The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais

+29
theslosty
Cardiff Dave
ME-109
LordDowlais
wales606
westisbest
Rory_Gallagher
SecretFly
Submachine
Feckless Rogue
sensisball
MrsP
asoreleftshoulder
LeinsterFan4life
neilthom7
Golden
GunsGerms
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Kingshu
rodders
VinceWLB
Portnoy's Complaint
Mickado
Hound of Harrow
The Saint
Notch
Jenifer McLadyboy
whocares
pete (buachaill on eirne)
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais - Page 3 Empty Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right all,

So Leinster get another shot at the double (albeit the downgraded double).

Stade come to Dublin to kick off a predominant French weekend (interesting now how France came last in the 6N eh?). Stade come to Dublin off the back of a very bad loss to Biarritz (52-17) and currently lie in 10th place of the French Top 14 league, that being said they do boast quite a few top drawer players in Pape, Parisse, Dupuy, Warwick and Sackey. On top of that they have ex-Leinster players Contempomi and Stan Wright as part of their overall squad.

On the other side of the halfway line we have Leinster. Leinster have won 15 of their last 16 games in all competitions, they along with Clermont and Toulon are the only team playing for a European and domestic double, this is Leinster 3rd European final in 3 years. They boast the familiar names of Healy, Sexton, Kearney, Heaslip, O'Brien and Nacewa not to mention some chap called O'Driscoll. Working against Leinster is the 6 day turn around. There last number of games have been tough; Darcy has been ruled out with a torn calf, BOD and Strauss both went off early against Glasgow. Coach Joe Schmidt has said that realistically the lads are only going to get to train on Wednesday and Thursday (possibly Tuesday) such was the physicallity of the Glasgow test and indeed the Ospreys and Biarritz ones before it.

I don't know the number of Stade fans who will make it to the game but there are 2 other French teams in town and I imagine they will be supporting the "visitors", the Dublin and Leinster faithful will descent on their D4tress and lend their weight to the team which have got to be running on empty.

Use this thread to discuss possible teams, injury updates, team announcements, verdicts, tactical analysis and whatever else.

I'm heading to the game if anyone fancies a few pints before/during/after???

Believe guinness

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais - Page 3 Empty Re: Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais

Post by rodders Fri May 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
rodders wrote:
Golden wrote:
I certainly wouldn't have thought he was one of the best 5 players in Europe this year.

I wouldn't have thought he was in the best 5 in D4! Whistle

Lets Sean O'Brien do all the showy ball carrying, just for the good of the team. Get's stuck into being the highest tackler and hitting all the rucks....

And this is the thanks he gets? FFS lads. He's had a great season. Fofana will get it though

Wow how terribly unselfish! When I used to play I used to let my teammates score all the tries too ..... Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais - Page 3 Empty Re: Amlin Final- Leinster v Stade Francais

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
rodders wrote:
Golden wrote:
I certainly wouldn't have thought he was one of the best 5 players in Europe this year.

I wouldn't have thought he was in the best 5 in D4! Whistle

Lets Sean O'Brien do all the showy ball carrying, just for the good of the team. Get's stuck into being the highest tackler and hitting all the rucks....
And this is the thanks he gets? FFS lads. He's had a great season. Fofana will get it though

I thought that WAS O'Brien doing all that. His tackle stats are usually the highest. Heaslip had his two best games recently when O'Brien wasn't available as he took on a lot of the carrying, but he seemed to have a higher workrate in general. He should be playing like this alongside O'Brien anyway.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Good luck Leinster. Hopefully Gibson, Micky T, Kado, Hughie (unless he is an Ulster fan now?) and all end up as happy as the last two years finals.

Lovely weather for it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Anyone got a link to game please? Desperate....

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

The BBC have just announced that Heaslip deserves his nomination.

It must be true then guys so let's move on.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri May 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Good luck chaps! thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't know, Rodders. If it was a home game I'd be a little more at ease. But playing in Ulster's home ground will make things a little more edgy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Madigan try.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Great start, hopefully Stad pack up and give us an easy game

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Sexton looked slow then! Lazy....

