The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY!

+26
bluestonevedder
SecretFly
Dr Gregory House MD
bhb001
The Beast
jimmyinthewell68
WhiteCamry
VDT
Hulking_up
hodge
rIck_dAgless
Enforcer
Il Gialloblu
ONETWOFOREVER
Adam D
Shot 21 LCFC
Kenny
The Boss
Nakatomi Plaza
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Galted
TinRibs
Stella
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY! - Page 2 Empty Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I don’t remember that much about The Dead Pool other than the demise of the drug addicted rocker near the film’s beginning. This isn’t surprising as it’s been over 20 years since I’ve last seen the film in its entirety. I recently caught a clip of that precise scene and was surprised to discover the rock star in question was played by Jim Carrey (or James Carrey as he appears in the credits). I guess James didn’t become Jim until the ‘90s, so it’s not surprising I didn’t recognise him the first time around – The Dead Pool being a film of the late ‘80s.

So my question relates to this: have you ever viewed a film for a second time, only to spot someone in there you missed the first time round?

Back to top Go down

Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY!

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Lee van Cleef in the Beast from 20,000 fathoms. When asked whether he could fire a grenade launcher firing a nuclear tipped grenade, he responds "I pick my teeth with them". His only line. I couldn't stop laughing!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jim Carrey in The Dead Pool – REALLY!

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 am

Watched Silence Of The Lambs again the other day, and only just realised the guy who played the bad guy (not Hannibal Lecter, the ladyboy) was the crazy brother of Mickey Rourke in Bullet. Should have known really with that distinctive voice.

If anyone hasnt seen it, then I highly recommend it. Great film which also stars Adrien Brody and the late great rapper / actor Tupac Shakur.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:40 pm

just seen jurassic park two on telly yesterday first time since it come out . didnt know vince vaughn was in it and a big part too

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Was rewatching the Hulk Hogan classic 'No Holds Barred' the other week, and former hand of the king himself Peter Dinklage can be seen hanging randomly in a cage from the roof, during a scene where the bad guys frequent a dodgy pub

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Carry On...legend Sid James starred in "King of New York" with Charlie Chaplin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Steve Buscemi was the Buddy Holly waiter in Pulp Fiction.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Billy Bob Thornton as a mouthy card dealer Johnny Tyler in Tombstone (93) - looking nothing like the slim cool dude he became in later movies.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Hardcore Wrestling "legend" Terry Funk is in "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze

Ron "Hellboy" Pearlman is in "Name of the Rose" with Sean Connery and Christian Slater

Timothy Dalton played a stormtrooper in Star Wars ( I made that last bit up...it was Battlestar Galactica)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Hardcore Wrestling "legend" Terry Funk is in "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze

Ron "Hellboy" Pearlman is in "Name of the Rose" with Sean Connery and Christian Slater

Timothy Dalton played a stormtrooper in Star Wars ( I made that last bit up...it was Battlestar Galactica)

I recognised him in 'Over The Top' the other day.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Joffrey from game of thrones is Gordon's son in Nolan's batman trilogy. Blew my mind when I first saw it after watching GoT!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:14 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Joffrey from game of thrones is Gordon's son in Nolan's batman trilogy. Blew my mind when I first saw it after watching GoT!

They should have let Dent shoot him if they knew what he was going to become

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Joffrey from game of thrones is Gordon's son in Nolan's batman trilogy. Blew my mind when I first saw it after watching GoT!

No he isn't...

The guy who played Joffrey was in Batman Begins though as a young child who sees Batman.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am

Crimey wrote:

No he isn't...

The guy who played Joffrey was in Batman Begins though as a young child who sees Batman.

You're right Crimey, I apologise for that!

He is indeed, just a child. But, he does appear in 2 separate scenes- a particularly funny one where he gets face-palmed but a rogue police officer.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:44 am

wasn't Christian bale the child star of empire of the Sun . just looked it up to make sure yes he was

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 am

Was watching Clueless the other night and recognised Paul Rudd, who played her step brother.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Sam Jackson in Goodfellas.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Home Alone 2 was on yesterday and noticed one of the hotel staff is Rob Schneider.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Johnny Knoxsville ( JackASS ) as a nerd in Coyote Ugly
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am

The missus spotted Alex Reid in the film Sliding Doors the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Henry Cavill playing Humphrey in Stardust. With blonde hair.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat May 24, 2014 5:50 pm

the guy who plays petyr baelish in game of thrones is the cia guy at the start of the dark knight rises

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:54 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:just seen jurassic park two on telly yesterday   first time since it come out . didnt know vince vaughn was in it and a big part too

Samuel L Jackson had a relatively small part in jurassic park as well. Got killed by a raptor

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Scarlett Johansson was in Home Alone 3

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Tim Robbins (Shawshank) in TopGun.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Dexter Fletcher in The Long Good Friday (He's about 8!). Actually quite a few in that: Pierce Brosnan as a murderous Irishman in his first big screen role, Derek Thompson (Charlie in Casualty) is in it too as Bob Hoskins' right hand man.

Katie Holmes, Melissa McCarthy and Timothy Olyphant in Go.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2