The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal

+11
crippledtart
save.us_SouravGanguly
JoshSansom
Holymiky
User Name
AberdeenSteve
Kay Fabe
Mr H
Crimey
davidl1061
Kenny
15 posters

Go down

WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal  Empty WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

I would love WWE to use William Regal more he is wasted at the moment , id like to see him come back as a heel manager and for him to recruit Wade Barrett to join his stable (they could call it Regals Kingdom) once Wade was on board he could then recruit Drew Mcintyre , Sheamus and Mason Ryan getting them to join by pointing out how WWEis keeping the british talent down and how with him to guide them they could rule WWE , Finlay could be an enforcer and once eveyone was in they could be Regals United Kingdom . Nexus and now the defunct Corre were not believeable super groups but the 4 UK wrestlers with Regal as the voice peice would be .javascript:emoticonp('king')
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal  Empty Re: WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal

Post by davidl1061 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

Nice concept but Finlay wouldnt work as an enforcer for 3 wrestlers who are all bigger than him!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal  Empty Re: WWE should put the UK wrestlers together as a super heel faction managed by Regal

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

It's one thing fans have wanted for a long time, I think it's possible it could work.

However, I wouldn't want WWE to try and do it, I think they've shown with Nexus and Corre that they are dreadful at booking stables, they end up making all the guys look weak and I don't think anybody has come out of either Nexus or Corre looking better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

I've wanted to see a British stable for ages.

I'd have Barrett (HHH) as the leader though, with Regal (Flair), McIntyre (Orton) and Ryan (Batista).

I would call them Britannia.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

davidl1061 wrote:Nice concept but Finlay wouldnt work as an enforcer for 3 wrestlers who are all bigger than him!
Finlay maybe smaller then them but he is one of the real hard men in the locker room .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:It's one thing fans have wanted for a long time, I think it's possible it could work.

However, I wouldn't want WWE to try and do it, I think they've shown with Nexus and Corre that they are dreadful at booking stables, they end up making all the guys look weak and I don't think anybody has come out of either Nexus or Corre looking better.

I agree totally that Corre and Nexus have been dreadfull , but with Trip now having more and more influence and with him being in the last top stable maybe he could have a say . I do think if it were to ever happen that the 4 uk stars would be a far superior group then either of the corre or nexus groups.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

I think they'd get completely buried though, especially as you're marketing the fact that they're British, WWE won't be able to hold themselves and they'll just have an American Super Group bury them.

It's like with the Nexus, rather than spend time building them up they pulled the trigger on the old guard of superstars fighting back, and then after that they could never pull them back together again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

Yeh your probably right WWE does get its USA hat on when it looks like other countries wrestlers are getting over a bit to much , though i do like the fact Vince is signing more non US wrestlers these days not sure he would ever build any of them up to Cena Orton status though.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Finlay isn't with the WWE anymore and Sheamus definitely isn't British

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:30 pm

It would probably be very similar to the storyline that they had with the Canadian thing with the team of Christian, Storm and Test. They were strong for a bit and then Kane, Booker T and Goldust beat them.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

I know Finlay was sacked in march but people get rehired and sacked like theres no tomorrow in the wrestling business , Sheamus is from the Republic of Ireland i know , but i just ment for storyline purposes .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

Sheamus isnt British.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

The Boogeyman wasn't really a monster.
The Undertaker isn't really dead.
Roddy Piper wasn't really Scottish.

Why does it matter?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:33 pm

User Name wrote:Sheamus isnt British.

That is very true but i think he could work because Ireland is still near and from this part of the world so to speak. There wouldn't be much wrong with him being in there surely? He looks like a credible tough guy and i believe he would suit the stable.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

Having Sheamus front a British stable would be like Orton fronting a Canadian stable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:42 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:The Boogeyman wasn't really a monster.
The Undertaker isn't really dead.
Roddy Piper wasn't really Scottish.

Why does it matter?
well Bongeyman's gimmick WAS a monster
Undertaker's gimmick WAS being dead
Piper's gimmick WAS being Scottish

So if Sheamus' gimmick was being a Brit then it wouldn't matter but its not, thats the basic and obvious difference.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:00 pm

But what would the difference be with his gimmick if he was from RoI or Northern Ireland?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:10 pm

Do you really need that explaned? It'd be like having Cena front a Canadian stable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:19 pm

I'm just thinking of Finlay though, who I think is from Northern Ireland? But his gimmick is no different to Sheamus'.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:32 pm

Could alway get around that by describing it as the British Isles instead of UK... that way Eire is a legitimate part of it without creating militant disorder in parts of Ireland.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by save.us_SouravGanguly Thu 09 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

Finally joined from the bbc 606 Very Happy

faction idea seems like a good idea but I think Sheamus would fair better on his own because I personally think he can be champion again on either show

save.us_SouravGanguly

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

1. How much do you think the rest of the world wants to see a British stable? It might be ok for the midcard but there just wouldn't be enough interest outside the UK for them to be pushed seriously.

