The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgusting: Canelo

+9
AlexHuckerby
superflyweight
Adam D
Rowley
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
seanmichaels
azania
davidemore
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disgusting: Canelo Empty Disgusting: Canelo

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:49 am

Pulling Lopez even further from his natural weight, this fight is going to be more one-sided than the Matty Hatton debacle.

GBP have really messed up, and obviously don't give a hoot about their fighters, as putting Lopez in against a man who is already outgrowing his weight class, a weight class numerous pounds above Lopez's, is, frankly, a disgrace.

Falling well out of love with GBP at the minute, and until Canelo (the chosen one) steps up and fights a genuine challenger then he is just a hyped up Paddy to me. Driven by another hype job, The Golden Boy.

I'd like to wipe that smile of ODLH's face. He got no love for his charges, just dreams to be the biggest face in boxing. The pantie wearing adulterer.

There, i said it.

Thoughts?

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Disgusting: Canelo Empty Re: Disgusting: Canelo

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:52 am

Absolutely correct emore. People are buying into the hype when he fights past it old men and LWW. The kid is good, but he will get exposed as soon as he meets someone with a pulse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

I don't like him until he fights someone of note, or at least someone who is a fair challenger.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:13 am

Ryan Rhodes?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Rhodes? Euro level club fighter at best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:25 am

Could be worse....

He could struggle with Hernandez who got pancaked by a welter in 1 round.

He could fight the unstoppable Ronald Hearns!!!

I dont think anyone is buying into this fight anyway. If Kirkland hadn't have been placed on such a stupidly high pedistool maybe he would have took the million instead of asking for an extra 2 or whatever it was.

This fight is a joke, but they did try to make a couple of half decent fights for Canelo but they all fell apart through no fault of his own.

They are both walking around at 166lbs 30 days out so you have to wonder what Lopez is doing dropping down so far for his light welter fights.

Anywhoo, this fight ends early. Thank christ there is a real fight on this night too in Martinez vs Chavez Jr. Golden Boy should be ashamed for putting a card together on the same night.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

Great point alma. GBP are hack promoters just like the rest of them, IMO. But for Hearn.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:04 pm

The only thing worse than this is the fact that Boxnation decided to pickup this mismatch rather than the far more exciting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr Vs Sergio Martinez.

Still not sold on Canelo and it out of the ring activities have been pretty shocking as well. Lara will be coming for his belt in the not to distance future anyway.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:The only thing worse than this is the fact that Boxnation decided to pickup this mismatch rather than the far more exciting Julio Cesar Chavez Jr Vs Sergio Martinez.

Still not sold on Canelo and it out of the ring activities have been pretty shocking as well. Lara will be coming for his belt in the not to distance future anyway.

They will run a mile when Lara's comes calling. Or move up to MW or SMW. I have said many times, Canelo is talented but heavily hyped and equally protected. An accident waiting to happen due to his dodgy chin.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Its all about the rub of the green and Lara so far has shown nothing to suggest he is a star in the making. FFS he struggled with a fighter who got pancaked by Berto in 1 round.

Blowing away Ronald Hearns is his biggest win.

Drew with Molina and never went near the suggestion of a rematch yet he wanted Paul Williams to rematch him. Doesn't sound like a confident guy who wants to avenge his draw.

I think this Lara myth is more hyped than Canelo's actual career.

A shot Shane Mosely is better than anything thats even been within 100 feet of Lara.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

And Canelo struggled against a fat Lightweight. Fact is Canelo has fought dross and fringe euro level fighters. and Matty Hatton. He is a star more because he is a ginger mexican than he is a fighter.

Personally I want to see the best fight the best and not having to earn a shot because of box office.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:19 pm

And Lara's only step up was against a Paul Williams who before hand got splattered by Martinez........and hit him with everything but the kitchen sink and STILL couldn't put him away. If ever there was a better time to fight Williams. Yes he got robbed, but jeez!! supposedly a deadly puncher and yet so little effect.

Overhyped kiddo!! Overhyped.

BTW, it is blatenly obvious you have never watched the Canelo vs Cotto fight Az. Struggled?? He took a clean shot to the chin in the first round, cleared his head and then battered Cotto fot the rest of the fight. Where the hell was the "struggle" haha.

