The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best 3 Man Heel Faction

+13
Marsh
Marky
Kid Vicious
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
Bull
Statto00
Enforcer
Mr Video Man
Dolphin Ziggler
Gregers
NickisBHAFC
Shot 21 LCFC
17 posters

Go down

Best 3 Man Heel Faction

Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_lcap28%Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 11 ]
Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_lcap28%Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 11 ]
Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_lcap44%Best 3 Man Heel Faction Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 39

Best 3 Man Heel Faction Empty Best 3 Man Heel Faction

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 18 Jul 2013, 8:31 pm

Pretty simple really. WWE currently have 3 heel factions consisting of 3 members each. Which one do you prefer?:

The Wyatt Family - Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan

3MB - Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal

The Shield - Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Best 3 Man Heel Faction Empty Re: Best 3 Man Heel Faction

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:05 pm

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD warning

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

Went for the wyatts based on their nxt work

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:10 pm

Cant believe people are actually voting for the Wyatts on the back of training ground work and a couple appearances on the big stage

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

Wyatt family....they have more of a character about them with the lantern and the guy with the lamb mask as opposed to the shield who just wear vests and enter through the crowd and deliver justice. as for 3mb well they are just rockstar jobbers.

before nickisBHAFC says it, yes I do still believe in the shield just not as much as I did before.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:37 pm

The OP asked which group I prefer. Right now I prefer the Wyatts as a group as they seem to have a purpose and engage me when they are on screen.

The Shield as a group have been floundering for a couple of months meaning my interest in them has dropped.

If it wasn't for NXT perhaps I wouldn't prefer the Wyatts, but on the main roster they are the group I prefer.

BTW, noce to see Demon has voted!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

When they do something I'll give them the time of day, but as of yet...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 19 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

Over the last month you could say the same for The Sheild...well apart from Ambrose botching his attempt to skin the cat on the ladder.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

I'm assuming ED (or whatever he's called at the moment) is the one who voted for 3MB?

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

They all suck, The Legacy was better

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

Enforcer wrote:Over the last month you could say the same for The Sheild...well apart from Ambrose botching his attempt to skin the cat on the ladder.

Well, at the last PPV the pre-show match was brilliant and Ambrose was decent in the ladder match. 

At the last PPV someone may or may not have said "Wyatt" at one point

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

And the OP didn't say which people prefer right now, just prefer. But basing it on the last months work?
Well on that basis I prefer Fandango over HBK, Bret Hart, Taker, Stone Cold as in the last month they've been rubbish.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

Bull wrote:They all suck, The Legacy was better

You're entitled to your opinion, but I can't believe that, the Legacy were an awful faction and their run on top coincided with what was probably the worst period in wrestling in recent memory, if not ever.

The Shield for me, they may have wound down a bit in recent months, but they're still feature, wrestling and talking well, I've said it before, I'd rather see them bobbing along as solid champions rather than being rushed into top level feuds that they can't win or what I call 'Ryback-itis'.

They are the closest thing I can remember to the Fabulous Freebirds, 3 men who's strengths are excentuated to make a greater whole, they rarely if ever have bad matches and all 3 guys look like they could have a real future in WWE.

The Wyatts are great, they've really used the bigger stage Raw provides that to enhance their gimmick, with the spooky lighting and lantern. But as a whole I think they are much weaker than the Shield, Wyatt himself is fantastic but can anyone genuinly see a shelf life for Harper and Rowan beyond what they are doing right now? I can't well nothing career defining anyway, they may get kept around as they're massive and Rowan is apparently quite talented (I was aware of but didn't watch much of Brodie on the independent scene).

I like 3MB, all of them are good in the role they have been given, funny and giving 100% to the gimmick, Slater as ED has pointed out could probably do a bit more but I don't see much beyond that.

Sheild>Wyatts>3MB>J.O.B Sqaud>Oddities>Legacy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

Well said Dr G
clap 

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:54 pm

i dont agree, i thought Legacy where a very good group and was intrigued by them completely, not to say also it was Orton at his best since the legend killer/Rated RKO days.

i dont watch much of the stuff now, Wyatt fam have just debuted thats about it, Shield they where good but i dont care bout them anymore and finally 3MB are just awful

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:55 pm

Hero wrote:And the OP didn't say which people prefer right now, just prefer. But basing it on the last months work?
Well on that basis I prefer Fandango over HBK, Bret Hart, Taker, Stone Cold as in the last month they've been rubbish.

