The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather the best ever?

+14
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
owen10ozzy
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
hogey
joeyjojo618
Rowley
azania
hazharrison
Strongback
mark_england
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Floyd Mayweather the best ever? - Page 2 Empty Floyd Mayweather the best ever?

Post by mark_england Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 am

First topic message reminder :

I think history will remember him more fondly than he's actually viewed now, basically we'll realise how good he was when he isn't fighting anymore.

I personally think he's the best fighter ever. At the end of the day, Boxing goes down to not getting hit yourself, and hitting the other opponent. Floyd is the master of this; very accurate with his shots, and doesn't get hit himself. That's perfection is it not?

Castillo x2, Corrales, Gatti, Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Cotto. Probably the most impressive names on his record, few hall of famers in there, as well as some hard, tough fighters. Castillo gave him a tough fight in the first, but I'd still say Floyd won, DLH started off well, but I actually thought Floyd won that pretty comfortably, the crowd screaming when Oscar's shots weren't even landing blinkered some people's views. The rest of them on that list, all decent fighters, Floyd just completely outclassed and was on a different level. What other fighter has OUTCLASSED that many good fighters?

Having said this, after beating Guerrero I think he needs one, maybe even 2 more fights to really cement his legacy. Even if it is against a slightly shot Pacquiao, and then against Saul Alvarez. Beat them two, definitely the greatest ever in my opinion.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather the best ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather the best ever?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

What was Robinson's defining fight????????????

What was Louis defining fight????????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather the best ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather the best ever?

Post by hazharrison Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Probably Turpin II (or Gavilan).

Schmeling II.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Turpin better than DelaHoya ???

Schmelling better than Marquez?????

You're something..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Floyd will never be top 5 due to not fighting asmuch as the old generation, not really his fault but being by far the best hit and not be hit boxer maybe ever and easily since compubox started that has to count for something and if he retires undefeated in 30 months he will and should be in top 10

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:53 pm

So you're ruling Leonard out also ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you're ruling Leonard out also ??
I think the Leonard comparison would be fair if Floyd had wins over equivalent opponents to Hearns, Hagler, and Benitez, all of whom rank in or around the top ten all time lists for the weight he fought them at.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Turpin better than DelaHoya ???

Schmelling better than Marquez?????

You're something..

Dear God, get a hold of yourself man! When have I ever argued that?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Well Gavilan is a better win than anything on Mayweathers record while an ageing Armstrong it has to be said is better than ageing versions of Cotto, Mosley and De La Hoya. Angott is better than anything in his super featherweight and lightweight days.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2