The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ?

+2
thebluesmancometh
LordDowlais
6 posters

Go down

Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ? Empty Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ?

Post by LordDowlais Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:50 am

As the title is asking, can anybody answer this, the only reason I can possibly think is because the Australian rugby union wan to keep the Lions under cooked for the tests, I would understand the test players being out obviously, but if all the franchises put out week teams to play the Lions it could make the tour a bit of a farce, I thought that playing the Lions or having the Lions to tour your country was supposed to be a massive honour or privilege, it does not look as though the Aussies think like that though.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ? Empty Re: Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ?

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:57 am

Politics, mixed with strategy, compounded by Super fixtures...

I'm not liking what the sky team are saying though, they sound very arrogant, even though we are all saying the same thing.

With this farcical strategy, monetary gains for the host nation, and the way lions fans are treated you would have thought there would be a bit more respect shown.

But I suppose today it's all about the W by hook or by crook!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ? Empty Re: Why are Western Force picking a 2nd string side ?

Post by fa0019 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:59 am

Lions fans will spend top dollar on the match regardless of the Farce putting out a bunch of their academy kids or 1st team regulars.

If they win their match on the weekend they will still be last in their conference.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:01 am

I hope the Lions crush them
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

I'm sure The Force would have put out a first rate team if this game had been played after their super xv committments.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

I have tickets to the Rebels, Brumbies and Tah's games, and am a little worried about what teams they'll put out now.

I wouldve had to pay a fortune as a lions fan, but am using a friends Aus name and adress so have got them very reasonably!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

Just imagine if the Lions go and lose now Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down