I knew backup would arrive eventually, I put out the DeanSignal

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:40 pm

I voted 3MB. To all who voted Shield/Wyatts, don't be a Slater Hater and don't Hinder Jinder.

Being honest, the Shield have been excellent since debut, and the Wyatt Family will be very good once established, but 3MB constantly make me laugh and keep me entertained whenever they are on air. Isn't that what's expected from Sports Entertainment?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

Lets not be Slater haters

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:08 am

The one reservation I have about The Shield is that I'm still not sure what their actual mission statement is. They've been around for 8 months now and, other than all the justice stuff they talked about in the beginning, there doesn't seem to be much reason for why they do what they do. There's not really any clear indication of what their characters stand for.

It isn't a problem at the moment because they are champions, so their motivation at the moment is simply 'retain the titles', but I think they need more layers. They need to have a reason for feuding with the people they feud with.

The Wyatt family has already established more of a raison d'etre than The Shield in its two appearances on Raw.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 20 Jul 2013, 6:37 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Cant believe people are actually voting for the Wyatts on the back of training ground work and a couple appearances on the big stage

You don't have to watch The Wyatt's for that long to know they're something special...the promo's Wyatt gives are something special and as people have said about the Shield...while I still like them they seem to have lost direction slightly, it's a close call but I voted for The Wyatt's based on the fact that The Shield never excited me as much as they do and that's saying something because I love the Shield.

Since coming up to the main roster Wyatt has really stepped up his game promo wise as well.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 20 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

xviperx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Cant believe people are actually voting for the Wyatts on the back of training ground work and a couple appearances on the big stage

You don't have to watch The Wyatt's for that long to know they're something special...the promo's Wyatt gives are something special and as people have said about the Shield...while I still like them they seem to have lost direction slightly, it's a close call but I voted for The Wyatt's based on the fact that The Shield never excited me as much as they do and that's saying something because I love the Shield.

Since coming up to the main roster Wyatt has really stepped up his game promo wise as well.

They are living on potential. The Shield are in their weakest moment so far and still putting on amazing matches. The Wyatts havent delivered anything on the main show as of yet, clearly wont be as capable in the ring and I dont think Wyatt promos better than Ambrose. 

I will wait for them to do something before I am particularly impressed, the hype is just that so far.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:09 pm

You can say that you'll wait for them to do something on the main show but saying they're just hype is a bit silly considering they've been around with this exact gimmick for a long time now during NXT to a high standard...his promos on NXT have been amazing and he's stepped his game up since the step up.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 20 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

But its not the main show, its a completely different environment for me. Its a protected training ground, whereas The Shield have done big things and the Wyatt's have done nothing

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:21 pm

The Wyatt's are definitely a hype job thus far. Call me old school but I tend to want to see some real ring work before making a real assessment. The promo's will eventually tire.

From an in-ring perspective the Shield have been flawless. Be interesting to see how Husky Harris and the other two fare.

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:40 pm

Hang on now, the shield flawless???? Come of it they have been booked well and some decent matches etc but flawless come off it.
There are lots who have bought into it the shield but not I. They are good but people need to get off the shield are the greatest faction ever wagon. They have been around 5 mins.
There are two mentioned earlier the freebirds and legacy. And not to be funny but they were better than the shield. Legacy not by much but the freebirds are far above the shield. Hell I'll throw in the brood as being a better 3 man faction.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:46 pm

Who is saying The Shied are the greatest ever fraction here?

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:53 pm

FreekShow wrote:The Wyatt's are definitely a hype job thus far. Call me old school but I tend to want to see some real ring work before making a real assessment. The promo's will eventually tire.

From an in-ring perspective the Shield have been flawless. Be interesting to see how Husky Harris and the other two fare.

Shield made their debut in November of 2012...the Bray Wyatt gimmick made it's debut in April 2012...this is why I take exception to people claiming that everyone liking him is playing on the hype of his Raw appearances. You can say his work on NXT doesn't count but that's like saying wrestler's past work doesn't count in their indie days.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:56 pm

I wouldn't go as far to say the Wyatt's are a hype job, what they've done, limited as it is, has been done well and they have a good track record in NXT.

