The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clermont v Munster

+56
logie28
majesticimperialman
westisbest
Allty
lostinwales
mankiaow
clivemcl
Rory_Gallagher
maestegmafia
asoreleftshoulder
thebluesmancometh
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Feckless Rogue
tatterd
bsando
Looseheaded
Ozzy3213
wales606
wolfball
Gibson
Thomond
Portnoy's Complaint
LeinsterFan4life
ME-109
Sin é
dublin_dave
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Golden
Gretgael1
MDB
Artful_Dodger
Notch
The Boss
Don Alfonso
Kingshu
RuggerRadge2611
LondonTiger
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Jenifer McLadyboy
profitius
red_stag
Intotouch
brennomac
ChequeredJersey
debaters1
whocares
Mickado
beshocked
SecretFly
GunsGerms
VinceWLB
Standulstermen
Taffineastbourne
rodders
sensisball
BlueMuff
60 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Clermont v Munster - Page 8 Empty Clermont v Munster

Post by BlueMuff Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:48 am

First topic message reminder :

27 Apr 2013 - Stade de la Mosson in Montpellier 5pm

Munster: F Jones; K Earls, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; R O’Gara, C Murray; D Kilcoyne, M Sherry, BJ Botha; D Ryan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell, J Coughlan. Replacements: D Varley, W du Preez, J Ryan, B Holland, P Butler, C Sheridan, I Keatley, D Hurley.

ASM team:

1.Domingo, 2.Kayser, 3.Zirakashvili, 4.Cudmore, 5.Hines, 6.Bonnaire©️, 7.Bardy, 8.Chouly, 9.Parra, 10.James, 11.Nalaga, 12.Fofana, 13.King, 14.Sivivatu, 15.Byrne.

Remplaçants : 16.Paulo, 17.Debaty, 18.Ric, 19.Pierre, 20.Lapandry, 21.Radosavljevic, 22.Buttin, 23.Nakaitaci ou Skrela.

Munster have not a snowballs chance in hell of winning this in all reality. Clermont are on something of a destiny mission to win the HC after being the nearly men for 4 years. Heartbreaking defeat to Leinster last year in the semi final will be the extra motivation not that they need it.

They are unbeaten in 59 games at the Stade Marcel Michelin (albeit not playing there this weekend but are still the home team), just hammered Toulouse 37 12 and even managed to draw away to Toulon the week before 26 26.

They have one of the biggest budgets in European Rugby if not the biggest. So much so they were able to rest 12 of the HC QF team against Toulouse. Power, pace agression all over the park. Only positive is that Rougerie and Brock James are doubtful.

Munster will probably name same team that beat Quins (unless Dougie and Earls are back which looks unlikely).

A massive invasion of the Red Amry is underway with Munster looking for 5,000 tickets (double that of Leinster request last year Very Happy ) and with Sponsors etc it might be even more than that.

Time to unleash the Dogs of War - C'Mon Munster SUAF

Last edited by BlueMuff on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Munster team named)

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Clermont v Munster - Page 8 Empty Re: Clermont v Munster

Post by SecretFly Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:If the Lions are hell bent on taking a kicking 10 Wilko would be a better option than Farrell and O'Gara on current form.

Kicking for position instinctively and slipping through players with sneaky kicks.... not just kicking formal 'hush-time' penalties and conversions though?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:19 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:If the Lions are hell bent on taking a kicking 10 Wilko would be a better option than Farrell and O'Gara on current form.

Farrell's kicking stats are slightly better than Wilkinson's this year.

76% to 72%. I think that's just the Heino though, Jonny's season stats are probably better than that.

I can't resist, neither compare to Ian Madigan's 2013 rate of 95%.

theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

Gatts is the kind of coach who would not tolerate ROG's defense tbh. Can't see ROG even getting called up if there are injuries, guys like Biggar, Madigan and Wilko will be ahead of him

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:21 am

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Gatts is the kind of coach who would not tolerate ROG's defense tbh. Can't see ROG even getting called up if there are injuries, guys like Biggar, Madigan and Wilko will be ahead of him

Don't expect him to get a call either but just questioning the idea of his kicking being the part that will keep him off the plane. No, it won't be the kicking but just that lack of driving physicality in attack and physical frailty in defence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

There were two occassions when ROG had his outside pass cut off and wouldn't take the ball in himself and so kicked it away almost in panic. Clermont countered well enough on both opportunities. That is the kind of thing that means he simply can not play way up there at the top

Edit: on both occassions he was on the Clermont 22.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

BlueMuff wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Show me a game in the 6n that came close to that game. There is nothing like HC knockout rugby.