Do us all a favor. If you are going to have an opinion on that fight, at least look at the fight first. Your P4P list had fighters in it that you had never watched (as you admitted too), only on the basis that other people had them fighters in their lists. This just shows you for the WUM you are. Your opinions are based on what you have heard others say.

Now run along you clown.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:25 pm

Sigh. More insults. You come accross as a tad childish sonny boy.

Once again the powers that be will allow insults to go unpunished but get trigger happy at certain posters who respond to insults.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:33 pm

Insults are a part of life... WAR!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

Oh I agree it is a part of life. But when one is not permitted to retalliate and the person doing the insulting gets away scot free, there begins a problem....well for me anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

Good point Azania, who offended you?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

Ah i see now, reeborn.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

No offence was taken. I just assumed that insults were not permitted on this site. I don't blame reeborn. He was probably brought up that way anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

azania wrote:Sigh. More insults. You come accross as a tad childish sonny boy.

Once again the powers that be will allow insults to go unpunished but get trigger happy at certain posters who respond to insults.

Or equally as possibly this is the first we have seen of it as we do have jobs to do beyond clearing up after you lot. Perhaps if you are insulted a far more productive use of your time Az would be to follow procedures and report it or PM a moderator to alert them it is happening or use the foe button as has been suggested innumerable times because I have to tell you this whole "if it was anyone else they would be banned, one rule for one, one for the others" schtick you seem keen on pursuing at the minute is fast getting tired.

Reborn I have told you and Az countles times, consider this the last of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

Insults??

Because your insults don't offend others (something about McKloskeys Jockstrap Rolling Eyes ), you have moved down the "please someone help me, I'm telling Sad " route.

Its hardly a coinsidence that 99% of the board agree that your a WUM. Must be tough when nobody takes you serious.

Anywhooooooo, Lara's future is as big a myth as this MASSIVE struggle against Cotto.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:05 pm

whoops

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

MY THREAD IS BOXING RELATED, PEEPS! LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY. I GOT HITS, VIEWINGS AND CULTURED POSTERS TO CONSIDER!!!!!

ONE LOVE GUYS, COME ON NOW.

WHAT WOULD BOB MARLEY THINK OF THIS MADNESS?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

rowley wrote:

Or equally as possibly this is the first we have seen of it as we do have jobs to do beyond clearing up after you lot. Perhaps if you are insulted a far more productive use of your time Az would be to follow procedures and report it or PM a moderator to alert them it is happening or use the foe button as has been suggested innumerable times because I have to tell you this whole "if it was anyone else they would be banned, one rule for one, one for the others" schtick you seem keen on pursuing at the minute is fast getting tired.

[b]Reborn I have told you and Az countles times, consider this the last of them.

Eh? I get insulted and then warned? The posts were boxing related until the insult which was not from me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Insults??

Because your insults don't offend others (something about McKloskeys Jockstrap Rolling Eyes ), you have moved down the "please someone help me, I'm telling Sad " route.

Its hardly a coinsidence that 99% of the board agree that your a WUM. Must be tough when nobody takes you serious.

Anywhooooooo, Lara's future is as big a myth as this MASSIVE struggle against Cotto.

Grow up boy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:

[b]Reborn I have told you and Az countles times, consider this the last of them.

Eh? I get insulted and then warned? The posts were boxing related until the insult which was not from me.

And responding with a comment like run along sonny boy is bound to nip the argument in the bud isn't it. Maybe I don't make myself clear I care little who does and doesn't start it as far as I am concerned if you are insulted the correct procedure is to report it or pm one of the mods and let them deal with it. The minute you respond in kind you just prolong the argument and invite further insults and create more work for us to do and you, or indeed anyone who chooses this as a course of action, are as bad as the person who hurled the first insult.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:40 pm

Of course you don't rowley. It depends on who is throwing the insults isn't it? If Gordy had responded in kind, would he still be here(if he is)? I doubt it.
I'll stop now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 22 Aug 2012, 8:43 pm

Look Az I am bored of this, if you don't like it either take up the way I run the place with Adam, if he agrees I will happily step down, learn to report insults as is specified in the rules or find somewhere else to debate the sport because I'm beyond bored with it. For what it is worth though you could count the number of people I have banned one one hand since my time as a moderator, this despite the fact that the likes of you reborn, ghosty and truss giving me ample reason pretty much every time you come on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:14 pm

You could count the number of people I have banned on the hands of 10 people from Norfolk (circa 150+).

