The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage

+8
Driver
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
stnick88
Fluxy
Ozzy3213
12 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Homepage Empty Homepage

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 10 May 2013, 1:27 pm

Homepage Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Tigers play Harlequins in the play off final at Twickenham.

Homepage Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POS Aviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOST P F P A P D T F T A TBP LBP POINTS
1 Homepage 4Leicester Tigers22181 3 572 483 +89 64 45 2 3 79
2 Homepage 7Harlequins22160 6 584 525 +59 64 52 4 5 73
3 Homepage 8Newcastle Falcons22141 7 564 509 +55 60 48 2 7 67
4 Homepage 2Gloucester22140 8 570 522 +48 66 54 4 5 65
5 Homepage 12Sale Sharks22 13 0 9 568 533 +35 62 55 3 9 64
6 Homepage 5London Irish2211 0 11 555 547 +8 59 56 3 10 57
7 Homepage 9Northampton Saints22111 10 552 545 +7 57 57 2 8 56
8 Homepage 50London Welsh22 9 3 10 520 510 +10 56 51 0 10 52
9 Homepage 1Bath Rugby2290 13 509 545 -36 48 59 0 9 45
10 Homepage 11Saracens2261 15 463 550 -87 42 59 0 733
11 Homepage 57Worcester Warriors2241 17 478 541 -63 42 60 1 11 30
12 Homepage 6London Wasps 2230 19 444 569 -125 40 64 0 14 26

Welcome to Season 5 of the Aviva Premiership fantasty rugby game. Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to. If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (Ozzy3213) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players. If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at it’s discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the matchday 22's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make up of your squad.

Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have a listed senior academy squad of 20 players. Players who are in the senior academy must be under 22 years of age as of 1st September 2012 (therefore must have been born on or after 1st Septmber 1990). Players who are under the age of 20 (so born after 1st September 1992) AND are in the academy of the club that you are managing in real life, DO NOT need to be listed as senior academy players as part of your 20, but are available to you in this game and cannot be poached by other clubs without paying you a fee.

Should a player not listed in your 20 senior academy players, but part of the clubs academy in real life move clubs in real life, then you will have first option of promoting him to your listed senior academy. If you choose not to take this option he will become property of the club that he moves to in real life in this game.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 3 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the Championship/National League bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on it's own merits before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

Foreign transfers will unlimited during the off season and 2 during the season. The exact dates of the two transfer windows during the season is to be confirmed.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

If a released player plays in real life for a team outside of this game he will be deemed to have returned to that team. If not then he will be deemed to have signed for a Championship side. If another manager wants to pick a released player up, they will have to bid for him in the same way as for a foreign or Championship/National League player.

Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players. Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.

Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches. These games will take place once a week. A thread will be put up for managers to name their teams on Thursdays, then on Fridays, managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved). An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your matchday 23, and at least 5 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.

Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.

Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£1.5m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Homepage Empty Re: Homepage

Post by Fluxy Fri 10 May 2013, 1:34 pm

As with the point Pete alluded to with Fraser, I think it is that exact reason why he isn't in the squad. Although slightly odd

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 10 May 2013, 2:18 pm

must be.

He is definitely better than Kvesic think you might be alone their Johnny.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 10 May 2013, 2:45 pm

I wouldn't have them far apart. Fraiser been stronger the back end of the season but Kvesic was in inspired form for Worcester at times. At their best this season theres been nothing between them. See how Kvesic gets on at a better side than Worcester next year as well.

If I were Fraiser I'd be holding off any potential surgery till after the Argentina tour. Not going to get a better chance to taste the England set up. Giving Kvesic the first advantage somewhat.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:49 pm

Problem with kvesic is I can't see him getting much game time at glos with Qera the main man and considerably better.

Unless we move savage to lock and play Qera blindside and kvesic open.

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 10 May 2013, 2:53 pm

6 Qera
7 Kvesic
8 Morgan

With Kalafamoni to come on off the bench.

Quality backrow.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 10 May 2013, 2:56 pm

Kvesvic will come on a lot next season at Gloucester, started the year well and then as a lot of Worcester players have done has dropped right off in form recently.

Fraser looks good, but needs to play against some really top no7s to see how good he is. A lot of his best games were during the international windows, shame he was injured for the Toulon match.

Do think he is a very good prospect though, very abrasive, which we lack in our backrow at the moment.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:57 pm

Kalamafoni was our player of year and preferred Backrow is

6 kalamafoni
7 Qera
8 Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 10 May 2013, 2:59 pm

I did sign Savage as a lock cum backrow Matt Wink

Kvesic did have a stormer against Glaws though this year so I wouldn't say Qera's "considerably better"

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 10 May 2013, 3:15 pm

Kvesic started season well but tailed off. He got dominated by Treviranus at the Madejski but was probably just an off day.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 3:56 pm

Kvesic is a very good player, really hard to compare him to Fraser as Saracens pack is so good.

It would be interesting to see if Fraser would do so well in the Worcester team.