But the people who are saying they are more fresh and exciting than the Shield concern me, obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but of course they are fresher, they have only been around for 2 weeks, where as the Shield have been around 9 months, which in todays 5 hours a week of fast pace TV, is aeons. And yet, the Shield are still one of the highlights of Raw and Smackdown, great matches week after week, it was less than 2 months ago that there match with Hell No and Orton was a contender for TV match of the year.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:58 pm

The thing is, The Shield is just an act in an ensemble cast; they aren't being relied on to sell tickets like the Freebirds were.

They are very talented in the ring, and Ambrose is exceptional on the mic - he is as good a talker as anyone in the industry. But he's not had the material to make much of a difference in WWE yet - there hasn't been a lot of character development with them. They're still pretty one-dimensional. I don't feel like I know them any better than when they debuted.

The only apparent motivation they've ever had was 'justice', but what did that mean exactly? What was the specific injustice they were aiming to put right?

That's all fine as long as WWE intends at some point to take the faction to the next level as characters, and continue to develop the act (and it should be at least two years before any of them break off as babyfaces). I'm just saying it hasn't happened much to date.

I think they are immensely talented and it's a great act superficially, but it hasn't really developed yet, and in that sense I think it's fair to compare them to the Wyatts.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:03 am

crippledtart wrote:The thing is, The Shield is just an act in an ensemble cast; they aren't being relied on to sell tickets like the Freebirds were.

They are very talented in the ring, and Ambrose is exceptional on the mic - he is as good a talker as anyone in the industry. But he's not had the material to make much of a difference in WWE yet - there hasn't been a lot of character development with them. They're still pretty one-dimensional. I don't feel like I know them any better than when they debuted.

The only apparent motivation they've ever had was 'justice', but what did that mean exactly? What was the specific injustice they were aiming to put right?

That's all fine as long as WWE intends at some point to take the faction to the next level as characters, and continue to develop the act (and it should be at least two years before any of them break off as babyfaces). I'm just saying it hasn't happened much to date.

I think they are immensely talented and it's a great act superficially, but it hasn't really developed yet, and in that sense I think it's fair to compare them to the Wyatts.

I've got to agree with you, they do seem to lack logic at the moment, even if it is their own superficial twisted brand of logic.

Personally I think they'd be better off going down the hired mercenary route, maybe sitting in the back smoking cigars and playing cards, yeh that'd be cool.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:54 am

Cant argue with the booking problem. A wild Mark Henry appears, lets take him down. Yet the fighters of injustice came down to the ring and didnt even threaten the McMahons. The problem lately has been a lack of mic time.

Again, I wont judge the Wyatts till they have to face the same problems as The Shield, the same amount of time in the same position and actually some in ring performances too. I look at NXT to Raw as a bit like training performaces to a Premier League start. NXT is a breeding ground where talents are protected, Raw is the real world and a new start. Getting over on NXT is completely different.

Like House says, theres a level of longevity (and I think the fact I am happy to use that word about a still new group shows how quickly things move in modern WWE) but The Shield have kept themselves over, and also deserve credit for how they took the mantle of number one heels when Punk was away, a time where we could have cried desperately for his return but they covered it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

The Shield are most definitely the best of the factions. They have been unbelievable since their debut in November and for me its still the most exciting bit of RAW of Smackdown! when they arrive. They have lacked a little direction recently, however I think it will feel like that when they have already feuded and beaten the top stars. Their matches are cracking and their teamwork is flawless; with having three very different individuals in the group it works nicely. More promo time would be great, however they have been doing a lot of it on the app - I watched them explain why they attacked Henry and previously Christian - again, more than excellent work by Ambrose. Not too happy about they being involved with Henry as he has only done two things that I have found entertaining in his whole career but we will see.

The Wyatt Family on the other hand are interesting but they don't excite me. I enjoy listening to Bray Wyatt but don't enjoy the matches I have seen thus far. I cannot see the other two (names?) being successful on their own, I am guessing them will just provide back up, kinda like the SES did. It will be interesting to see where they go but I don't think they can be considered anywhere near The Shield's level yet.

3MB? The less said the better really - there are just jobbers.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down