The reason that Rowley is a admin is that he has shown remarkable restraint at times, always has the best interest of the forum at heart and understands how things need to run to allow this forum to operate in a organised and pleasant manner.

This is a message to everyone on this forum.

It is quite simple. Adhere to the rules. If an admin or mod tells you to watch your behavior listen.

Its that simple.

The two have you been told to ignore each other and stop flaming threads.

At this moment in time, you shouldnt be worried what Rowley does next, you should be worried about me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:56 pm

My issue is that action should be taken against those who deliberate set out to insult others.

Yes I may insult the intelligence of many, but I never instigate personal insults at other posters. I respond to insults as do all others here.

Look at the abuse Gordy took on that thread. It was totally unfair and uncalled for. Yes his views are leftfield and his understanding can be questionable. But why the insults. Had Gordy referred to other posters in the same manner, I doubt he would have been allowed to continue.

Im not worries bro. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Aug 2012, 7:36 am

And you have absolutely no idea what Pm's or the like go out to individuals on other threads Az, as you rightly say Gordy was insulted frequently yesterday, pm's were sent to the most persistent offenders and touch wood they appear to have stopped. However you know exactly how many PM's, requests, warnings and threats have been sent to you and Reborn over your persistent sniping and yet still it continues every time your paths cross.

My issue is it seems clear you and reborn cannot interact in a mature fashion, on countless occasions I have suggested to you the correct procedure for dealing with this, through the use of the foe button. Both of you have refused to heed this advice, and neither can provide one even vaguely sensible reason for your failure to do so. Simple reality is if you are not willing to deal with your behaviour you can hardly moan if you then don't like the method one of us on the moderation team chooses to use to deal with the issue.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:03 am

Jeff, I apologise for any grief caused to you and the other mods/admins.

I know I can be a bit of a prat on here sometimes, but its not intentional. Sorry dude!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

rowley wrote:And you have absolutely no idea what Pm's or the like go out to individuals on other threads Az, as you rightly say Gordy was insulted frequently yesterday, pm's were sent to the most persistent offenders and touch wood they appear to have stopped. However you know exactly how many PM's, requests, warnings and threats have been sent to you and Reborn over your persistent sniping and yet still it continues every time your paths cross.

My issue is it seems clear you and reborn cannot interact in a mature fashion, on countless occasions I have suggested to you the correct procedure for dealing with this, through the use of the foe button. Both of you have refused to heed this advice, and neither can provide one even vaguely sensible reason for your failure to do so. Simple reality is if you are not willing to deal with your behaviour you can hardly moan if you then don't like the method one of us on the moderation team chooses to use to deal with the issue.

Read the thread mate. A decent and honest debate was ruined by one person who took it upon himself to throw insults. That is the issue. I see the apology above. The same person offered an apology 2 weeks ago for the same thing. Yet it persists.

I am here to talk boxing with whoever and will not start any insults to whomever, mention their children or family members.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:19 am

"I am here to talk boxing with whoever and will not start any insults to whomever, mention their children or family members."

Yet, thats what I apologised to for AND YOU BRING IT UP AGAIN!!??

I haven't spoke a word to you since Jeff warned us yesterday and have came back on here to see you STILL crying about it.

I have said sorry to the Admins and you still snipe at me for it? Now who is being childish.

Sorry AGAIN admins, for writing this, no offence intended, but I am taking nothing more to do with this thread. Its getting a little silly.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

azania wrote:

Read the thread mate. A decent and honest debate was ruined by one person who took it upon himself to throw insults. That is the issue .

It's certainly one issue, but another one is your continued insistence on responding in kind, despite repeated urgings on my part that this is not the appropriate way to handle the situation and my question as to why you will not use the foe button remains frustratingly unanswered. Get the feeling we are going round the houses here so will make this really really simple. If Reborn insults you again he will be banned, if you insult him again you will be banned, if you respond in kind you will be banned, if he responds in kind he will be banned. Hope this makes sense.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:25 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
"I am here to talk boxing with whoever and will not start any insults to whomever, mention their children or family members."

Yet, thats what I apologised to for AND YOU BRING IT UP AGAIN!!??

I haven't spoke a word to you since Jeff warned us yesterday and have came back on here to see you STILL crying about it.

