The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers

+24
Roller_Coaster
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
The Special Juan
VDT
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
superflyweight
beninho
The Boss
bhb001
kingjohn7
Hero
Crimey
JuliusHMarx
Breadvan
ChequeredJersey
seanmichaels
Kenny
The Womble
Il Gialloblu
Rowley
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
28 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Select your two favourites...

Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 19 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 19 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap11%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 102

Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Empty Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers

Post by sodhat Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Three rounds to go and it's a bit of a breakaway at the top with Hero and Adam fighting it out. The rest of us are playing for pride. Galted has missed that boat and he's playing more to avoid the ignominy of finishing below Union.

This round features songs that opened their respective bands albums, and it's your duty to pick your favourite TWO from the hodge-podge of classics and not-so-classics.

The next round, round 9, for the numerically challenged, will be songs featured on a film soundtrack. However, that's a pretty wide category, so I'm narrowing it down to films from the 80s because we will be guaranteed to get some hideous selections out of that. The songs have to be verifiably on the soundtrack too - not just a song that featured for a little bit in a rubbish scene with Molly Ringwald.

I also offer an apology to Mysti who's choices were both taken and he's now gone on holiday so he can't select another one.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 am

Haha very good Julius!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Cup Round 8 - Album Openers

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am

The Boss wrote:Haha very good Julius!

Julius is annoying funny, isn't he.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Crimey wrote:Lyrics from the Angel of Death...

Destroying, without mercy
To benefit the aryan race

Shocked

Good lord.  It's hardly Living on a Prayer, is it.  JBJ wouldn't write such naughty lyrics.

You've obviously never heard Bon Jovi's concept album based around the crusades. Brutal.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 am

I suppose one of the mods had to be Wink

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am

sodhat wrote:

Shocked

Good lord.  It's hardly Living on a Prayer, is it.  JBJ wouldn't write such naughty lyrics.

You've obviously never heard Bon Jovi's concept album based around the crusades. Brutal.

Isn't that the album that contains You give Muslims a Bad Name?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am

Bon Jovi's hardcore man! Have you never heard Wanted Dead Or Alive? He's a cowboy on a steel horse for Christ's sake!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

sodhat wrote:

Shocked

Isn't that the album that contains You give Muslims a Bad Name?

It also contained an early precursor to the track Wanted Dead or Alive. They just added the "alive" bit later.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:13 am

The Boss wrote:Bon Jovi's hardcore man! Have you never heard Wanted Dead Or Alive? He's a cowboy on a steel horse for Christ's sake!

The man doesn't even sleep. I need at least 6 hours a night. JBJ is a phenom.

"Until I'm 6 feet under
Baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive
I'll sleep when I'm dead"

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 am

He's like the Undertaker! That should get jeff out from wherever he's hiding.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 am

He's probably pondering whether it's worth carrying on in a world where some people prefer Oasis to The Stone Roses...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:24 am

He's just gotta roll with it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 am

Hero wrote:He's just gotta roll with it.

Yep, some might say you're right.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 am

Once he stops crying his heart out.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:31 am

The Boss wrote:Bon Jovi's hardcore man! Have you never heard Wanted Dead Or Alive? He's a cowboy on a steel horse for Christ's sake!

The man doesn't even sleep.  I need at least 6 hours a night.  JBJ is a phenom.

"Until I'm 6 feet under
Baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive
I'll sleep when I'm dead"

I think it is a front. That romeo is definitely bleeding, you just can't see his blood.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:33 am

It's his life lads!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:36 am

The man has an Ironclad fist. He wakes up and French kisses the morning. He sleeps on a bed of nails for crying out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:42 am

And when you breathe he's even the air for you. A considerate bad boy! Rough diamond is our Jon!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 am

sodhat wrote:He's probably pondering whether it's worth carrying on in a world where some people prefer Oasis to The Stone Roses...

More people go to watch the twilight films than go to see a Scorcese film, does not make them correct.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:49 am

If Bon Jovi did the soundtracks to the Twilight movies Scorsese could make a fim where you actually get to act with DeNiro and people still wouldn't go watch it. Such is the power of Jon multiplied by Richie, Tico and "the other bloke"

I'd LOVE to be the bass player in Bon Jovi....multi millionaire and even his wife doesn't know he's in a band. That's how anonymous he is

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm

He is an unofficial member. I think his inability to advertise Timotei worked against him joining the band full time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 pm

That's what stopped me being in Bon Jovi (or any other hair band to be honest). Seems being sponsored by Mr Sheen isn't rock 'n' roll enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:That's what stopped me being in Bon Jovi (or any other hair band to be honest). Seems being sponsored by Mr Sheen isn't rock 'n' roll enough.

