The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA's Option

3 posters

Go down

TNA's Option Empty TNA's Option

Post by Kaiser Tue May 10, 2011 1:51 am

Why hasn't TNA started claiming to be the biggest 'wrestling' company in north america, surly they should have jumped straight on this band wagon once the 'WWE' rebrand deal was signed, i know i would have, next taping of Impact 'welcome to the NO1 Wrestling Company in north america'. is there a reason they couldn't do this? i have read the threads over the last couple of days stating ROH is better but i cant be bothered to go and find a stream to watch so i mean no disrespect to them but if i was Dixie i'd either be calling myself the NO1 wrestling company in north america or the only wrestling show on american TV. What could Vince do he mouths off you wave his new information sheet and say you in entertainment no wrestling trot on pal. Your thoughts please Lads & Lasses

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

TNA's Option Empty Re: TNA's Option

Post by sodhat Tue May 10, 2011 2:21 am

That would certainly be an interesting spin on things, and a solid jab at the WWE at the same time. Seems thoroughly TNA like.

I don't know honestly whether it would bother the WWE however. It seems like Vince completely ignores TNA and doesn't acknowledge them as a legit threat to the WWE. Let alone the fact that he wants to move away from wrestling at an alarming rate - he might welcome them having the tag!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue May 10, 2011 2:24 am

https://www.606v2.com/t3310-official-list-of-wwe-banned-terms

this is the information sheet i was talking about,

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue May 10, 2011 6:49 am

TNA should be promoting themselves as the No.1 Wrestling Product but sadly I think they desperately want to follow in WWE's footsteps. ROH is the only big indie promotion who virtues the terms wrestling and prides themselves on being a wrestling promotion first and foremost and an entertainment company second.

The fact that WWE have banned the terms wrestling, athlete, sport and fight is absolutely ludicrous. I understand it in a business sense but really you can dress up the 'action' of the WWE with as many mainstream euphamisms and turn of phrases as possible but its still wrestling at the end of the day! and everyone knows it! Doh

I know WWE do more than just put on a wrestling show but why distort what happens on Raw/SD & PPVs? It doesn't make sense to me, yes they are a global entertainment company but what goes on in the ring is a wrestling show. Why not just label yourself "WWE global entertainment provider of professional wrestling and motion films." That is not ambiguous and clearly demarcates between their wrestling product and their other products (which are expanding). I just don't see the need to disguise wrestling in with their other mediums of entertainment?! 🤦

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down