Excellent start for Leinster
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Nice try. Shecksy rugby as Gibbo would say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Nigel is going to have to look at the scrums, as somebody is standing up. Twice that's happened now.

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri May 17, 2013 9:17 pm

McGrath getting a bit of a lesson so far in the scrums.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri May 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Cracking defence by Leinster fair play to them. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Williams was so close to scoring there

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 pm

What a try saver by Sean O'Brien. Terrific!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:McGrath getting a bit of a lesson so far in the scrums.

What is wrong with Healey ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Hes been rested.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Conway needed to hit him harder there

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Did I just see Sexton limping and feeling his groin then ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 17, 2013 9:22 pm

parrise gets through twice the work of any other forward

Stade putting in some good phases, exciting rugby but Leinster are deadly on turnovers
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Golden wrote:Hes been rested.

What for ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Lovely catch and offload from Conway there. Hes really been playing well lately

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

What a try. Conway is really coming out of his shell now, what an improvement. Munster have signed a great player.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 17, 2013 9:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Did I just see Sexton limping and feeling his groin then ?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

What for ?

Apparently he needs an operation, Dowlais.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm

For the Pro12 final. 3 massive games in 3 weeks was deemed a bit much for him.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What for ?

Apparently he needs an operation, Dowlais.

Schmidt said before the game he was tired after last week and with a six day turnaround they aren't starting him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 pm

I thought he was getting an operation after the Lions tour, and might have been rested until the tour.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Mmm I missed the 1st 20 minutes and game over already it seems

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Only a rumour Rory. He might not even be injured for all we know.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 pm

I am pretty positive it was Healy he specifically mentioned for the tired thing, but not 100%

I'm sure they are managing his injury too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Only a rumour Rory. He might not even be injured for all we know.

The operation thing is just a rumour? Ah right.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri May 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Sexton is on fire. Wow. Putting all sorts of pressure on the opposition.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri May 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Classy pass from ROG pupil...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri May 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Kearney...slide in...don't be bloody diving...injuries!!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 pm

I didn't expect this score line. Stade are playing well enough too, but Leinster are so clinical.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri May 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Stade no4 butchered that
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm

Shocking play by Stade

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Really happy with how McGrath has sorted out his side of the scrum,Stade are still stronger but they aren't getting penalties or momentum any more.Fair play to the kid.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri May 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Good workout for leinster defense so far but stade are being a bit naive in attack.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri May 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Har har...someone said this is the same level as the HC...Leinster have perfected the art of non-rugby....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I didn't expect this score line. Stade are playing well enough too, but Leinster are so clinical.

Stade are too deficient in the basics. Loopy passes from Dupuy to no-one, butchering 2 on 1s, running laterally, and no-one trying to claim high balls. Nacewa has the freedom of his wing when the ball goes up in the air. Who is even marking him?

Stade have had lots of ball but they kind of look like amateurs in comparison to Leinster with respect to very basic rugby skills!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri May 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Elaborate DOD...educate me. Non-rugby? - Go.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah the Stade passing is pretty shocking but in truth that's endemic in French rugby,even Clermont don't have a great passing game but they make up for it by some wonderful offloading and serious power running.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Leinster have sussed out Stade and are toying with them. The Frenchies for some reason are refusing to take the ball up the guts. Every ruck they've swung it wide, before doing the necessary and got nowhere.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Notch wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I didn't expect this score line. Stade are playing well enough too, but Leinster are so clinical.

Stade are too deficient in the basics. Loopy passes from Dupuy to no-one, butchering 2 on 1s, running laterally, and no-one trying to claim high balls. Nacewa has the freedom of his wing when the ball goes up in the air. Who is even marking him?

Stade have had lots of ball but they kind of look like amateurs in comparison to Leinster with respect to very basic rugby skills!

Yeah, I really meant playing ok bar taking their chances. They are creating a few though. Now they're chasing the game, it will probably make them more frantic though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Well they are getting into positions to score, but really... no cutting edge at all. Leinster are in second gear, cruise control engaged.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Sting is gone out of the game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 pm

There is such a massive difference between the Heineken and the Amlin.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next