The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!!

+8
The Saint
formerly known as Sam
Mr Fishpaste
GloriousEmpire
tatterd
Scrumpy
yappysnap
Tiger/Chief
12 posters

Go down

Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!! Empty Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!!

Post by Tiger/Chief Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

Bring the game into disrepute! How dare he lower the tone of our great game! Absolutely no place for it in rugby...... How hang on it with St George North....... Forget I ever said anything haha

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!! Empty Re: Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!!

Post by yappysnap Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

Delon Armitage wagged his finger, Ashton splashed.

THINK!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!! Empty Re: Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!!

Post by Scrumpy Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

Oh dear!nope
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger/Chief Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:26 am

I was being ironic, imagine the furor if Ashton had done what North had. For the record I love a bit of niggle and finger wagging/splashing showboating etc

Just making a point

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:27 am

had to be a Leicester supporter picard

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 am

I understand completely, I was trying to be ironic but it's a lottery via text.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 am

It's all fine, as long as you win. He would have looked pretty silly if Beale hadn't slipped and the Lions lost. 

It shows a lack of class and sportsmanship and technically it could be penalised under unsportsmanlike conduct. Imagine a referee brave enough to disallow a try on that basis...I can't, but technically they could.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 am

It's a pity he didn't let the greatness of the try speak for itself.

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Rowntree will have a 'word' in his ear, I doubt we'll see it again.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:29 pm

The difference is Ashton does it at every opportunity, though not at international level for a while aye England fans!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:38 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t44259-delon-armitage-hero-or-villain?vote=viewresult That's how v2 posters voted.

Delon appears to have company in the shower.

Surely double standards are not being applied?

And
Gimpire wrote:Re: Chris Ashton's disgusting finger wag!!!!!

Post by GloriousEmpire Today at 10:28 am
It's all fine, as long as you win. He would have looked pretty silly if Beale hadn't slipped and the Lions lost.

It shows a lack of class and sportsmanship and technically it could be penalised under unsportsmanlike conduct. Imagine a referee brave enough to disallow a try on that basis...I can't, but technically they could.

http://www.wru.co.uk/images/news/2007-09-09-Williams_rdax_530x165.jpg

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger/Chief Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Having seen it again a million times......... He's not giving him the finger of justice he's actually getting ready to hand him off if needed.....

George North all is forgiven haha

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 pm

The big difference is that North is a nice guy and Ahton is a c*nt. And that makes it OK for North!

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Surprised no one posted on this before.  Would be a double-standard if no one had. 
But North is still a young lad.  A proper word should be enough.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:52 pm

What is the difference between what North did and what Armitage did?  To be honest I don't like that sort of showboating, goading the opposition.  Pretty annoying actually.

I think the reason a bigger deal is made of what Delon did is because he has that reputation already.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by JmD Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 pm

The differences are first of all that North is a young guy who just scored probably the greatest try of his life in the biggest match of his life and got caught up in the moment, whereas Armitage has a reputation, to say the least, of being a scumbag.

The major difference though is that North said on twitter "Do apologise. I got caught up in the emotion!" 
Armitage on the other hand said in response to Brian Moore "Anytime you fat Tinkywinky! Go write another Poopie book." 
I think that tells it all.

JmD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:25 pm

I think we all agree that showboating doesn't have a place in RU. North has apologised for his act and I doubt we'll see it again. Ashton on the other hand.... Well I guess this thread just reminded us all of how big a constant t!t he really is.

thumbsup

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down