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

The place to discuss all things Norwich City, in the 2013-14 season.

Incomings;
Javier Garrido from Lazio - 1-1.5m
Ricky Van Wolfswinkel from Sporting Lisbon - 8.5m
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham - 2m rising to 3.2m
Carlo Nash from Stoke - Free
Martin Olsson from Blackburn - 2.5m
Leroy Fer from FC Twente - 4m
Gary Hooper from Celtic - 5.2m
Johan Elmander from Galatasary- Season Long Loan

Outgoings;
Will be done when I can be bothered
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 8:53 pm

Although saying that I wouldn't be adversed to Malky with Adams as assistant
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by GSC Sun 04 May 2014, 9:26 pm

Malkys in a court case with Tan I think
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 9:27 pm

GSC wrote:Malkys in a court case with Tan I think

Surely will be resolved by the summer tho?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 May 2014, 9:29 pm

These things have a tendency to drag on. Pearce waited until the summer also.

I'd give it to Adams tbh. Saw enough in him to keep then up. You need youth over proven prem failures in this league imo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 9:37 pm

GSC wrote:These things have a tendency to drag on. Pearce waited until the summer also.

I'd give it to Adams tbh. Saw enough in him to keep then up. You need youth over proven prem failures in this league imo

I'd agree with your last sentence, but we're going to need to bring in a few faces to help replace those who leave, especially up front

We'll see more of Rudd, Morris, McGeehan, Murphy's, Loza, Toffolo, Gaffiati next season, blood them see if they're upto it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 May 2014, 12:21 am

Olly wrote:(better than greeno)

steam 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 12:33 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Olly wrote:(better than greeno)

steam 

Vent your feelings sir, healthy discussion is what a forum is all aboot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 May 2014, 12:42 am

All I'll say is that they are both better than Foster

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 12:44 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:All I'll say is that they are both better than Foster
Well I know a certain WBA fan who won't agree with that but I do
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 7:04 pm

Got a little gossip regarding the manager situation I'll post soom
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 7:28 pm

Olly wrote:Got a little gossip regarding the manager situation I'll post soom
*soon

Anyways my mate and his family went on Sunday (they go every week, always make a weekend of it, they're loaded and stupid)

Well they stayed behind to get autographs and managed too grab a word with Delia and her hubby (hes often round for a chat after game when he has a fag)

His mum asked her why they didn't sack Hughton earlier and the response they got was that they would've sacked him earlier if they could have got a suitable candidate in, but nobody was available

To that they asked what about Malky (being available) and Delia said he isn't, but if he was they don't want him anyway as they see him as just another Hughton (tad harsh IMO)

Then asked about Adams and she said he's got as much chance as anyone else.

That's all I got
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 05 May 2014, 10:53 pm

Olly wrote:
Olly wrote:Got a little gossip regarding the manager situation I'll post soom
*soon

Anyways my mate and his family went on Sunday (they go every week, always make a weekend of it, they're loaded and stupid)

Well they stayed behind to get autographs and managed too grab a word with Delia and her hubby (hes often round for a chat after game when he has a fag)

His mum asked her why they didn't sack Hughton earlier and the response they got was that they would've sacked him earlier if they could have got a suitable candidate in, but nobody was available

To that they asked what about Malky (being available) and Delia said he isn't, but if he was they don't want him anyway as they see him as just another Hughton (tad harsh IMO)

Then asked about Adams and she said he's got as much chance as anyone else.

That's all I got

There's 20 seconds of my life ill never see again.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 May 2014, 12:20 am

Ive got news...there is no news

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 06 May 2014, 12:43 am

I think you lot should go for murray- I cant see us needing him any more in the PL- just too old- but still good enough for another quality season in the champs..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 May 2014, 1:00 am

I believe I said "gossip"

Murray would certainly fill the need for a target man, to hopefully compliment Hooper
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 12:30 pm

Season reviews for each player

Ruddy - Good but not as good as pre injury, one of the best this season
Bunn - Pointless
Nash - Player of the year

Martin - Not great, not really good enough for the Prem
Whittaker - Awful season, hopefully bounces back
Bassong - Not hit the heights of 2012, but alright. Not a captain in any way
Turner - Our best CB, shame he got injured. Hopefully retain him
Ryan Bennett - Down year, hasn't progressed as we hoped, needs first xi footie
Yobo - Solid loan signing
Olsson - Standout performer, great signing
Garrido - Hasn't played

Johnson - Not upto standard, been poor. Will be good in the Championship tho
Howson - Shame he got injured when he did, was the standout player before that. Crucial to hold onto him
Tettey - Reliable player, niggling injuries hurt him 
Fer - First half fantastic. Second half injured and uninterested. Could be so much better than he is

Hoolahan - Underused, good when played. Shame its gonna end the way it will
Snodgrass - Opposite of Fer, awful until January, fantastic afterwards. Shame to loose him
Elliot Bennett - Big miss through injury
Pilkington - Injured injured injured
Redmond - Inconsistent. Great potential
Murphy - Shone in his limited play time, as good a prospect as redderz

Hooper - Scored some goals, all round play has been shocking though and has looked overweight since Christmas
RVW - Tried his best and had no luck, but not been good. Needs confidence
Elmander - Done alright tbf for a loan
Becchio - Awful
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 12:32 pm

Also appears Hooper will be joining Snodgrass on the train to Celtic
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 07 May 2014, 2:42 pm

You'd think there will be a huge clear-out at Norwich. 