However, being sponsored by Charlie Sheen is SO Rock n Roll!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 pm

#winning

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 pm

How are the Libertines in 3rd place.

The world has gone mad.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:31 pm

I can no longer stay silent whilst all these vailed jibes at the Rock Gods that are Bon Jovi carry on boxing

Having seen these giants in action numerous times ( going on the 5th July aswell Very Happy) i bow at the alter that is JBJ

and how can anyone question the keyboard wizardry of the great David Bryan ? ........................... he even went to dinner the other week with Sophie Ellis Baxter ,Gary Kemp and Alex James !!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:How are the Libertines in 3rd place.

The world has gone mad.

I know some people who think they are one of the best bands of all time.

I really, really don't understand why, they are the Oasis of the noughties
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Kenny wrote:I can no longer stay silent whilst all these vailed jibes at the Rock Gods that are Bon Jovi carry on boxing

Having seen these giants in action numerous times ( going on the 5th July aswell Very Happy) i bow at the alter that is JBJ

and how can anyone question the keyboard wizardry of the great David Bryan ? ........................... he even went to dinner the other week with Sophie Ellis Baxter ,Gary Kemp and Alex James !!

At one point he was surrounded by 3 plates which he was eating from simultaneously with both hands.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:How are the Libertines in 3rd place.

The world has gone mad.

I know some people who think they are one of the best bands of all time.

I really, really don't understand why, they are the Oasis of the noughties

Surely Arctic Monkeys take that 'prize'?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:39 pm

The man is a legend Very Happy

and very clever , he has invested wisely and is worth a reported $85 million
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Their lead singer is less punchable than either Doherty or Barat
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:

they are the Oasis of the noughties

They are not even that good. Time for Heroes is a good song but that is it.

I would put Biffy Clyro above them, and I don't just mean to appease your fit housemate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Kenny wrote:

He still gives love a bad name. No matter how rich he is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't recall hearing a Biffy single and disliking it, they seem incapable of releasing a poor track.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:49 pm

Kenny wrote:

He still gives love a bad name.  No matter how rich he is.

But like they said It's My Life ,it's now or never , I ain't gonna live forever
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Hero wrote:I don't recall hearing a Biffy single and disliking it, they seem incapable of releasing a poor track.

Fast Food Rockers > Biffy Clyro

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Biffy Clyro are far too Scottish to be great.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Is Biffy Clyro a band? I thought it was an unusually-named bloke.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Is Biffy Clyro a band?

Arguably.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Is Biffy Clyro a band?  I thought it was an unusually-named bloke.

Yep, the lead singer is called Simon Neil and has approximately 7 trillion tattoos, apparently
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Is Biffy Clyro a band?  I thought it was an unusually-named bloke.

Yep, the lead singer is called Simon Neil and has approximately 7 trillion tattoos, apparently

Is that the same Simon Neil that wrote The Couple Odd?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I see what you there did
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 am

Biffy Clyro > Karaoke

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 am

Just...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 am

When's when's the next round up Soddy? 
I've never really seen the appeal of biffy Clyro myself! Bit like Muse with me. Just don't get them.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 am

I will get it done this morning, so this round is closed (100 votes in)

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:01 am

Cheers mate I'm just getting sick of looking at 3 votes beside the best song there

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 am

These are the picks and scorers from round 8:

Tino1999 - Prince 
Adam DSmells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana7
Julius  
Nando  
Cherriesfna  
SodhatBy The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers5
EnforcerAbout A Girl - Nirvana3
TSJRock n Roll Star - Oasis7
HeroI Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses9
Azzy  
GaltedChristine - The House of Love1
Il GiallobluCold Days From the Birdhouse - The Twilight Sad 
VDTPeople=Sh!t - Slipknot3
KennyWelcome to the Jungle - Guns N Roses10
Chris WCan't Stand Me Now - The Libertines8
The BossBright Side of the Road - Van Morrison 
ChequeredJenny was a Friend of Mine - The Killers4
Mysti  
Gregers  
Union Cane  
crazygangwombleTie Your Mother Down - Queen 
Stella  

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 am

And this is your leaderboard:

Hero 65
Adam D 55
Kenny 39
Chris W 39
TSJ 38
Enforcer 37
Mysti 31
Sodhat 28
Il Gialloblu 26
crazygangwomble 26
Nando 23
Chequered 21
Tino 18
Stella 13
The Boss 11
VDT 9
Gregers 5
Azzy 3
Cherriesfna 2
Galted 1
Union Cane 1
Julius 0

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 am

Chris W - Can't Stand Me Now - The Libertines

You hipster you!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 am

Extremely disappointed that Galted has gone above me in the points score.
On the other hand, after Oasis outscored The Beatles in the first round I sort of gave up anyway.
I have high hopes that my film song in the next round will get at least 1 vote.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next