The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast - 1 July 2015

4 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast - 1 July 2015 Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast - 1 July 2015

Post by Enforcer Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:18 pm

TNA kicks off with a look back at Slammiversary, a show that provided some good matches, but did it feel a bit too much like a Impact preview? The discussion then moves to Jeff Jarrett, GFW and the rumoured invasion angle. Find out what the team make of it all!

For this week's question of the week we want to hear your opinions on an invasion story? Is it a good idea and what is the best outcome for both TNA and GFW, would the loser of the 'invasion' be destined to fail?

The team then move onto WWE where the conversation begins with this weeks lacklustre Raw before moving onto Kevin Owens and Cesaro, before ending up on who should take Cena's 'streak'!

If you want to get in touch, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter or facebook and don’t forget to let us know if you would like to contribute to the site.

http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2015-07-01T14_17_13-07_00

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast - 1 July 2015 Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast - 1 July 2015

Post by Prometheus Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:58 am

Congrats to Steve on his debut. Though this podcast was undoudtedly owned by Chris who pops up to dissect the TNA / GFW situation with surgical precision, and then goes on to volley a Jeff Jarrett rant into the top corner.

Really good podcast guys. But I think when Adam is back from vacation you have to give him the right to reply on Slammiversary and TNA/GFW.

I saw an article this morning (which I'll take to be genuine) about Daniel Bryan's upcoming book. In it it says "The most chilling part of the first half of the book is in regards to concussions and the Chris Benoit death. The timing for ROH couldn't have been worse, as they taped a Daniel Bryan vs. Nigel McGuinness match for the Driven PPV before the Benoit murder-murder-suicide, bit it aired afterwards. It was build around tons of unprotected headbutts. ....

He (Gabe - I think, though this could refer to Bryan) said he and Nigel were scared to death the more they learned from reading "Head Games: Football's Concussion Crisis" by ex-WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski.

You can't help but grow frustrated with him (Bryan) as you read more fo the book because he seems smart enough to know the ramifications of the risks he takes in the ring, yet he doesn't restrain himself."

So, in the podcast Ethan (I think) talks about WWE keeping Daniel Bryan away until he is fully recovered, if possible, and not making him rush back like others have and then have him injured / forced to retire. When I read this, it is almost like WWE keeping Daniel Bryan out of being in a ring is for his own good. I'm pretty sure that at Mania, he and Ziggler were sharing headbutts at the top of the ladder to claim the belt. Then I'm sure the next Raw when they met there was a series of headbutts in the middle of the ring again. For a guy who knows about concussion related injuries, just had a neck injury (and was there more to that even then?) and, most frustrating to me of all, can work any wrestling style he chooses, he just seems like he's a liability to himself.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:34 am

Thanks for having me on the podcast, id happily be on again, was fun and I'm looking forward to Beards in the wrestling world topic and more Bruce Forsythe

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm

Great show guys - will offer my retort next week.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down