The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff

+9
MIG
Adam D
NickisBHAFC
x12x
MetalMotty
Holymiky
VDT
Enforcer
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 10 Jul 2013, 10:48 pm

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff Sheep10

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/07/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-10th-july.html

Well hello there and welcome to another edition of the V2 Wrestling Podcast!

This week have have a show packed full of opinions, stories, facts and nonsense. That's right, three new features! 

We start with Hero's headlines, providing our listeners with the going rate for a snuggle, a low key apology, the fee Randy Orton should have paid for an engagement ring and a mention for Matt Morgan.

TNA then kicks off and the team, well, I am going to shock you here, but the team enjoyed Impact Wrestling this past week. We're all feeling a bit manic. Aries, Sabin, Magnus and Bully Ray are all given a good deal of focused attention as we predict the future and analyse the present.

Then we move on in Part Two to WWE. This week it was all about family. The McMahons were groundbreaking in stupidity, until Brad Maddox was announced as GM in the smartest move ever made on live TV, and then they arrived. "They", of course, are the Wyatt family, making their highly anticipated debut on the main WWE roster. 

We talk about the impact they made and what they may do next, the men who could be involved with them and what we think of the gimmick and this move by the WWE.

There is also a chance to discuss the upcoming PPV, with Money In The Bank this Sunday night.

Finally, we continued our look into the legacy of former names in the business. Our focus this week was Eric Bischoff as we criticised the wrongs and praised the rights of his career.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff 9153043_orig
Why not look for us on a whole host of internet avenues:

Twitter - @v2journal
Facebook - Search for the V2Journal 
Podamatic - Subscribe so you never miss a show http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff

Post by Enforcer Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:44 am

Direct link to the Journal Article here

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast 10th July - Aries, Sabin and the BFG Series, WWE Mitb Preview and The Wyatts, The Career of Bischoff

Post by VDT Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

You ended the show sensibly, don't know if i like it Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

The voice I put on was too much for them, likely to now become my presenters voice

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:40 pm

The creepy voice that Chris used to say 'This is the end of Part One' was the voice he started to introduce the podcast with on his first take! We were too creeped out for that to continue.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

Listeners with iPhones should download the podcasts app from the App Store and then you can subscribe to the V2 Wrestling feed and get updates without even realising!

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:57 pm

I love Gav's rants they are hilarious.

Amazing podcast guys, amazing work OK

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:14 pm

Cracking show fellas
Keep up the good work :-)

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:06 am

How can someone NOT like Shane McMahon!? Coast to coast...that entrance theme and his last man standing match against Kurt Angle!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:04 am

I think following this week's podcast Gavin no longer deserves the monicker 'The Brain' as he obviously has no understanding of wrestling! Suggestions on a postcard for his new name please?

My pick btw would be Simba following Chris' touching comparison of the boy wonder to the Lion King.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Fantastic podcast lads OK 

Furious and completely disagree with Gav's point about Shane McMahon.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

I actually liked Shane but agree with all the points that Gavin made.

Overall, I think he had a negative impact on wrestling because of it and was a pure vanity project for the McMahons.

There is no way someone who isnt trained as a wrestler should be beating a "pro" wrestler, no matter where they are on the card.

If its a hardcore match, then you can understand it but Shane was beating people in straight forward matches and made the grafters look bad in comparison.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:30 pm

I don't really think that Shane had too much of an impact on wrestling, he didn't for me anyway...I look back on the matches and yeah they have some cool moments but I never thought badly for a second against Kurt Angle for not being able to put him away quickly...to me it was entertaining and that's what wrestling is all about.

If we went on what could be realistic then it wouldn't be fun because in matches like Brock Lesnar vs Punk, you'd obviously go for the UFC Champion who is built like a brick sh*thouse.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

Gavin would be happy with that Viper, he doesnt want wrestling to be "fun" or "enjoyable", he wants it to be completely logical in every aspect at all times. 

"Which way did he go?"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

He would most probably compare it to Eastenders. It'd be like some no mark coming off the street and being a match for Phil Mitchell. Its just unrealistic and wouldn't happen!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:39 pm

I hate you all.

I just thought Shane was a rich boy playing wrestling, doing all the stuff that looked fun and didn't take much actual skill or training. And he was always pushed in that horribly self-indulgent way the McMahons are pushed, like they are the toughest people in the world, even though he clearly wasn't in great shape and looked like he worked in a mobile phone shop.

Take away the wild bumps - which anyone could do if they had six months for their body to recover - and you're left with someone who would never have cut it in a million years if his last name wasn't McMahon.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

If you can do coast to coast I'll give you a tenner!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:55 pm

Ive always been a fan of Shane O'Mac.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

Shane was a bit of a spot monkey who made you smile, no complains here!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:06 pm

I'll say it again. He wouldn't have got a job in WWE - or the entire industry full stop - if his last name wasn't McMahon.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

The best thing Shane ever done in the WWE was leave.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:14 pm

Mr H wrote:The best thing Shane ever done in the WWE was leave.

