The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

+22
Stella
shivfan
Ent
Soldier_Of_Fortune
mystiroakey
guildfordbat
Dolphin Ziggler
TRUSSMAN66
Lumbering_Jack
TopoftheChops
Afro
TheCelticGarbutt
westisbest
Crimey
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Duty281
Fernando
NickisBHAFC
GSC
ncfc_Tooze
Good Golly I'm Olly
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 6 Empty The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

The place to discuss all things Norwich City, in the 2013-14 season.

Incomings;
Javier Garrido from Lazio - 1-1.5m
Ricky Van Wolfswinkel from Sporting Lisbon - 8.5m
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham - 2m rising to 3.2m
Carlo Nash from Stoke - Free
Martin Olsson from Blackburn - 2.5m
Leroy Fer from FC Twente - 4m
Gary Hooper from Celtic - 5.2m
Johan Elmander from Galatasary- Season Long Loan

Outgoings;
Will be done when I can be bothered
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by GSC Sun 20 Apr 2014, 11:58 pm

Purely because he isn't Hughton and he's losing games by attacking
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:39 am

Or because he's had great success at youth level and showing early signs of positivity in his first senior job
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:23 am

I'll go with GSC on that point rather than you Olly, I won't expect to see Norwich in the Prem any time soon if they hire the youth coach.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Apr 2014, 5:34 am

Olly, I've heard that Celtic are in talks with Snodgrass and its as good as a done deal, Celtic enquired in January and while Norwich knocked them back, Snodgrass apparently said he wants to come back up the road, think Norwich asked him to stay put until the Summer, £3-3.5m is the roundabout figure I've heard.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Apr 2014, 8:45 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'll go with GSC on that point rather than you Olly, I won't expect to see Norwich in the Prem any time soon if they hire the youth coach.

Imagine if we'd not appointed Mike Walker because he was just a "youth coach"
Imagine if Watford hadn't taken a chance on Brendan Rodgers because he was just a "youth coach".
Imagine if Barcelona hadn't appointed Guardiola because he was just the coach of " B side"

And its not like he didn't do anything in his career, he won the premier league with Everton and was a very bright footballer.

If the choice is him or Lennon (who is what McNally wants) then I know who I'd rather have

Last edited by Olly on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Apr 2014, 8:47 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Olly, I've heard that Celtic are in talks with Snodgrass and its as good as a done deal, Celtic enquired in January and while Norwich knocked them back, Snodgrass apparently said he wants to come back up the road, think Norwich asked him to stay put until the Summer, £3-3.5m is the roundabout figure I've heard.

I wouldn't be shocked tbh KayFabe I know he's a huge Celtic fan and his family live up there (wife had that crash in Glasgow pre season)

If we go down I'd say its as good as done, if we stay up I'd like to think we can hold onto him seeming as he's one of our best players

Not sure how long he's got on his contract tho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

From what I heard hes got a year left on his contract come the Summer, I'm guessing that's why Celtic think they can afford him, regardless, I hope you dont go down, for what its worth, I go to every game home and away, with no Rangers to challenge us for the Title, I wouldn't be in a great rush to sign right now.

our Season is all about the Champions League qualifiers in July and August, that dictates if the first half of the season will be exciting or not, I suppose if he only has a year left tho' he might see this as his only chance in the near future to come back up the road

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Apr 2014, 6:22 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:From what I heard hes got a year left on his contract come the Summer, I'm guessing that's why Celtic think they can afford him, regardless,  I hope you dont go down, for what its worth, I go to every game home and away, with no Rangers to challenge us for the Title, I wouldn't be in a great rush to sign right now.

our Season is all about the Champions League qualifiers in July and August, that dictates if the first half of the season will be exciting or not, I suppose if he only has a year left tho' he might see this as his only chance in the near future to come back up the road

Would probably get a decent pay rise as well I'd imagine

Although if we go down I'd expect a few Prem teams to pursue him, he's been an effective inverted winger over two seasons now, scores goals and sets them up whilst having a good set piece on him as well. Very handy mid table player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:58 pm

Yeah I think he could stay in the Premiership if he wanted too, from what I heard tho' is he wants to come back up the road and play for Celtic.