I have said sorry to the Admins and you still snipe at me for it? Now who is being childish.

Sorry AGAIN admins, for writing this, no offence intended, but I am taking nothing more to do with this thread. Its getting a little silly.

picard

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:26 am

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

Read the thread mate. A decent and honest debate was ruined by one person who took it upon himself to throw insults. That is the issue .

It's certainly one issue, but another one is your continued insistence on responding in kind, despite repeated urgings on my part that this is not the appropriate way to handle the situation and my question as to why you will not use the foe button remains frustratingly unanswered. Get the feeling we are going round the houses here so will make this really really simple. If Reborn insults you again he will be banned, if you insult him again you will be banned, if you respond in kind you will be banned, if he responds in kind he will be banned. Hope this makes sense.

Fair enough

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:27 am

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

Read and understood Jeff. Thank you.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:34 am

If Reborn insults you again he will be banned, if you insult him again you will be banned, if you respond in kind you will be banned, if he responds in kind he will be banned. Hope this makes sense.

It's like watching supernanny at work. Magificent stuff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:38 am

superflyweight wrote:
If Reborn insults you again he will be banned, if you insult him again you will be banned, if you respond in kind you will be banned, if he responds in kind he will be banned. Hope this makes sense.

Laugh
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:41 am

superflyweight wrote:

Me and TSMR have not got kids either, super. I'm a loss to the game.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:46 am

You're clearly a natural jeff. I can imagine you now, filling out a matron's uniform, your bosom swelling with indignation!

Given my 14 month old daughter openly laughs at me everytime I try to tell her off for throwing herself at something dangerous, I think the supernanny box set may be in order.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:56 am

superflyweight wrote: I can imagine you now, filling out a matron's uniform, your bosom swelling with indignation!

Sometimes you really need to keep your sexual fantasies to yourself super

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

I envisage Jeff as more the nurse Gladice type, continually fighting off the advances of Arkwright aka Tina.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm

You two, grow up seriously, if someone insults you, take it like a man! Grow a set of balls, crimony. He said, she said, cry, cry, cry.

Anywho, onto the actual article which was very well done in your own very "unique" style emore.

I disagree with it partially to be honest, you do seem to have a bit of an anger issue towards GBP. Granted they haven't made themselves shine recently, however for Lopez to be the opponent I don't think it's "Disgusting". In reality it makes perfect sense to be fair, Ortiz was going to fight Alvarez, Lopez knocked out Ortiz, Lopez fights Alvarez. It's not like anyone put a gun to the mans head and forced him to fight, GBP asked him if he wanted a shot at Alvarez, he said yes, the man wants to fight, nothing particularly bad about that, however due to the weight limit (Which he was happy to fight at) and technical skill in all honesty I give him little chance.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

Haha.. Alex, when have I cried?? I like being insulted and like cigarettes being stubbed out on my chest........whoops, gone too far!! Whistle

But Sean, don't you realise that Alvarez was lost at sea apparantly against a fat lightweight so this is the sole reason why Lopez was picked to fight him.

Also to add to the point, Lopez is walking around a month out from the fight at almost the exact weight as Alvarez (166.something). So you have to ask what the hell he is doing boiling down to 140/144. He seemed perfectly ok at Welter against a guy who nobody complained about moving up to light middle.

Its just the haterz doin there thang!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:You're clearly a natural jeff. I can imagine you now, filling out a matron's uniform, your bosom swelling with indignation!

Given my 14 month old daughter openly laughs at me everytime I try to tell her off for throwing herself at something dangerous, I think the supernanny box set may be in order.

Do you think Rowley the matron would be a step up for young Cleverly, or is that just window dressing?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

Given that Frank's probably got Gloria Hunniford lined up for Nathan, shah, Jeff in a matron's uniform would indeed be a step up.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

Talking of Cleverly did anyone ever hear that HUGE annoucement that was coming a week after Haye v Chisora?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

alanqlm wrote:Talking of Cleverly did anyone ever hear that HUGE annoucement that was coming a week after Haye v Chisora?

yep, can't believe they brought sharon back to albert square.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:Given that Frank's probably got Gloria Hunniford lined up for Nathan, shah, Jeff in a matron's uniform would indeed be a step up.

To be honest if he punched in Gloria hunnifords face, i'd start to warm to the guy Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next