The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace!

+7
BoxingFan88
Lumbering_Jack
bellchees
88Chris05
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
azania
Soldier_Of_Fortune
11 posters

Go down

Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace! Empty Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 pm

http://www.filipinoflash.com/news/item/168-donaire-may-fight-nishioka-next-instead-of-arce

This is great news, especially if Nishioka steps in.

It would have been a one sided beat down if it was Arce as I don't think he has much left. But as Donaire hasn't looked the same force since he stepped up in weight, I think Nishioka can take him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace! Empty Re: Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace!

Post by azania Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Better match up to be fair.

azania

Back to top Go down

Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace! Empty Re: Donaire v Arce off. Nishioka could replace!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

It will have to happen in Japan if it comes off.

Nonito can't sell out his own back bedroom
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Donaire-Nishioka would be a mouth-watering fight. Will be following the developments of this very closely.

As others have said already plenty of times, it's a shame that we constantly hear about how poor a state boxing is in today, how there are no great fighters out there, how none of the titlists of today could hold a candle to the champions gone before etc - when in fact, the past half dozen years or so have actually been a golden era for the little men, who seldom get the coverage and adulation they deserve.

Donaire, Nishioka, Calderon, Wonjongkam, Vasquez, Marquez, Arce, Segura, Rigondeaux, Darchinyan and many others; it's been a wonderful time for the divisions below Featherweight. And though this golden era is slowly coming to an end, the chance of a showdown such as Donaire-Nishioka means that no fan should abandon the little men just yet.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 am

What I dont like about Donaire (not personal) is that when he was questioned on why hes not facing Rigondeaux (sp?) he came out with how Rigo isn't a draw and he can only fight people who are a name, like him.

When in fact, his last 2 fights have barely shifted any seats what so ever.

I read on BoxingScene that his last fight only had just over 3000 in attendence of a 12k seater arena and more than 1000 of those tickets where given away in the days before the fight to try and fill seats.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Rigo ain't doing much worse than that either.

The guy isn't going to be as popular as Manny Pacquiao either as he is just a cult phenomenon.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 am

Well Dee, I'd like to think that Donaire, given his fantastic track record, isn't interested in trying to duck Rigondeaux. That said, given that Arum is pulling all the strings for the two of them, there's really nothing to stop the fight happening, in theory at least. So quotes like that are a little worrying.

Super-Bantam is ridiculously stacked with talent right now, so to some degree I can see why the big four of Donaire, Nishioka, Rigondeaux and Arce may be tempted to dance around the others without actually fighting them, but at the same time the glory and adulation any one of them would receive for emerging as the cream of such an impressive crop would be massive.

The juice is definitely worth the squeeze, I think, so come on you fine 122 lb fellas; get these fights signed.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 am

The problem is it's a big risk for any of those 4 guys to fight each other and the added financial reward won't be great compared to any other fight against a top 10 fighter, especially for Nishioka in Japan.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 am

Well there isn't that much money being made off these guys anyway (apart from Nishioka maybe in Japan).

Donaire is going to have to fight a big big player to begin shining. At the minute he aint the name he thinks he is.

Kimbo Slice is pulling bigger crowds haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 am

I think Rigo takes them all personally, but I dont see Donaire. His stance is probably some mis guided attempt by Arum to promote the fight over the come months (or years). Just get it signed now.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:16 am

Rigo is all based on hype at the moment and what if's, Nishioka is the proven best at the weight can't see how people can bash this contest.

I don't for a second buy that the best opponent Rigo can fight is Robert Marroquin, he needs to step up before getting the golden goose. I bet he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money as well for it.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:50 pm

He hasn't been that impressive recently but his KO of Montiel will live long in the memory. I get the impression he just fights to the level of his opponent and there are not that many fighters in and around his division that I would pick to beat him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Well, he wasn't awesome in his last couple of fights, but if everyone's expecting repeat-type performances of those that he did against Darchinyan and Montiel then they have there expectations a little too high.

It's a bit sad for the SBW's because, they are so great to watch and have such incredible talent, but can barely shift any tickets, Nishioka aside.

Personally I think Donaire has Rigondeux in my opinion, purely down to styles, Rigondeuz for me is amazing, but very one paced and still has that amateur style and is a bit one dimensional, despite having incredible skills, get a feeling that Donaire would just have too much for him.

However, Donaire/Nishioka is still a fantastic fight, interesting to see if Donaire truly is in the elite level of SBW's, defeating Nishioka would prove it, and to be honest in my eyes if he did this then without a shadow of a doubt would go up to P4P Number 2 in my view.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm

alma wrote:Fair enough. I haven't seen that fight. I had just heard everyone rave on here about him and then watched the fight on holiday and couldn't see what the fuss was all about

You should try and catch the fight, alma. Awesome display of punching against a top quality operator.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chxmYF4m2xg

Was a bit of a 50-50 fight going into it, and he did that to him....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Yep, Donaire does seem to have lost a little of his zip at 122 lb, which is unfortunate. He's a tremendous fighter, a genuine great for my money. I think Tino is right in saying that he has a tendancy to fight to the levl of his opponent; I think Nishioka will bring out the best in him. He looked like a giant amongst mere men at Bantam, so I still believe that he can be effective at 122 lb.

I never tire of watching him dismantling Darchinyan and Montiel - those performances were just phenomenal. The small feint, lightening-fast shuffle backwards to make the space and then that devastiating counter-hook which felled Montiel was stunning.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:48 pm

I like Arce, he has a never-say-die attitude and is rarely in a dull fight. I don't think he's ever ducked anyone either so the comment above about him doing so seems a little off base.

I note that prior to to the fight with Munroe, very few people on here had ever heard of Nishioka but since then his name's been slung around with gay abandon. It's bandwagonning and namedropping of this nature which really gets my goat

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 am

and think must people knew who he was but paid little attension to him because he only fought in japan. the munroe fight gave us a comparison to our fighter.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:58 am

I disagree. Donaire was spoken about at great length and in glowing terms long before he came into P4P contention. Much like people used to speak about Gamboa and JuanMa Lopez. However, Nishioka is just someone certain posters have jumped on since he beat Rendall

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:52 am

Donaire is going to announce his opponent tomorrow, looks like its Nishioka =D.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 am

Wow, great fight then, where will it be held? Japan or America? Gotta love Donaire, the man will not duck anyone and openly takes blood tests year round, boxing needs more guys like him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 am

Nishioka's hasn't fought since Marquez in October 2011, and being 36 that could really affect his performance. Donaire should win as he will have superior speed an will have the reflexes to beat nishioka and donaire is a lot better than a 36 year old marquez and munroe who is as tough as old boots but is there to outbox

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 am

Well it sounds like Nishioka unless Arce did a U-Turn on his demands...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down