He's turned into one of our best players for Scotland over the last two years, he was a good player with Leeds but Norwich have improved him a lot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm

Snodgrass is class, would be wasted in the Championship if Norwich go down that is.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:52 am

Zac Efron's backing a Norwich win this Saturday.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, Zac Efron doesn't ever do anything wrong, so I'm sure Norwich are in safe hands.  thumbsup 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:08 am

He did High School musical

3 times
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:13 am

Laugh

Terrific film(s). Can't knock him for that.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

Not if you had a younger sister obsessed with the movies
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:23 am

Cool dude is Zac

But will have to disagree and back Utd.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

Well I'm gonna pretend we're going down (well we are, but there's still a chance we survive)

Let's run through the squad, see who will stay/go etc

Ruddy - Has stated he wants to stay as long as the club want him here, but I feel the club will cash in in the summer
Bunn - Probably will compete with Rudd for the #1 GK spot
Rudd - Back from Preston and ready to take the gloves

Whittaker - Stay, nobody will want him surely!
Martin - Stay for sure, captain next season
Bassong - Deffo go
Yobo - Won't sign permanently
Turner - Probably stay, but contract is up
Bennett Ryan - Stay for sure
Olsson - Hopefully stay
Garrido - Probably gonna leave abroad

Tettey - Again probably will be sold, hoping he'll stay tho
Johnson - Hope he gets sold, unfortunately nobody will be stupid enough to take him
Fer - He's a goner
Howson - Signed a long term deal in December, praying he'll stay. Potential captain
Fox - sold
Wessi - Hopefully stay

Redmond - Stay
Snodgrass - Good as gone
Bennett Elliott - Stay fo sho
Pilks - Gone
Murphy's to play a big part next year

RVW - Hope he stays, but will go abroad
Hooper - Stays hopefully, will be prolific in the championship
Becchio - Please sell

Elmander and Guttierez can bugger off as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:15 pm

Olly, hope you keep Hooper and get the best out of him.

Absolutely fantastic striker you have there.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Olly, hope you keep Hooper and get the best out of him.

From what I've seen of him this season he needs a lot of work on his touch and ability to hold the ball up, but his goalscoring prowess cannot be denied

He'll get 20-25 at least in the Championship if he stays next season.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:19 pm

Olly wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:Olly, hope you keep Hooper and get the best out of him.

From what I've seen of him this season he needs a lot of work on his touch and ability to hold the ball up, but his goalscoring prowess cannot be denied

He'll get 20-25 at least in the Championship if he stays next season.

Agree to an extent about is all round game, but I feel he is a striker that you need to play to his strengths (goalscoring in and around the box) and you will reap the rewards. He was an animal in the SPL. Have him up top with Redmond and another wingers similar and you will score goals.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm

Elly Benny will be back next season, he'll be a big addition on the wing. Was sat amongst the away fans today, bloke clearly cares and we've missed him this year

A front four of Hooper up top, Howson behind with Redmond and Elly Benny on the wings will be good in the championship
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 27 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

Bennett is class, been a big miss for you guys this season.

Kinda want Norwich to stay up, but that Mr Winklechops at Sunderland seems like he is gonna keep them up.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Apr 2014, 1:32 am

Hooper's touch can be outstanding at times, the amount of times I saw him take a Worldy of a touch is unreal, his link up improved vastly year on year at Celtic but when he was going through a bad patch (not often) then he could be worse than a man short at times.

Also Olly, on that Sondgrass rumour I mentioned last week, he's in Tomorrow's paper urging Lennon to stay at Celtic,  strange considering Lennon himself has been linked with Norwich, it looks like the biggest public come and get me yet from him

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/norwich-s-snodgrass-urges-lennon-to-stay-at-celtic-1-3393340?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 30 Apr 2014, 8:26 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Hooper's touch can be outstanding at times, the amount of times I saw him take a Worldy of a touch is unreal, his link up improved vastly year on year at Celtic but when he was going through a bad patch (not often) then he could be worse than a man short at times.

Also Olly, on that Sondgrass rumour I mentioned last week, he's in Tomorrow's paper urging Lennon to stay at Celtic,  strange considering Lennon himself has been linked with Norwich, it looks like the biggest public come and get me yet from him

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/norwich-s-snodgrass-urges-lennon-to-stay-at-celtic-1-3393340?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Well considering he's been low on confidence like all our strikers that'll probably explain why his touch has been poor to me!