Big fan of both, massive talents. Kvestic a real cannon ball and great on the deck.

6. Savage
7. Kvesic
8. Morgan

I can see this backrow really growing through the season which would be great from an English persepctive.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 4:31 pm

If you played that Backrow you drop Glaws 2 best players and in Qera one of the best players in the league so would never happen.

It would be moronic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 4:36 pm

Savage is top drawer and will be skipper so it will b
Savage Morgan Qera

Savage a better 6. Quality player though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 4:39 pm

Tough for glos to fit in all their quality Backrow.

We have vacancies galore in the second row and Morgan will be away a lot but it all fit its a selection dilemma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 4:43 pm

anonmattyt wrote:If you played that Backrow you drop Glaws 2 best players and in Qera one of the best players in the league so would never happen.

It would be moronic

Moronic is a little over the top.

I didn't say it would be first choice but I can see it getting a few outings and it growing as a unit. You don't seem to rate Kvesic too highly, I think he quality and will give you a different type of 7 to Qera.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 10 May 2013, 4:46 pm

it will change week in week out.

always players injured, rested, on int. duty.

sort it out Pooly you moron!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 4:47 pm

I know man, cool it with the personal Matt eh Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 10 May 2013, 5:07 pm

Savage looks like a cracking player. But if he was to ever have international aspirations then it should be at 4. What is with this country and producing captain standard 6's recently!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 5:30 pm

Why we don't buy front 5 never fails to get me.

We have tons of Backrow coming through as well.

Stookes may get game time next year but he is unproven.

Agree with you nick re savage and international aspirations.

He may be a Peter Buxton just on fringes of internationals without ever playing but one hell of a player but savage just grows and grows. Been playing the game 5 years or so which is extraordinary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 5:32 pm

I rate kvesic just when you have Qera struggle to see the fit and with are limited pennies would prefer key areas to be bolstered

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 10 May 2013, 5:48 pm

Wasps are continuing to purchase the entirety of the Championship, just signed the Jersey no8 - think that is 4 players we've got to replace Bilyl Vunipola now!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 10 May 2013, 5:50 pm

Isn't that two Jersey lads as well, the prop lad Barrington looks handy

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 6:05 pm

They had some really good forwards.

Obviously the standard of the Champ is the lowest it's ever been so don't expect much Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 10 May 2013, 6:19 pm

Standard of the Championship isn't as good - always said each team has 2-3 players who could play AP standard, but teams can't plan long-term due to financing and lack of money, so overall standard hasnt been as good as in previous seasons.

Prime example, Newcastle who were awful in the AP when they were last in there and walking the Championship this season - how many times did they lose in the normal season - once? Now that Newcastle team has nothing on the Quins or SAints team that went through the league unbeaten.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 6:31 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:They had some really good forwards.

Obviously the standard of the Champ is the lowest it's ever been so don't expect much Wink

Players from bristol I know say its weaker.

Last year likes of kalamafoni slater arscott etc all left for prem.

Will these jersey boys be as good as them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 6:38 pm

Slater?? He's been at Tigers for 2 seasons now, Arscott too has played in AP for few seasons I think.

Matt your citing individual players, that doesn't make the league a lower standard.

Chris, that "awful" Falcons team only just lost out to a similar awful Wasps team that isn't much different to the one now.

I've said this numerous times but Falcons were top half the 2nd half of that AP season so to say they were "awful" is a bit clueless tbh.

Falcons have pretty much the same squad that left the AP in top half form.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 10 May 2013, 6:53 pm

Pooly that awful Wasps team had 17 players injured for more than 2months throughout the season, we couldnt put out a full bench, borrowed players from the Championship and lower-league. Think that accounts for a lot, we had a team of kids out who just got bullied, a club that didnt pay the players, was a day from being made bankrupt - and of course Nicky Robinson's damn boot.

You can't really compare that Wasps and Falcons team when you consider those factors.

As we've seen this season, Wasps have the two leading try scorers, played some excellent rugby and have come on leaps and bounds since last year, where only our form in last 8 games cost us a HC place.

Newcastle were awful that season, relied on Gopperth's boot for a lot of their points and had no idea how to score tries and as far as I am aware didnt have any problems like Wasps did.

Saying they were awful pretty much sums up how they played whenever I saw them on television.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 6:57 pm

Falcons had plenty of injuries Chris, it's a squad game not a first XV.

Pretty sure we turned you over at your place, totally awful eh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 7:00 pm

If Gold had have came in earlier Wasps would have been relegated.

We were dire under Tait but the second half of the season we turned over Wasps, Gloucester, Irish and drew with Quins off the top of my head.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 10 May 2013, 8:15 pm

Scarlets v Ulster a good game so far. Both sides got their stars out. Bit feisty as well.

Worth a watch for those at a loose end.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 10 May 2013, 8:21 pm

Nick Williams is some tank!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 10 May 2013, 8:28 pm

He got a Rabo league award didn't he?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 10 May 2013, 8:35 pm

Yeah players player of the year. Such a strong ball carrier not many better then him. Fitness needs a bit of work though.