Couldn't agree more 6n has gone stale needs bonus point or a new format! Hc is tops for attacking rugby passion colour and atmosphere!

Clermont fans were unreal yesterday

Thats why the Six Nations can't compare to the Heineken Cup for me- forget the on-pitch stuff, never in a million years would you see the same passion in the stands at an Ireland vs France test match. Not even close from either side!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:05 pm

Notch wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Show me a game in the 6n that came close to that game. There is nothing like HC knockout rugby.

Couldn't agree more 6n has gone stale needs bonus point or a new format! Hc is tops for attacking rugby passion colour and atmosphere!

Clermont fans were unreal yesterday

Thats why the Six Nations can't compare to the Heineken Cup for me- forget the on-pitch stuff, never in a million years would you see the same passion in the stands at an Ireland vs France test match. Not even close from either side!

+1

If that was a million different colours then the six nations is a dull grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

HC attracts people who watch rugby all year. International attracts people who might be able to name three players in their National side but still buy the tickets to 'cheer on' their Nation.

Having said that...the lack of passion at International in Ireland in recent years can't really be blamed on the 'fans' so much. You have to give a crowd something to cheer about, something to be excited about, something to look forward to.

Munster (and other Provinces and clubs in Europe) do that in buckets. They want to die for their fans and the fans sense it, love it and it becomes a two way communciation. The fans help the players achieve the levels needed for the passion to take over and the passion on the field keeps the fans adrenalinised.

Look at the difference between Wales and Regions. Wales give the goods the Welsh fans expect to see the goods and therefore are more than willing, ready and able to be that passionate vocal support. Regions????

It shouldn't be either/or. That saddens me to think people expect the either/or scenario. It can be both - players have to help fans see it as both.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

Agree. Irish sports fans are the best in the world, but you have to give them something to be proud of, no matter what the results are.

Hopefully there'll be a new era soon.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

Sin É and Bluemuff...

What can I say...we had them and they new it....bloody hell and all that. Even at half time they were worried...

Same old failings this year...failure to convert, too many turnovers. Both POC and POM were clearly not 100% fit even though they both put in the hard yards in the second half. We missed DOC for the last 10 - 20.

Owens wasn't flavour of the month but he ref'd as he always does...probably a little too quick in the first half against us and he seemed to let the mauls turn into free for alls. Still though funniest moment was him lecturing Parra for about 5 minutes after he threw the ball at TOD looking for a penalty...Parra looked like the proverbial schoolboy...

ROG was imperious (clearly based on the lack of comments on here and some gormless twerps trying to have a go at him)...

Just to note the mealymouthed good lucks to Munster....some of the blue rinsed and lulster brigade were clearly being sick in their cornflakes at the thought of Munster making the final....seasons over as far as I am concerned...good luck to the second and third provinces in Ireland in the losers competitions.... Cool

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:01 pm

Wink Love it. I'd say it was a cracker of a weekend.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm

It was RS...only got back today...got the juices flowing again...time to dust off the travel bag for next year (first trip since the 08 final).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:11 pm

Never mind that DOD, dip into the piggy bank and come out on the Lions Tour!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm

red_stag wrote:Never mind that DOD, dip into the piggy bank and come out on the Lions Tour!

You're kidding. It was mildly interesting against NZ and SA...against oz its a veritable snorefest

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

DOD wrote:
red_stag wrote:Never mind that DOD, dip into the piggy bank and come out on the Lions Tour!

You're kidding. It was mildly interesting against NZ and SA...against oz its a veritable snorefest

Only Heineken Cup Rugby is better. You'll love it. Not just about the Test Matches but the whole Tour.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:32 pm

DOD wrote:Sin É and Bluemuff...

What can I say...we had them and they new it....bloody hell and all that. Even at half time they were worried...

Same old failings this year...failure to convert, too many turnovers. Both POC and POM were clearly not 100% fit even though they both put in the hard yards in the second half. We missed DOC for the last 10 - 20.

