The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNAs next breakout star is going to be.....

+9
Fernando
westisbest
Kay Fabe
Dx Dan.
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
crippledtart
sodhat
marty2086
13 posters

Go down

TNAs next breakout star is going to be..... Empty TNAs next breakout star is going to be.....

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Bully Ray?

this is from Bischoffs Facebook

'Watched this weeks version of IMPACT for edit notes at 3 am this morning. IMO Bully Ray is emerging as one or the top talents in the business today. Flawless.'

He is an overweight 40year old who when he got a singles push in WWE couldnt draw to save his life but Bischoff is high on him or at least high on something

marty2086

Back to top Go down

TNAs next breakout star is going to be..... Empty Re: TNAs next breakout star is going to be.....

Post by sodhat Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 pm

A little harsh considering his level of performance I feel. He has been exceptional, and it's not unheard of for someone to break out late -- look at JBL.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

TNAs next breakout star is going to be..... Empty Re: TNAs next breakout star is going to be.....

Post by crippledtart Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 pm

I agree he's been one of TNA's top performers of late, and one of the top performers in the whole industry.

All without "shooting" or playing a cool heel, but just from creating a strong character for himself and staying true to it.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:48 pm

He's had a great year - sure.

"Breakout star"? - Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Only the OP referred to him as being a breakout star, Bischoff isnt quoted as saying that.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Oh yeah - good point.

That's a misleading title Marty tomato

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Well Hogan put down Roode and now hes got the title Bischoffs talking up Ray stranger things have happened

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:46 pm

To be fair he is gold on the mic and solid in the ring.
He is willing to take big bumps and put on extreme matches.
He has a real presence about him and gathers immense heat.
I'm all for Bully Ray being TNA World Champ within the next year.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:To be fair he is gold on the mic and solid in the ring.
He is willing to take big bumps and put on extreme matches.
He has a real presence about him and gathers immense heat.
I'm all for Bully Ray being TNA World Champ within the next year.

his mic skills are pretty good but hes not title material and he excels in heavily gimmicked matches but not much else plus his name is crap raspberry

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:19 am

I've got wonder if you've actually saw him in the last year and i particularly the last 6 months because anyone who calls him overweight can't have

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:42 am

Whats happening with Brutus?

They should push him up the ladder I think.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am

I can't argue against it , He's look the best he has in a long long time and its the best work ive seen from him in a long time.

If i was to guess who tna's next breakout star will be it would be Gunner or Jesse Sorenson ( not sure why just reminds me of a very young Orton)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:20 am

I've seen Bully Ray recently (a month or two ago) and he's definitely still on the lardy side.

Saw him in a tag team match with Gunner (I think) and he basically got Gunner to do all the work. Also saw him in a singles match (forget who it was against) and he kept climbing out of the ring. Crowd ended up chanting "P***y Ray" at him.

Personally, I think the guy's a joke. He's great at shooting his mouth off, but I've yet to see him do anything in the ring.

Crimson was looking like being the next big thing until he got injured. Think he could still be.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 am

He's heel right? Getting the crowd to chant that at you is good work.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 am

I heard Bobby Roode was going to be the next breakout star after James Storm, Storm Lee, Lee Westwood, Tim Westwood, Woody Allen, Alan Sugar, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ray Winstone, Winston Zeddemore, Winston Churchill, Churchill the Dog, Dog The Bounty Hunter, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Triple 8, 8 out of 10 Cats, Kat Von D, D-Von Dudley, The Dudley Boyz, Boyz II Men, Men in Black, John Terry, Terrys Chocolate Orange, Orange Wednesdays, Wednesday Adams, Adam Ant, Ant and Dec, Declan Kidney, Kidney Bean, Bean Burger, Burger King, King Henry 8th, The 8th Wonder of the World Chyna, China White, White Wine, Hardys Wine and Matt Hardy.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:09 am

I was hoping it would of been Jesse Sorensen (next Randy Orton)

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:51 am

dyrewolfe wrote:I've seen Bully Ray recently (a month or two ago) and he's definitely still on the lardy side.

Saw him in a tag team match with Gunner (I think) and he basically got Gunner to do all the work. Also saw him in a singles match (forget who it was against) and he kept climbing out of the ring. Crowd ended up chanting "P***y Ray" at him.

Personally, I think the guy's a joke. He's great at shooting his mouth off, but I've yet to see him do anything in the ring.

Crimson was looking like being the next big thing until he got injured. Think he could still be.
I'm not sure if you're being serious there DW, that tag match you're talking about was all about Bully Ray calling the shots as he believed Gunner should be protecting him as in his mind he was going to win the BFG series, if I'm not mistaken, Gunner pinned him that night, exactly how a bully should act IMO as for the match where he kept ducking out the ring, that's heat building, as the bullying bad guy he wants the fans to hate him and again like a bully will only fight on his terms, his character is classically booked to be honest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am

Don't watch a lot of TNA but saw some on BFG & that promo he cut on the Philli crowd was 1st class.... That's the way to cut a promo especially on a place you've been a hero in the past

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:58 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:I've seen Bully Ray recently (a month or two ago) and he's definitely still on the lardy side.

I'm not sure if you're being serious there DW, that tag match you're talking about was all about Bully Ray calling the shots as he believed Gunner should be protecting him as in his mind he was going to win the BFG series, if I'm not mistaken, Gunner pinned him that night, exactly how a bully should act IMO as for the match where he kept ducking out the ring, that's heat building, as the bullying bad guy he wants the fans to hate him and again like a bully will only fight on his terms, his character is classically booked to be honest

Well if that how his character is supposed to behave, he's doing a great job...but like I said, I've yet to see him put in anything approaching a decent performance in the ring, so its hard to judge him as a fighter. Great panto villain, rubbish wrestler.

At least with a bad guy like Samoa Joe (frickin' psycho, that one!) you know he's gonna get stuck in, no matter who he's up against.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down