The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers

+3
Rodney
hampo17
Strongback
7 posters

Go down

Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers Empty Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers

Post by Strongback Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Froch's post fight presser

https://www.youtube.com/user/iFilmLdnProductions

Kessler's post fight presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck9j7EI24hw

Kessler's team felt they didn't lose the fight. Kessler a gent as always said he would have towatch the video to really know.

Eddie Hearn's post fight interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdmlYQrFYs

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers Empty Re: Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers

Post by hampo17 Sun May 26, 2013 8:51 pm

I don't think Kessler really believes he won that fight, you could see when the decision was announced he looked like he knew it was coming.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers Empty Re: Froch v Kessler 2:Post Fight Pressers

Post by Rodney Sun May 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks strongy mate.

I was at the fight and it was incredible atmosphere, 1st time I've been to the 02 and it's prob the best venue I've been too. As for the fight I had Froch by 2 rounds, Kessler landed the more eye catching shots from where I was sitting, but Froch was relentless and deserved the win, some guys in my row had the fight as close as even and Froch by 1.

Two class acts and a great spectacle.

Cheer Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun May 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Rodney wrote:Thanks strongy mate.

I was at the fight and it was incredible atmosphere, 1st time I've been to the 02 and it's prob the best venue I've been too. As for the fight I had Froch by 2 rounds, Kessler landed the more eye catching shots from where I was sitting, but Froch was relentless and deserved the win, some guys in my row had the fight as close as even and Froch by 1.

Two class acts and a great spectacle.

Cheer Rodders

The event looked spectacular watching it on TV. It looked like a real glamour night for boxing, quite a few stars in attendance etc.

Bad night for the bets I made but that didn't dampen a great night of boxing viewing.

I had Froch by two but if I was to forget the scorecard I saw Froch as a clear winner. Kessler looked a bit ring worn and couldn't keep up his usual high tempo leaving Froch able to outwork him. I though Kessler slowed Froch down a bit around the middle of the fight with some good body shots but Froch came back strong.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Hearn deserves a spinning back fist.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

I agree strongy. One of those fights where I had the card closer than the fight felt. A case of froch winning his rounds more clearly.

The punch stats make it look like a landslide... Which backs up the quantity from froch v quality from Kessler argument. A lot of those punches were nuisance jabs that barely landed, but plenty of them did and ultimately that was the punch that dictated the fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 26, 2013 11:34 pm

I had froch up by 4. Clear win.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon May 27, 2013 12:01 am

Froch 116-113.

A clear winner.

That 118 score was a joke though. Ban that judge, lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 am

I read a couple of the Danish newspaper reports using goole translator and they both mentioned Kessler was not throwing his right hand much and put forward the suggestion it could have been damaged. They did say Kessler let his right hand go in the 11th.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon May 27, 2013 2:22 am

I was reading a couple of threads on another forum and some people are scoring the fight to Kessler siting his work as being better than Froch's. The consensus there though is Froch by 2 rounds with a draw being a possibility.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed May 29, 2013 12:17 am

If Kesslers right hand was damaged he must have a high pain threshold, the ferocity that he was throwing it was ridiculous.

As I have said before, Kessler's punches were harder than anyone else on the card.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed May 29, 2013 12:18 am

Strongback wrote:I was reading a couple of threads on another forum and some people are scoring the fight to Kessler siting his work as being better than Froch's. The consensus there though is Froch by 2 rounds with a draw being a possibility.

I think a draw is harsh, this is one of the fights where its close but clear, I can't think of a case to give kessler anymore rounds than I have, Froch by 2 is the minimum possible score IMO.

I want to see Froch vs Kessler III its always going to be a great fight.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down