I love you H

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:36 pm

I like shane o mac, yes he wouldnt have got near a ring if he wasn't a Mcmahon but that the bit your missing out he IS a Mcmahon and you should look at the positives of what he did do in the ring considering he wasnt a wrestler.

i would rather have him on my screen anyday than stephanie (thats not in a sexual way before anyone comments)

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

crippledtart wrote:
Mr H wrote:The best thing Shane ever done in the WWE was leave.

I love you H

I know you do.

It's true though. He was hardly an 'athlete' was he. Being fast tracked into high profile fueds totally undermined what professional wrestling is all about. People slate Garrett Bischoff for trying to follow in daddies footsteps and join the business but at least he's in shape and actually looks like he could be a wrestler. Shane on the other hand gassed after about 5 minutes in every match and looked like a fan who'd been pulled from the crowd yet gets praised to the hills. Hell even Vince hit the weights and got in shape!

Shane McMahon hasn't got a legacy in the WWE and quite frankly he doesn't deserve one. He's just a chubby son hanging on daddies coat tails trying to be famous, but failing. His crappy baseball shirts suck, so does his stupid dance, and it's not as if anyone really misses him is it?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Yes me. I hope he returns just as Triple H is about to be handed total control of WWE for a storyline about who inherits Vinces legacy. Shane would have to be the heel as daddys boy coming back trying to milk mony out his Pops company while HHH could be the face as the man who has done all the work and deserves it.

I feel people are a little harsh on Shane. I enjoyed his matches and would gladly have him back.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

I don't care what anyone says, I still love this match between Kurt Angle and Shane O'Mac!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

He wasnt an athlete but he was charismatic as hell and compared to your usual throw in story members (your commentators or Vince) in a match, Shane was by far the best one and looked like he had actually tried to learn a bit, whilst having the balls to put his body really on the line. There's a lot of spot monkeys, many of which who have never gotten over through wrestling talent but because of the memorable moments they can accrue. 

He spoke very well, wasnt actually used terribly badly, was popular as a face and was a good heel. And he provided entertainment and very well remembered moments. As such, I disagree with everything you are saying and go with the premise of how things dont work in a very logical sporting way within the context of wrestling. 

Vince McMahon, by last name logic, was a crap heel cos he'd have never been in the ring if he hadnt owned the company.

I'm not saying hes the missing piece in a dynasty of wrestling, but he was very entertaining in the role he was in and was really quite unique in many ways.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

No no no no no Shot. Simply no. Triple H is building for the future and is doing a very good job of it. The talent coming through NXT is unreal. The WWE are on the cusp of a wave with the next generation of superstars making TV and the last thing they need is someone like Shane McMahon coming back to steal the limelight.

That being said, given the big plans they have for the McMahon family angle I wouldn't be surprised to see Shane on TV before Wrestlemania XXX. Hope i'm wrong though.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm

Also to add to Chris' point...in a world where we had Eugene, Hornswoggle, Gillberg, Shockmaster and a long list of joke acts is Shane O'Mac really that bad or unbelievable as a wrestler?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

I'd like to see Shane come back and have a feud with HHH for the company. As long as he loses of course.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Mr H wrote:No no no no no Shot. Simply no. Triple H is building for the future and is doing a very good job of it. The talent coming through NXT is unreal. The WWE are on the cusp of a wave with the next generation of superstars making TV and the last thing they need is someone like Shane McMahon coming back to steal the limelight.

That being said, given the big plans they have for the McMahon family angle I wouldn't be surprised to see Shane on TV before Wrestlemania XXX. Hope i'm wrong though.

Team HHH (HHH, NAOL, XPAC) vs Team McMahon (Vince, Shane plus 2 heel like Big Show, Henry)

Winner gets the Company at WM XXX - Book it now!!! Ha!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

I have to disagree Chris, he had minimal charisma, certainly not enough charisma that a McMahon should command. I maybe could have coped with Shane in a non-wrestling capacity but like Gav says he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a ring if his last name wasn't McMahon. He got handed a golden ticket. I don't understand your argument about Vince, nobody wants to see him wrestling either, I wouldn't even want to see him wrestle if his last name was Punk. But Vince has more charisma in his little finger than Shane, Vince can command an audience on the stick and he is the villain every fan wanted to see Austin beat up. It certainly made more sense to have Vince in a ring than Shane.

For me Shane just went along for the ride because it was daddies company and thought 'meh, i'll have a go at this'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

xviperx wrote:Also to add to Chris' point...in a world where we had Eugene, Hornswoggle, Gillberg, Shockmaster and a long list of joke acts is Shane O'Mac really that bad or unbelievable as a wrestler?

