The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

+31
TopoftheChops
Fernando
ShahenshahG
JamesLincs
Gregers
Marky
6oldenbhoy
dummy_half
NickisBHAFC
cherriesfna
Smirnoffpriest
Dave.
spencerclarke
westisbest
Ent
Josiah Maiestas
hampo17
Duty281
guildfordbat
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mat
Corporalhumblebucket
Amy
The genius of PBF
ncfc_Tooze
alanqlm
Kay Fabe
Kenny
GSC
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
35 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread Empty The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:48 am

Here is the place, to discuss all of Norwich's results this season, on our quest to reach that 40 point mark, and Premier League safety.

It starts on the 18th of August away to Fulham, and finishes away to Man City sometime in May
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Crimey Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

I am not sure if you'll make it this year, although obviously people said that the first year.

The problem is that it's been a lot more negative this year than positive, as you've lost your manager, the whole Holt-saga, and other teams won't underestimate you in the same way as they did last year.

You need all your players on fire to stay up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:49 am

Crimey wrote:I am not sure if you'll make it this year, although obviously people said that the first year.

The problem is that it's been a lot more negative this year than positive, as you've lost your manager, the whole Holt-saga, and other teams won't underestimate you in the same way as they did last year.

You need all your players on fire to stay up.

You say negativity, but for me there is a heck of a lot of positivity around the club at the moment. If the Holt-saga had gone the other way it would have been quite bad, but because we still have him there is a boost from that. I know from the outside it looks all negative, but what we have done is kept pretty much all our squad from last season, and added in a couple of players. Hopefully a couple more will come in as well.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

Fawaz AL Hasawi
Welcome to Daniel Ayala who has become our sixth signing of the summer, on a season-long loan from Norwich
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

That annoys me letting Ayala go on loan. Need to get in another CB, Ward and Barnett are not good enough, especially Ward
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:22 pm

Bit of subject but any idea what strength side you will putting out against Hull tonight ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

I should imagine it will be a decent side Kenny. But not for the whole game, maybe for 60 mins. I expect to see some youngsters at some point, we have another friendly on Saturday at home.

If I am totally honest I have no clue lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:30 pm

Cheers Olly , the wife is out tonight so was thinking of taking my lad thats all
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:31 pm

Yeah go have a look Kenny, should be a decent game. It will be a better side than we put out at MK Dons, and that was a half decent line up.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:34 pm

Think i will , Hull are supposedly putting out a near full strength side for some of the match so it will be interesting to see how Bruce sets them up against a good Prem team

Plus its only £15 for the both of us Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:36 pm

Give us a little report when you get back then Kenny if that's ok? I don't think there is a stream of it anywhere, and you can only learn so much from twitter updates lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:37 pm

Ok will do
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

Good lad thumbsup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

Just got back in .

Well it was a typical pre-season friendly with a Premier league side looking to build fitness and a Championship side seeing how they match up .
Not many scoring chances for either side in fact i dont think Ruddy had a proper save to make , your right back Bennett or Martin ? got forward well and linked up well down the wing . Turner looked good at the back comfortable on the ball and always making himself available before he went off . Holt looked unfit to be honest and only had one chance which he put over the bar . Hull will take more out of the game with the combination down the right of Rosenior and Aluko looking good as did the two centre halves Chester and Faye who marshalled Holt pretty well . Second half became disjointed for Norwich who made 7 subs in one go at about 65 -70 minutes i think Morrison looked lively when he came on . Few positives for both teams but it still is only a friendly .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:33 pm

Yeah Holt always looks unfit at the start of the season. He isn't exactly the hardest trainer lol.

Martin the RB would have been.

Sounds all good to me, sorry you had to see a 0-0 lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:38 pm

A goal or two would of been nice but eh ho .

Martin was probably your best player along with Turner . The one thing that could be a problem was your centre midfield who were mostly out worked by Mckenna .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

See central midfield is one of our strong areas. Howson and Johnson are a good pairing, although Fox is a miss as he is injured. As you said I think we still need that match sharpness, so hopefully this has helped us get there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:44 pm

Yes early doors , and like you say they work well together and should do well with Snodgrass aswell ( he got booed something rotten for some reason the others didn't )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

So on Saturday, the quest begins at Craven Cottage. Here come the canaries!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 14 Aug 2012, 4:41 pm

Good Luck ............... for all but 2 games anyway Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:58 pm

That was not a good start
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

Just seen this thread olly, not judging the team at all on yesterdays scoreline but I also can't see. Norwich getting either 40 points or staying up this year, I think the loss of Paul Lambert will hit harder than many may anticipate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 Aug 2012, 1:02 pm

To be fair Gaffer, yesterday was just on of those days where nothing went right. It was a disaster. What we got to do, is just take lessons from it, and move on. I believe Hughton is a good enough manager, and we will stay up. One result isn't going to waiver my confidence
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 19 Aug 2012, 10:11 pm

Quite right too neither it should, I wouldn't expect you or any Norwich fan to think the clubs doomed to relegation just after the first ball is kicked, from an outsiders prespective though I just see it that way, hope I'm wrong though, brilliant club in a great part of the World

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Aug 2012, 11:41 am

Right today we take on the might of QPR in a tussle to see whose defence is worse Wink

Seriously looking forward to seeing what we do today, hopefully we can pick up our first win of the campaign.