To think Ulster were being laughed at by most for signing him after his Munster stint.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 9:21 pm

Williams is like all islanders they can balloon. Qera can turn up for preseason about 2 stone heavier and blowing. Caucau Etc all bulge its obviously island genetics. Polynesians are the giants of the worlds and most obese. Phenomenal talent and great players.
Their natural diet is so fatty. Worked for a drug company and lots of research for diabetes comes from those islands and their obesity.

They also have really good muscle building genetics so are great athletes. Wish I understood genetics and high level science

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 10 May 2013, 9:42 pm

Aha it's not hard when you can understand it Matt! And I'm a geographer!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 9:50 pm

It's the recessive ones and structure I struggle with and I am a scientist by degree although not in real life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 10:35 pm

Is that ulster and Scarlets best sides ??!

Poor sides I know ulster have injuries but surely Scarlets can do better

How is Henderson bench and where was afoa and gilroy ?

Priestland crocked again. Like him I am having Achilles problems for first time in my life can't train more than 3
Times a week and at reduced intensity.

Unlike him i am not an athlete and my Achilles problems mean nothing to anyone .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 10:46 pm

Tj perenara nailed on ab squad scrum half.apparently great again. 10
Games 5 tries.

Kerr Barlow looked amazing again. Very physical despite size.

Weepu in nick also whilst smith struggling.

We think we have depth at 9!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 10 May 2013, 10:48 pm

They should stick with Smith with TJ off the bench for me. That would work well I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 10:49 pm

Smith hasn't been great but TJ certainly not nailed on.

I'd be quite surprised if Smith didn't start first 4N test tbh, Super form isn't always key for AB, Nonu is generally off his game but always starts for AB's

Weepu will be there or there abouts too

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 10 May 2013, 10:54 pm

TJ is a bit erratic. If he can sort some consistency then he'd be above smith for me. Pretty much their Ben Youngs, but with more flair!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 10:56 pm

In think tj off the bench also but nailed for squad as i said.

Smith showed he could be flustered vs England and has consistently shown that this year. They are all so young they can sort it but at moment smith can't be picked and has been dropped a few times form highlanders.

Would start weepu with tj off bench. Insane athlete with crazy skills quick pass. However his choice of pass not great.

Coopers pass to hooker faiingaa today was unbelievable. Distribution like that means he has to be Aussie 10. In great form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 10:58 pm

He's electric alright, not as good pass as Smith(when firing).

Just reading an article on Andy Saull coming to Falcons and this made me chuckle:

"Long seen as the nearest thing England have to a classic openside in the mould of a David Pocock"

What?!?!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 10:58 pm

Fluxy wrote:TJ is a bit erratic. If he can sort some consistency then he'd be above smith for me. Pretty much their Ben Youngs, but with more flair!

Agree 100percent huge handoff and strength to go with great pace and pass but game management and kick. ( ranges from sublime to ridiculous) need work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:05 pm

He could not be more unlike pocock who is a huge man.

Saull is more a Neil back, hazell type

Saw a review of Aussie 7s with merits for all of them

All had merits

Hooper carrying, abrasive decent steal and slowing all rounder
Smith over the ball +experience and great distributor
Gill- great stealing less over ball slowing great distribution and vision
Pocock monster over ball and stealing not there to carry ( jake white quote)

For lions I would go smith 6 and hooper 7. No standout Aussie 6 and smith has experience and is top player.

8 mowen ? Higginbotham Palu mcalman ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 10 May 2013, 11:13 pm

Higginbottom pretty good lately, still be Aus 6 for me.

Saull is just distinctly average, hard to compare him to anyone, certainly no Neil Back.

We'll swap him for Kvesic

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:20 pm

Saull heavier on wiki http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Saull

Pocock http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pocock_(rugby_union)

If that's true I will say pooly is a rugby genius Very Happy

For me pocock 17 st saull 15.

Brumbies have him 104 http://www.brumbies.com.au/Team/PlayerProfile/tabid/1208/playerid/55/Default.aspx

On hooper vs pocock

The 20-year-old was also the team's top tackler, but his 276m and 10 tackle busts - Pocock had 102m run and five tackle busts in his first five starting Tests - have rugby experts in awe.

"Michael Hooper has had one of the fastest starts in a Test jersey for the past five or so years," former Wallabies centre, Tim Horan, said.

We have precisely 0 players who can play traditional 7 currently if you think Robshaw or wood would be first choice 7

Last edited by anonmattyt on Fri 10 May 2013, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:21 pm

Saull Neil back stature did not mean ability wise.

Good player only 24 but needs to come back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:32 pm

Got to be gutted Chris.

Ryan a tidy coach who ran out of ideas at glos but will be better for his experience since.

Ryan has sacked Nigel redman the ex bath second row who he hated as a player and said was worse England cap of a generation.

Loved to have seen them meeting.
Ryan was young when he said it but still funny stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 11:32 pm

Link Chris sorry http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,3823_8703583,00.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next