The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year!

5 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year! Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year!

Post by Enforcer Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:16 pm

Welcome to another v2 Wrestling Podcast, as Adam is joined by Chris, Gavin and Paul to discuss the big news of the week and some very random topics.

We start with highlights of our exclusive recent interview with TNA star Abyss, followed by an analysis of what he brings to TNA and the best way the promotion can use him. Then it's on to other TNA matters, as Adam gives his usual run-down of last week's Impact, and everybody else offers their insight. Most importantly of all, we discuss the allure of Angelina Love.

Our conversation then turns to WWE, and a recent listener question about Damien Sandow. Somehow this is equated to Sting blacking up. Roman Reigns and John Cena's antics fuel our desire to see a gay babyface love story, while we recount our favourite memories of midgets and Vladimir Kozlov.

http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-09T12_56_22-07_00

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year! Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year!

Post by Enforcer Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:17 pm

A special thanks to VDT for interviewing Abyss  thumbsup 

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year! Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 9th July: Abyss Interview, Reigns & Santino - in the Least PC Podcast of the Year!

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Jul 2014, 7:43 am

That was a great podcast. I particularly liked the way that the team saw that Santino's retirement created a space for Sandow. And then applied this to themselves, seeing the face-turn of The Real Americans to do their own racist heel schtick  Very Happy 
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback Prometheus - we all agreed that it was a good show when we finished it.

We are trying to get back to a structure which I think flows quite well now. I know the others hate TNA but it is interesting from a discussion point of view.

I watched it last night expecting the return of the 6 sided ring but that's next week now. I didn't realise that Aries had won the x division title back - that was a shocker!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

It was the most I have enjoyed being on a podcast for a while, glad it came across well - thanks for the feedback.

With Destination X approaching and Option C, I was wondering how they would deal with Sanada (sp) having the belt. Now I guess Aries will trade the X-Division title for his shot and they'll get the belt back onto Sanada (or have him as no1 contender) in time for BFG in Japan.

The fact they're still not airing the NYC shows is crazy. Those tapings were 2 weeks ago. If they're going to tape in bulk, which for cost they have to, they need to put the first of the run on air either live or as near to live as they can.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:46 pm

Most i've laughed at the podcast in a while - Brilliant
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:54 pm

When a podcast opens with an Abyss interview, and is followed by the panel saying what everyone is thinking that he's a bit crap, I think you know the next hour is going to be worth listening to.

I can see the point behind Abyss being Foley's legacy to wrestling, but I can't help thinking that Mick would like to be remembered for his mic work, building a character and putting others over as much as taking bumps and hardcore wrestling.

I like your discussion on TNA because you have such an advocate. I maybe catch it one week in 4 to 6. So the reviews keep me in the loop and encourage me to watch occasionally. But they don't help themselves. As pointed out above the news of taping in NY and 6-sided ring will be old history by the time the shows are aired.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm

STings new outfit for tonights raw revealed:

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:25 pm

At least you didn't reveal Damian Sandow's gimmick for tonight's Raw

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:34 pm

I would seriously mark out for that!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm

I think the Foley's Legacy comment didn't get the discussion (ridicule) it needed, there are so many things that Foley should be remembered for before Abyss is mentioned!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm

Thinking about my comment above, it reminds me that we haven't had any 'off topic' discussions for a while.

If we were to do a discussion, such as a Foley retrospective, would you prefer to have a longer podcast with it at the end or have a second podcast for that week?

Be interested to hear what people think, or if it wouldn't bother you either way!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 15 Jul 2014, 4:01 pm

Speaking for myself. Firstly I'd love the team to do a few retrospectives.

Technically it doesn't matter to me if it is one longer podcast or one normal length and a second one.

What I would love is if you could continue with the normal podcast on a Wednesday because that means I can listen to it while the Raw / PPV that has just passed is relevant. Or before a PPV hear it before that happens. But I very much realise I'm getting what I pay for, so that's just an "if I can have everything to suit me" request.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:14 am

I enjoy longer podcasts as I do a lot of travelling, so either in one or two formats I'm happy if you guys are willing to provide extra content

One small thing while people are giving feedback, like I said I listen to a lot of stuff on the go and podomatic doesn't work on my phone (or my laptop half the time if I'm honest), is the podcast available in any other medium like it used to be?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:16 pm

Thanks both, this week we ran longer with the ppv coming up and Adam's obsession with discussing Damien Sandow! We also had a decent Jeff Hardy discussion, so hopefully we've covered the best of both worlds!

House, it's not at the moment unfortunately but I'll ask if anything can be done. Are you accessing the mobile version of podomatic as I find that useful. There is also an app that may help?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 17 Jul 2014, 9:32 am

Any discussion on my favourite wrestler Damon Sandow is always welcome.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down