Leroy Fer will probably attract interest in Holland and might be on quite big wages. Olsson has had a good season and already left Blackburn so he didn't have to play in the Championship, clubs in the lower mid-table of Premier League will be interested. Wes Hoolahan seems unhappy, Aston Villa will probably be interested, would have thought he might stay with a different manager? I can't see Snodgrass staying, Celtic or even mid-table Premier League would be interested, same with Hooper despite his poor season. Van Wolfswinkel you would have thought will go, even though a season scoring goals in the Championship might be good for him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 07 May 2014, 3:50 pm

There won't be a huge clearout, we have no need to sell as well out of debt these days and all the players contracts have clauses that cut there wages to championship wages if (when) we go down, only ones I see leaving are those who have a year or less left on there contracts and hoolahan who has burnt his bridges with his outburst in January
No one will won't Rvw, he has been 9m of flop, if he does go it will be back abroad
Ollson was at Blackburn for a season in the championshp before he left so think we will have him atleast next season
Hooper needs to prove himself again, January will be earliest he goes
Ruddy, already said he's staying put as he wants to repay the faith the club have put in him, also who's going to want to spend the money to pay out his massive ammount of years left on his contract.
Most of the rest are championship quality at best anyway

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 4:37 pm

Yeah I can't see a huge clear out, they'll be no more than the usual ins and outs, considering we had a mass clear out last summer

Snoddy is gone as far as I'm concerned
Fer will probably leave abroad
Ruddy will only go if he can get first xi footie in a good Prem side
Hooper will stay, despite interest I feel
RVW is a lottery, I'm erring towards him going abroad but I could see him staying

Olsson will stay

Hoolahan, Pilkington are going whatever division we're in all probably

The rest probably only Bassong will go, club don't want him no more, he's an hughton bumboy who's apparently angry he got sacked

Leaves us with a core 15-20 or so and add into that the youth we've got coming through and some additions and we'll be fine
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 May 2014, 7:13 pm

Becchio will be gone, he appears too happy to moan on twitter.

To be honest, it depends what interest there is. If a decent side wants players they can probably get them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 07 May 2014, 7:16 pm

IF we go up, would love us to snap up Russell Martin, Elliot Bennett and Alex Tettey

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 May 2014, 8:42 pm

Aim high

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 May 2014, 8:47 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:IF we go up, would love us to snap up Russell Martin, Elliot Bennett and Alex Tettey

So you won't be signing them then  Whistle 

#UlloaToPalace

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 8:48 pm

Yea aim for the players of the worst side in the league, good idea
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 8:52 pm

Best game of the three year stay?

Probably the 2-1 win at Spurs in 2011/12. Incredible win

Or

The away draw with Arsenal 3-3, Steve Morison equaliser in the last five mins. Never in my life have I seen a more entertaining game of football, end to end all game. A pleasure to be in the away end
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 9:00 pm

Ooo Holtys header at Anfield too, but I was in Berlin when that happened so didn't experience it live
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 07 May 2014, 9:59 pm

I'm going to pick the dramatic 2-1 win over Everton at carrow road from last season, just amazing

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 07 May 2014, 10:05 pm

see you next season boys

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 May 2014, 8:38 pm

Thank god its over
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 11 May 2014, 9:45 pm

New manager will be announced within the next week

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 8:16 am

From the interview McNally has done sounds very much like it'll be Malky, bringing in Ian Moody as well...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 12 May 2014, 8:19 am

That'll help vs Cardiff
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 11:05 am

He certainly made a point about bringing in someone so the manager doesn't have sole responsibility for transfers as they let us down last year (a not so subtle dig at Hughton!)

At least we're moving quickly to get a new guy in
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 12 May 2014, 11:14 am

i heard lennon is favourite for the job

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 12 May 2014, 11:57 am

LOL great season lads

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 12 May 2014, 12:06 pm

Cant see Lennon leaving the cushiest job in football for the Championship
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 12:39 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:LOL great season lads

It's gonna be so great when we beat you with an Elliott Bennett last minute screamer  Cool 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 12:40 pm

Lebnon's been taking about pinching Hooper, it won't be him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Mon 12 May 2014, 2:58 pm

Great decision by Norwich to sack Hughton...it really worked a treat for them.
 thumbsup 
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 3:30 pm

shivfan wrote:Great decision by Norwich to sack Hughton...it really worked a treat for them.
 thumbsup 
Because it was going so so swimmingly with him in charge wasn't it...

Oh no wait we had the worst points per game record since December 2012 across the top five European leagues
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 12 May 2014, 3:48 pm

Could be worse. You could've been outside the p 5 leagues
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 3:51 pm

GSC wrote:Could be worse. You could've been outside the p 5 leagues
Well thanks (in large parts) to old Chrissy Hootun we are!

Anyways we've moved on, looking forward to seeing who to new manager will be
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 12 May 2014, 10:46 pm

Olly wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:LOL great season lads

It's gonna be so great when we beat you with an Elliott Bennett last minute screamer  Cool 

I would love it if he scores a screamer!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 12 May 2014, 10:49 pm

Olly wrote:Lebnon's been taking about pinching Hooper, it won't be him

This is a strange one, a few of our players are publicly calling for him to be re-signed, Kris Commons, Adam Matthews and Anthony Stokes have all mentioned it to the press/radio/tv stations - Lennon himself wouldn't comment on a move but still felt the need to talk him up.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't go above £3.5m so wouldn't see that move coming off, especially since I'm hearing Snodgrass for £3m+ is definitely on the cards

You're welcome to Lennon by the way Wink

I think Malky McKay has to be the shout for Canaries

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 May 2014, 11:20 am

Please moderators close this thread and bring the curtain down on this awful season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 May 2014, 11:52 am

It will be preserved as a mausoleum of your hopes and dreams.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7