I predict a 2-1 win for Norwich and the starting XI to be:

------------------Ruddy---------------------
Martin - Bennett - Bassong - Garrido
Snodgrass - Howson - Johnson - Pilks
-----------------Hoolahan-------------------
----------------------Holt---------------------
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

It'd be good to see Norwich get a result today, If Paul Lambert was in charge this would be a home banker for me without him though I'm not so sure, would like to think Norwich can win 2-1, fancy QPR though 3-1

Good luck, hope you get a result

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

As a QPR fan I must admit the signing of Bassong and Garrido make me slightly less confident about todays game than I was at start of the season or even after last week.

2 very good signings in my opinion and now thinking it will probably be a score draw instead of a 3-1 win I was earlier prediciting.

Just praying that Bosingwa gets put on the left instead of Fabio who was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard last week.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Good luck today then alanqlm, obviously not too much Wink

I hope we show a bit more in attack today, we were pants at Fulham, so we can't get any worse. That performance was probably the worst I have seen since the Colchester 7-1 a couple years ago.

I can assure everyone that today will not be a 0-0 draw Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

Good performance from us against QPR, felt we deserved all 3 points, but we needed to bounce back with a good performance from last week, and we did.

Bassong looked good, Garrido looked solid, and Snodgrass was quality
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 26 Aug 2012, 11:57 pm

Think this might be seen as 2 points dropped for Norwich, looked like they played well

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Aug 2012, 11:59 pm

We did play well Gaffer, but I think the performance was needed more than the result, if you see what I mean. After the drubbing away to Fulham, we needed the boost of a good performance.

And we were screwed by the Ref as well. He was just rubbish in general, but that pen was ridiculous
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:05 am

Olly wrote:We did play well Gaffer, but I think the performance was needed more than the result, if you see what I mean. After the drubbing away to Fulham, we needed the boost of a good performance.

And we were screwed by the Ref as well. He was just rubbish in general, but that pen was ridiculous

It wasn't ridiculous at all, he clipped him and he went down. Bassong got nowhere near the ball. The challenge was ridiculous, stupid to lunge inside of the box.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

It was a very soft penalty you must agree surely Crimey?

It would have been ok, if he would have been consistent, but there were numerous other fouls inside the box by both sides, that were worse than that, that didn't get a penalty.

I just think in general Clattenburg wants to be the centre of attention. Seems to be very whistle happy, and it ruins the rhythm of the game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:32 pm

Now off to the city to get ready for the game tonight

I predict us to win 3-1 and for us to line up like this

Rudd
R.Martin,Bassong,Barnett,Garrido
Fox
Pilkington,Surman
Hoolahan
C.Martin,Morison

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

I'm not even going to try and predict what sort of side we will put out tonight, but I hope we are able to pick up the win, whoever we put out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

great showing last night against a more than up for it Scunthorpe.
Bitter sweet game for the king of spain getting his first goal in 4/5 seasons and then picking up an injury.

and my predicted team wasnt too far off

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

We were brilliant yesterday, really deserved the point and if not for freidel having a blinder, all three.

Snodgrass and Johnson the standouts for me, next game I would maybe swap Jacko for Morison otherwise keep it the same! Our defence is so much better now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

Garrido had a excellent game and I really hope we can keep him permantly. he has an excellent pass on him, cant think of one yesterday that missed his target. Bass and Barney also look top notch lined up together. Barney has improved alot and now looks very confident

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

Is it me or does Barnett look like he has lost a bit of weight this season? He looks a lot better, and apart from that lazy pass first half, he didn't put a foot wrong.

Holt looked better yesterday, roughed up there CB's well. Interesting to see this Kane kid, hopefully he will do well, young with a point to prove
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

think he dropped a bit of weight and added a bit more strength tbh olly

I just hope this result gives us a bit of confidence now and we can build on it

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:think he dropped a bit of weight and added a bit more strength tbh olly

I just hope this result gives us a bit of confidence now and we can build on it

That was more like the Norwich under Hughton will be like. Not as much flair going forward as Lambert's side, but a lot more solid at the back. If we can play like that against West Ham, we should get the win
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

Norwich just as I predicted last season as one season wonders will be back in the championship next year where they belong.

Grant Holt has been found out just like I have always said he is not good enough.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

and like last season we will all laugh at you again when you are proved wrong......Again

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Norwich just as I predicted last season as one season wonders will be back in the championship next year where they belong.

Grant Holt has been found out just like I have always said he is not good enough.

Why do they belong in the Championship?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:05 pm

FreekShow wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Norwich just as I predicted last season as one season wonders will be back in the championship next year where they belong.

Why do they belong in the Championship?

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Seriously would like to see the answer for this.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 16 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

One point at home to West Ham. I would say that the no score draw was better for Hammers than for Norwich....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 16 Sep 2012, 2:56 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:One point at home to West Ham. I would say that the no score draw was better for Hammers than for Norwich....

You would be correct. But the chances we created were encouraging and we played well. I bet when we don't play well we will win. Just seems to be how it goes lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:19 pm

Sundays Game too early for Whittaker
Bennett Back in Training
Butterfield playing U21 today and could feature against Donny

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC
#NCFC team to play @NUFCOfficial - Ruddy, R. Martin (c), Johnson, Bassong, Snodgrass, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan, Morison, Garrido, Barnett

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC
#NCFC subs - Bunn, Turner, Holt, Jackson, Pilkington, R. Bennett, Tettey

Fox, Harry Kane and Tierney dont even make the bench! We have some good depth in our squad now.

Glad to see Wes back in, and hope Morison will play well. Like the formation change, I think we have a good shot here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 24 Sep 2012, 4:49 pm

When does this start up Olly? Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next