The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next for Arce?

4 posters

Go down

What next for Arce? Empty What next for Arce?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 2:44 pm

Jorge Arce is a 3 weight world champion after his excellent stoppage of Wilfredo Vasquez Jnr last night. The Mexican warrior has had a great career but what next for him?

Rigondeaux would be more likely to fight him in America than Nishioka which could make that fight more likely. Donaire may step up which would be a great fight. Or would retiring on top be best for a fighter who looked like he was finished a couple of times last night?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

What next for Arce? Empty Re: What next for Arce?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 May 2011, 2:55 pm

I can see wilfredo asking for a rematch, maybe not straight away but after one more fight. It is sure to be a FOTY candidate and fights like those always go to a rematch. Wilfredo impressed me and given he only started boxing at 21, two years older then when arce won his first world title, he could still be a star.

Donaire has said he wants to weight hop, and only mares and darchinyan seem like viable opponents at Bantam. I think donaire stops arce and outskills him. They may even fight at Bantam as arce could become mexicos first 4 weight champion.

Rigondeux is a fast rising star but hasn't had anyone as experianced as arce in front of him. I think rigondeux can outbox him or blast him as he is an incredible body puncher and arce is battle worn and his stamina is not as good as he was in his prime.

I would like to see him retire on the top, he's given is wars, but these mexicans like to take on the best even when they are past there best. He has a good few fights less and a few more paydays.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 May 2011, 2:57 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:I can see wilfredo asking for a rematch, maybe not straight away but after one more fight. It is sure to be a FOTY candidate and fights like those always go to a rematch. Wilfredo impressed me and given he only started boxing at 21, two years older then when arce won his first world title, he could still be a star.

Donaire has said he wants to weight hop, and only mares and darchinyan seem like viable opponents at Bantam. I think donaire stops arce and outskills him. They may even fight at Bantam as arce could become mexicos first 4 weight champion.

Rigondeux is a fast rising star but hasn't had anyone as experianced as arce in front of him. I think rigondeux can outbox him or blast him as he is an incredible body puncher and arce is battle worn and his stamina is not as good as he was in his prime.

I would like to see him retire on the top, he's given us wars, but these mexicans like to take on the best even when they are past there best. He has a good few fights less and a few more paydays.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 3:03 pm

I think their will probably be a rematch as well but would rather see him go out on top.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 3:04 pm

Don't think he's got enough left in the tank for Donaire and Rigondeaux.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 08 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Rematch looks the best bet for me, agree Donaire and Rigondeaux are too much at this stage.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 May 2011, 3:56 pm

I think a Arce vs Montiel at Bantam would sell well. Before donaire, montiel was p4p top 10 and regarded as #1 or #2 at Bantam by anyone. He had a huge loss, it happens, donaire is a speicial talent and a KO artist. Montiel and Arce are the standout mexicans of the lower weights. They are both 3-weight champions and are both warriors. It would be a FOTY candidate I'm sure. It's a chance for arce to become mexicos first 4-weight champ and it also gives montiel a chance to be one of the top dogs in the division again.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 7:49 pm

I would love Arce to become Mexicos first four weight World champion. He's never had the praise the fighter like Morales, Barerra or the Marquez brothers had.

Would love to see Montiel v Arce two great fighters maybe past it but looking to go out with a bang. Would fancy Arce after what I've seen in both of their last fights Arce looks in better shape of the two.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Mon 09 May 2011, 8:27 am

I would love Arce to become Mexicos first four weight World champion.

He is a four weight world champ now, who knows he could pick up a belt at bantam too just not against donaire

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 May 2011, 9:36 am

He only held an interim title at bantamweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down