The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today?

4 posters

Go down

What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today? Empty What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today?

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 15 Jun 2013, 3:23 am

I wasn't even following Halle, thinking Fed would have lost by round 2, and here comes a score line he has double bagelled a guy after 8 years. I have followed Zverev for quite some time in challengers and I can clearly say he do have a big serve and very good volley skills, so for a score line of 6-0 6-0 against not a bad grass court player is real surprise given Federer's own form is a double surprise.

This is what Zverev had to say afte the match

“With Federer, it’s like you’re at the net and you think ‘oh why did I even come here?’ Because his preparation for the shot is unbelievable. My coach said that with him, he’s always on the ground, he’s always stable, he’s never off balance and you cannot tell where the hell he’s going to hit the ball. So it was a disadvantage to come to the net today.

“His ball when it travels to the air it has so much stuff on it, like it just only goes through the air but it moves like left and right, it moves like a shank but it’s not a shank. You think it’s going to go long but it’s like two feet inside the baseline. His ball is just phenomenal. The worst is like when you’re at the net you cannot tell where he’s going to go. With most of the players, you can anticipate. Because of his [stance], he can go down the line or crosscourt. You think, ‘okay he went down the line most of the times, so let’s cover down the line.’”

I really wanna see how far the score line is true when Fed face an inform Tommy Haas tomorrow.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today? Empty Re: What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today?

Post by ryan86 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:08 am

Yep, I watched the match and it has been discussed slightly in the Halle match. My description of it would be that Zverev tried to serve and volley. However Federer could get too much on the serve and Zverev couldn't get enough on his volleys. Which meant that it felt like a lot of the points ended with Zverev hitting a tame volley and Federer smacking it into empty court.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today? Empty Re: What the hell, is it true Federer double bagelled Zverev today?

Post by JubbaIsle Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:27 pm

Sounds like this Zverev is not as good a S&V as he likes to think, and his remarks about Federers ball striking is more like that of a club player getting a WC into the tournie, such is his seeming naivety.

Age 25 and dropped 100 places in 4 yrs. He's going backwards, so maybe he should give up S&V'ing.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 15 Jun 2013, 6:21 pm

iC... apologies, I 'stole' your Zverev link for the Halle thread. rose

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 15 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:I really wanna see how far the score line is true when Fed face an inform Tommy Haas tomorrow.

Bo3, with Haas almost self-destructing in the third set, with errors.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 15 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

laverfan wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:I really wanna see how far the score line is true when Fed face an inform Tommy Haas tomorrow.

Bo3, with Haas almost self-destructing in the third set, with errors.

I saw such a bad match, Haas started great but didn't live upto his level and a little bit of chink was enough for Fed to capitalize it, anyways can't expect something better than that from two thirtees players.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 15 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

laverfan wrote:iC... apologies, I 'stole' your Zverev link for the Halle thread. rose

I am gonna ban you for a month now Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down