Owens wasn't flavour of the month but he ref'd as he always does...probably a little too quick in the first half against us and he seemed to let the mauls turn into free for alls. Still though funniest moment was him lecturing Parra for about 5 minutes after he threw the ball at TOD looking for a penalty...Parra looked like the proverbial schoolboy...

ROG was imperious (clearly based on the lack of comments on here and some gormless twerps trying to have a go at him)...

Just to note the mealymouthed good lucks to Munster....some of the blue rinsed and lulster brigade were clearly being sick in their cornflakes at the thought of Munster making the final....seasons over as far as I am concerned...good luck to the second and third provinces in Ireland in the losers competitions.... Cool
Grow up DOD I was cheering on Munster just as much as Leinster. If you want a rivalry where both sets of fans hate each other maybe you should start following soccer.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

You must have been very lonely then

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:53 pm

Actually DOD I like to see myself as Mulster fan in such occasions.... thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:17 pm

DOD wrote:You must have been very lonely then

What a bitter old bollix you are.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:56 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

har har....you forgot twisted.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 01 May 2013, 11:39 am

DOD wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

har har....you forgot twisted.

Maybe bollix was a bit harsh but certainly bitter seems accurate.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 May 2013, 11:52 am

Bitter is an ingredient that's often plentiful on these boards. I wouldn't exactly single out ol' DOD.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 01 May 2013, 12:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:Bitter is an ingredient that's often plentiful on these boards. I wouldn't exactly single out ol' DOD.

Why not?

"Just to note the mealymouthed good lucks to Munster....some of the blue rinsed and lulster brigade were clearly being sick in their cornflakes at the thought of Munster making the final....seasons over as far as I am concerned...good luck to the second and third provinces in Ireland in the losers competitions.... "
-DOD

Seems unnecessarly bitter to me.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 01 May 2013, 12:33 pm

Ridiculous thing to say DOD. I was cheering for Munster even though I felt Clermont deserved it more.

The fact that you think "lulster" supporters wouldn't cheer on the only Irish team left in the HCup says a lot about you. Were you cheering for Leinster in 09 and 11 and 12? Were you supporting Ulster after they beat you in the 1/4 last year?

If you were, excellent. If you weren't..........well......

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 01 May 2013, 12:59 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Bitter is an ingredient that's often plentiful on these boards. I wouldn't exactly single out ol' DOD.

Why not?

"Just to note the mealymouthed good lucks to Munster....some of the blue rinsed and lulster brigade were clearly being sick in their cornflakes at the thought of Munster making the final....seasons over as far as I am concerned...good luck to the second and third provinces in Ireland in the losers competitions.... "
-DOD

Seems unnecessarly bitter to me.

Oh yeah...that's bitter. I didn't say bitter didn't exist. I said it can be quite common on these pages.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 01 May 2013, 10:20 pm

That's why I don't take a slice of lemon with my G&T....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 01 May 2013, 10:46 pm

I wanted Clermont to win, but only in so much as results affected our seeding for next year. Munster and Leinster both winning their European comps would have meant Biarritz qualifying, bumping us down a tier. Meaning we could draw ASM, Toulon etc. Had the Amlin results worked out that we would be second tier anyway (i.e. Leinster losing) I would have been supporting Munster.

I think one of the most joyous days I had during Ulsters long years in the wasteland was Munsters win over Biarritz in 2006. Real dancing around the living room stuff, magic. In those days the relationship between Munster and Ulsters fans wasn't so 'fractious'. Now we're a threat to them, all bets are off!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 01 May 2013, 10:51 pm

Notch wrote:I wanted Clermont to win, but only in so much as results affected our seeding for next year. Munster and Leinster both winning their European comps would have meant Biarritz qualifying, bumping us down a tier. Meaning we could draw ASM, Toulon etc. Had the Amlin results worked out that we would be second tier anyway (i.e. Leinster losing) I would have been supporting Munster.

I think one of the most joyous days I had during Ulsters long years in the wasteland was Munsters win over Biarritz in 2006. Real dancing around the living room stuff, magic. In those days the relationship between Munster and Ulsters fans wasn't so 'fractious'. Now we're a threat to them, all bets are off!

You aren't seen as a threat....sorry to burst your bubble....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 01 May 2013, 10:52 pm

But at least you were honest...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 02 May 2013, 11:03 am

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Ridiculous thing to say DOD. I was cheering for Munster

Me too, except when ROG had the ball and then I started cheering ASM ..... Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8