2. Wade Barrett and Sheamus should not need a faction to be stars. They can be serious main eventers in their own right if pushed properly.

3. Many of the very people this would appeal to, ie people from the UK and Ireland, would probably be more preoccupied by the geographical and political ignorance of describing Sheamus as British.

I think Regal and Barrett would actually make a great combination; Regal as an old fashioned manager could really enhance Barrett on the mic and in the ring in a similar way to the Bobby Heenan-Nick Bockwinkel combination. But I think it's lazy to just throw anyone who is British or Irish together in a faction, the same way it would be lazy to throw all the black wrestlers or all the blonde wrestlers together. Who is to say these wrestlers would compliment each other, in the ring, on the mic, or just with their look? I think you could say that for Barrett and Regal, but I'm not sure Sheamus and Finley, or Barrett and MacIntyre, or Sheamus and Regal, would have the same chemistry.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

Sheamus & McIntyre certainly have chemistry (noticed you didn't mention these as an example, presume for that reason), they've been rival and tag partners for years back through the indys.

Yes it could be regarded as lazy booking, but it's not like the WWE to have ever done that before!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

Hero wrote:Sheamus & McIntyre certainly have chemistry (noticed you didn't mention these as an example, presume for that reason), they've been rival and tag partners for years back through the indys.

Yes it could be regarded as lazy booking, but it's not like the WWE to have ever done that before!

Yeah, they have previous and you can tell.

I wouldn't be stunned if WWE put the British and Irish wrestlers together - like you said they are not strangers to lazy booking - but I don't think the group would get very far if its entire existence was based on nationality, especially when those nationalities are themselves so diverse! Why does Wade Barrett care if Drew MacIntre is making Scotland proud? Why would Sheamus be interested in representing the royal family?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

JoshSansom wrote:Could alway get around that by describing it as the British Isles instead of UK... that way Eire is a legitimate part of it without creating militant disorder in parts of Ireland.

Again a British concept. The British and Irish Isles would be better, though a bit much for Americans to understand I reckon.

Why not just call them, British Invasion, or has that been done before?

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:20 pm

Mort wrote:Why not just call them, British Invasion, or has that been done before?

Only in second rate promotions....

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 10 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

I think one person who doesn't need anyone to speak for him is Wade Barrett. I think he's excellent on the mic.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

Hope now hes lost IC belt Barrett now gets the push to World title he deserves , good in ring good on the mic .
But would still love to see Regal with him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

I don't think he needs Regal with him though to be honest. Regal can't offer him anything he hasn't got already.

I hope Barrett gets pushed as well, but I'm worried he may have lost all the momentum he ever had. He has the skills to get to the top, it's whether people can genuinly get behind him as a real threat after he has been consistently buried for the past year or so.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

I agree he does not need Regal , id just love to see them bounce off each other .
Push should happen like you say he has all the tools , the fact he isnt the American star imo the only thing stopping it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

I think that Barrett could be a good heel though would probably get pigeonholed into the "clever, suspicious foreigner" role unfortunately.

I would also echo the idea about where he goes from here. Comparing him to The Miz, Miz can afford to get his bum kicked without it affecting his reputation whereas defeats will weigh far heavier on a character like Barrett's like they did on Sheamus when he seemed to go from strong heel to weasel heel.

If the current storylines continue as they have then Sheamus could turn face and maybe that would be an opening for Barrett to replace him in the SD main event scene though it could just as easily go to Mark Henry at the moment... people don't get victories over Randy Orton unless they are going to do something.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:18 pm

But thats WWE all over, push the completley USELESS Mark Henry and under use talent like Barrett and Sheamus .
I seriously think WWE dont want a truely over non American wrestler , they want them to get to a certain level but then drop them down again , they will do the same with Del Rio .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

I don't think his nationality has anything to do with it to be honest, I don't think there is any evidence to suggest there is. Especially as is nationality is very rarely played upon. I think the thing that will hold him back is that he will always be associated with Nexus and the Corre which were both booked awfully.

WWE are TRYING to push Mexican stars like Del Rio and Sin Cara because Rey Mysterio is set to retire but they want to keep the high viewing figures from Mexico.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:07 pm

He will never shake off the Corre that really was a low point , i just think he is better then a typical foriegner role .

yes Rey is retirying and WWE wants the mexican market but really really not a fan of Del Rio .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

Yeah, but he's not even playing the typical foreigner role at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

No not yet but with no push thats the route hes destined for .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

TNA have just done the British Invasion thing, to do it so soon after TNA would look bad for WWE.
Besides having British wrestlers as heels doesnt really work well in America.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

The British invasion in TNA was done ok but they were hardly a super group , were as these could be . Dont think WWE would consider it if im honest .
All 4 though imo should have bright futures . And please please please bring back Regal the best wrestler never to win a world title !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down