Yeah that's a strange article and things for Snodgrass to say, he's almost certainly off and I can't begrudge him for it. Also really the club should've tied him down to a long term contract him the summer, criminal that he'll only have a year left on his deal in the summer
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

I think after his mrs was involved in that bad car accident last year it made his mind up that he wanted to come home, maybe that had something to do with no talks over a new contract

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 30 Apr 2014, 11:54 am

Yeah that was bad certainly effected his form in the early season I think

Club will want to cash in anyways
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm

Same scenario as we faced last Summer with Hooper, we wanted to hold onto him but with a year to go it made no sense to hold onto him even though it weakened our team significantly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 01 May 2014, 7:52 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Same scenario as we faced last Summer with Hooper, we wanted to hold onto him but with a year to go it made no sense to hold onto him even though it weakened our team significantly

Yeah totally agree, but such is football. Hopefully we can hold onto Hooper anyways as I've said, and I'd like to give RVW another shot next year

In other news Norwich fans seem to think its hilarious to vote for Carlo Nash to be player of the season. I myself find it tinpot, pathetic and quite frankly childish
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu 01 May 2014, 10:25 am

I've heard of man of the match going to non playing substitutes before but never season awards.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 01 May 2014, 10:36 am

One Carlo Nash, there's only one Carlo Nash

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 01 May 2014, 11:04 am

Its just pathetically sad

Not only are you sullying the name of the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy, and making a mockery of Nash, what will the players who have done well like Olsson who's played through injury all season as well, that there effort is just unrecognised cos a few douchebags decided to try and be funny

I f*ckin hate Norwich fans sometimes, so goddamn retarded
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 01 May 2014, 11:05 am

vote for Nash, what a hero, hes hasnt put a foot wrong for them all season to be fair to him
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 01 May 2014, 11:53 am

ipswich fans have hijacked the eastern daily press vote by voting for RvW

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 01 May 2014, 11:57 am

TopoftheChops wrote:ipswich fans have hijacked the eastern daily press vote by voting for RvW

But still good to see we're not the saddest fans in east Anglia at least
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 01 May 2014, 12:02 pm

No you are Olly i mean really Carlo Nash that's like me voting Miyachi as POTY for Arsenal.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 01 May 2014, 3:44 pm

hahahaha that's brilliant! #VoteCarloNash

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 02 May 2014, 2:43 pm

And now, the end is near.

180 minutes of the premier league season remains.

We need at least 4 points from two games. Its an The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 6 356579839_impossibru_meme_sgb_answer_2_xlargetask

Can the miracle happen?

The official "Norwich City to 49 points and a 10th place finish" Thread - Page 6 3951379
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 6:04 pm

A little bit of pride restored today

A team out there that won't be too different to what we'll see in the Championship (barring being more attack minded of course) bodes well for next season

If we can hold onto a good core that is, praying we keep big John
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 6:18 pm

Probably our best best away performance of the season also tbf, or joint with Stoke away
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 04 May 2014, 6:30 pm

You're not relegated yet, you know.

Believe?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 May 2014, 6:32 pm

Probably too little too late but a good result for Nodge nonetheless.

Sunderland couldn't have asked for 2 easier games to finish on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 6:34 pm

Yeah can't see Sunderland failing to pick up a point from there final two games tbh duty
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun 04 May 2014, 6:36 pm

Olly wrote:Probably our best best away performance of the season also tbf, or joint with Stoke away

The Fulham game really was the one that HAD to be won. Not beyond the realms of possibility that Sunderland lose at home to WBA.

Would love to see it go to last day.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 6:45 pm

Its not beyond the realms no, but its a highly unlikely scenario that keeps us afloat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 May 2014, 7:54 pm

All things considered it'd likely be the greatest of great escapes. Imagine Mel and Poyet might set out 2 very defensive sides and take the point that keeps both up. And thats before you consider the odds of Norwich winning at the Emirates
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 04 May 2014, 7:59 pm

Isn't the match at Carrow Road?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 May 2014, 8:01 pm

Yeah it is Nick.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 May 2014, 8:10 pm

*slightly better odds
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 04 May 2014, 8:13 pm

Norwich can win that one tbf. If Gus chokes like he did in the play offs and if Oatway decides to dump in the away dressing room, then you never know.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 8:16 pm

Hopefully we'll still have something to play for but really unlikely

Use it as a game to blood some youth guys if not, get a Murphy out there

Hopefully won't be the last time we see John Ruddy in a Norwich shirt. Love that man, best GK I've seen in my time at carrow road (better than greeno)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 8:32 pm

Also heard that the board have offered Adams the role permanently

I'd be supportive of this, yet slightly apprehensive. Think he's shown he's more than up to it tactically, and has barring a poor second half at Utd got good performances.

I'd be worried about him in the transfer market though, especially as in all likelihood we'll be needing 5-8 players in the summer 

If the board viewed him as a future manager its understandable they'll offer him the role. Would rather him than a Malky/Lennon tbh, but would prefer (if we could) a Rosler or Howe type
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next