The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Force, SNK, and George Smith

4 posters

Go down

Western Force, SNK, and George Smith Empty Western Force, SNK, and George Smith

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 am

Watching the Force take a tonking this morning, and a few things occured to me (not just through this game but this super season)...

Brumbies are superbly coached this year and look the real deal!!!

SNK must be a god in training because the Blues stuck with him for months despite such amateur performances for them, then he gains a bit of form in Japan and the Force snap him up... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!? He is again this season, soft, innacurate, poor distributor and has a revolving door defence, surely there is an academy boy who offers more!!! What does this guy do throughout the week to impress on coaches so much, does he bring apples each morning, fetch the tea's and clean everyones kits????

My last point is no matter what George Smith does the comentators ooo and arrgh like he is Dan Carter, he was gifted an assist last week despite being on the floor 20 yards from the action, he gets credited with turnovers he doesn't make and every little thing he does (not even that well) they talk about how he'll play v the Lions on a test... What are these guys thinking?!?!

Rant over

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Western Force, SNK, and George Smith Empty Re: Western Force, SNK, and George Smith

Post by Biltong Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:24 am

Yeah, it seems Smith is a big hero in Australia.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Western Force, SNK, and George Smith Empty Re: Western Force, SNK, and George Smith

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:26 am

I understand he is, and the will for him to do well, but IMHO he is struggling for physicality and lacks the conditioning levels of a top 7!!

Watch him hit rucks, he literally bounces off and has to wrestle with arms, necks and legs to make any impact at all!!! I know he was never destructive but getting to the ruck first is half the battle, and he seems a step behind to me

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:30 am

There you go again....

Smith has a very simple 2 on 1 in the corner and throws a forward pass, how the TMO called that pass good I don't know, it was 2 yards forward and Speight had to reach in front of him, juggle then claim!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoped Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 am

Then Speight loses the ball and doesnt ground it anyway! Awful, awful TMO.

Scoped

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Commentators are always lazy and find their favourites (usually well known names) and stick with them.

Just look at Sky and their Wilkinson and now Farrel OTT commentaries, also happens in the prem with Wentsel at Wasps.

I'm sure the same happens in the Rabo as well, in fact I can bet it happens every game with Jamie Roberts.

SNK shocked me when I saw he was playing SR, I remember the hate on these boards for him when he was a the Blues, he was alright last week but frankly the Oz style suits him often, a bit like Hook in that he's not really a 10 but just a player who can run the ball.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:49 pm

yappysnap wrote:Commentators are always lazy and find their favourites (usually well known names) and stick with them.

Just look at Sky and their Wilkinson and now Farrel OTT commentaries, also happens in the prem with Wentsel at Wasps.

I'm sure the same happens in the Rabo as well, in fact I can bet it happens every game with Jamie Roberts.

SNK shocked me when I saw he was playing SR, I remember the hate on these boards for him when he was a the Blues, he was alright last week but frankly the Oz style suits him often, a bit like Hook in that he's not really a 10 but just a player who can run the ball.

Roberts gets no credit at the Blues, he's only played a few minutes in a few seasons, hence why he's been let go!

I know what your saying RE wilko, but it's never as bad as giving the guy credit for things he's clearly not involved in, Ive never seen anything quite like it from the Aussies!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down