Perhaps the best of a band bunch but that isn't really saying much. It's like comparing The X Factor to The Voice. Both a load of tosh but X Factor is probably better.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:43 pm

VDT wrote:
Mr H wrote:No no no no no Shot. Simply no. Triple H is building for the future and is doing a very good job of it. The talent coming through NXT is unreal. The WWE are on the cusp of a wave with the next generation of superstars making TV and the last thing they need is someone like Shane McMahon coming back to steal the limelight.

Team HHH (HHH, NAOL, XPAC) vs Team McMahon (Vince, Shane plus 2 heel like Big Show, Henry)

I used to like you VDT!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

Mr H wrote:
VDT wrote:

I used to like you VDT!

HHH wins the 2014 Royal Rumble but decides he doesn't want the WWE Title, he wants the WWE!

It writes itself!

Ha!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

And he ends the streak, makes John Cena tap out and unifies the titles in the same night, right?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

He can do whatever he wants he owes the company now!

Order Cena to be the first inductee into the HHH kiss my arse club!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

You could have Undertaker representing Vince in a reformation of the Corporate Ministry and HHH to take the streak (with an assist from Shane O'Mac) and the company.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

I want Eugene to come back and we find out that he's Damien Sandow's retarded half brother and their Mum is forcing Damien to look after him. Nothing to do with HHH, Shane or Vince but just imagine the segments...they'd be WWE gold!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

I personally always found Shane both funny and likable, and a real git of a heel too. Think he worked well as a manager and as a protagonist. Certainly more to like about him as a face than Vince. Ever. Hes the only McMahon you can like, the rest should never consider being faces.

My point about Vince is that he should never have been near a ring, yet he was and it played a purpose. Wrestling has that family bias, we all know that. It isnt the best athletes that reallly win a WWE crowd, its the story. Shane's character made his presence realistic, and he was never pushed as some sort of behemoth or technician, he had to do things that were brave/stupid to get an edge, no technical brilliance. I think his pace made him a good foil in the ring anyway. The point about him doing big moves then having a rest is valid, but he was doing it in a time where big stunt moves were rather common occurrences so its not like he was breaking the rhythm unfairly. 

In the end, the crowd really bought into him, and he never really killed anyones momentum or overshadowed too much of anyone else, so even if he wasnt entertaining to some I find it hard to see how he could be disliked or even hated.  

Saying all this, I didnt mind Vince winning the rumble so you can see my priorities differ somewhat!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

I find it hard to believe that people hate Shane...to me it's like hating a young Will Smith.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:07 pm

I hate young Will Smith.
I hate old Will Smith.
There was a small respite of hatred for 'Summertime' and then the hatred resumed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

You hate Will Smith?! What is your problem? You need to "lean" more about him, clearly.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

Will Smith is an annoying twerp.

My point about Shane's last name is that he'd have never got a job as a wrestler, or any kind of wrestling performer, based on his ability. He didn't have the fundamental in-ring ability, he wasn't in shape, he didn't have great charisma, and he was an average talker.

Vince, on the other hand, was clearly an amazing heel character at his peak.

I'm not saying he was bad just because his name was McMahon - there are numerous people who have got their break in the industry because of their last name, who deserve the success they've had - but I'm saying that, based solely on his ability, WWE would not have considered him for the role of toilet cleaner let alone on-screen performer.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:27 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You hate Will Smith?! What is your problem? You need to "lean" more about him, clearly.

From what I have leaned Id imagine House is a big fan.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:28 pm

Fresh Prince Will Smith should be hatred free!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:41 pm

I especially hated Fresh Prince and more so people that immediately then start to think they're Jay Z level rappers for being able to recreate it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 12 Jul 2013, 5:45 pm

crippledtart wrote:Will Smith is an annoying twerp.

My point about Shane's last name is that he'd have never got a job as a wrestler, or any kind of wrestling performer, based on his ability. He didn't have the fundamental in-ring ability, he wasn't in shape, he didn't have great charisma, and he was an average talker.

Vince, on the other hand, was clearly an amazing heel character at his peak.

I'm not saying he was bad just because his name was McMahon - there are numerous people who have got their break in the industry because of their last name, who deserve the success they've had - but I'm saying that, based solely on his ability, WWE would not have considered him for the role of toilet cleaner let alone on-screen performer.

He played a purpose though, and surely thats where these things have there point. Ive certainly always thought him very charismatic, much better on screen then Stephanie and hes remembered fondly by the majority of fans, which in the world of Tart means you in fact have to respect him. He got over, and not just cos he was Vince's son. He carried himself in a way that made him liked. Which is more than some very talented wrestlers have been able to do. If you connect with the fanbase then you earn a spot.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down