The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbie Deans is a Trojan Kiwi

+12
yappysnap
t1000advancedprototype
Biltong
rainbow-warrior
majesticimperialman
thebluesmancometh
fa0019
disneychilly
Taylorman
GunsGerms
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Robbie Deans is a Trojan Kiwi - Page 2 Empty Robbie Deans is a Trojan Kiwi

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:46 am

First topic message reminder :

Robbie Deans has had his fair share of critics on both sides of the Tasman. His decision not to include Quade Cooper in the Lions squad seems to have been the final straw for Aussie commentator Greg Martin.

Cooper last year criticised Deans for creating a toxic environment and Martin claims that Deans is putting pride before the team and is choosing to snub Cooper because of his comments last year. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/8542231/Deans-wants-to-sabotage-Aussie-rugby

Is this a justified comment or is it a foam-mouthed rant? Is there a conspiracy theory to flood international teams with Kiwi coaches and put key refs in the pocket of the NZRFU to serve NZ's interests and continue our domination of world rugby?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Robbie Deans is a Trojan Kiwi - Page 2 Empty Re: Robbie Deans is a Trojan Kiwi

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 18 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

Sadly they all blend into one another. I get confused as well. Hart was 99 and got spat on at Addington and Deans and Mitchell got it wrong in 2003. 2003 stands out for me for selection issues rather than French mercurial brilliance.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Thu 18 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Robbie Deans has had his fair share of critics on both sides of the Tasman. His decision not to include Quade Cooper in the Lions squad seems to have been the final straw for Aussie commentator Greg Martin.

Cooper last year criticised Deans for creating a toxic environment and Martin claims that Deans is putting pride before the team and is choosing to snub Cooper because of his comments last year. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/8542231/Deans-wants-to-sabotage-Aussie-rugby

Is this a justified comment or is it a foam-mouthed rant? Is there a conspiracy theory to flood international teams with Kiwi coaches and put key refs in the pocket of the NZRFU to serve NZ's interests and continue our domination of world rugby?

Yes. I thought it was just me. I am not alone Yahoo

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 18 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

I fear it may run deeper than that. Players too! Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 18 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Its quite a bit different, Gunsgerms, for a start the All Blacks always have had other alternatives at wing besides Guilford, Moreover, Guilford never came out in the media and said that Hansen's All black organisation as "toxic."

What is probably more relevant is the way that Deans treated Christian Cullen and Andrew Mehrtens.

Yeah but just because Cooper is perceived by fans as the best guy in Australia in his position surely shouldnt absolve him from getting sidelined ala Guildford in NZ.

Even if Guildford was the best winger/fullback in NZ would he still be in the NZ side? I doubt it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

Dagg and Jane got up to mischief just before the semi final last year smoking and drinking. They both played and Dagg set up the first try putting Nonu in the corner. If Guildford were Lomu in 1995 I have a sneaking suspicion forgive and forget would have been the NZRFU policy.

That said, I do commend their handling of the incident. Definitely learnt from Norm Hewett.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:24 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Dagg and Jane got up to mischief just before the semi final last year smoking and drinking. They both played and Dagg set up the first try putting Nonu in the corner. If Guildford were Lomu in 1995 I have a sneaking suspicion forgive and forget would have been the NZRFU policy.

That said, I do commend their handling of the incident. Definitely learnt from Norm Hewett.

Fair enough. Who was that crazy AB Kiwi that got in a bar fight in the UK years ago and got sent home, quit rugby and became a recluse in Australia I think. Should make a movie about that guy.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

If Gatland wins the Lions Tour as coach he would surely have to be favourite for next All Blacks coach?

Winning the English Premiership, Heineken Cup, Air New Zealand Cup, Six Nations and Lions Tour would be a truly remarkable CV for any coach.

If he takes the NZ job I have no doubt that he could add the Tri Nations and Rugby World Cup to the list.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:34 pm

red_stag wrote:If Gatland wins the Lions Tour as coach he would surely have to be favourite for next All Blacks coach?

Winning the English Premiership, Heineken Cup, Air New Zealand Cup, Six Nations and Lions Tour would be a truly remarkable CV for any coach.

If he takes the NZ job I have no doubt that he could add the Tri Nations and Rugby World Cup to the list.

Eh 3 six nations championships and 3 English premiership championships and the Amlin too. Very impressive CV.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:15 pm

Keith Murdoch GG. Speculation he spawned Rupert. Whistle

Will be interesting to see when Gatland returns to NZ. He will need a Super team to get the job probably if he wants to stake his claim for the AB job. He doesn't have many friends in the NZRFU.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:27 pm

Thanks.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

Taylorman wrote:Is it Deans that treated merts and Cullen that way or Mitchell laurie?
Honestly cannot recall...

Deans, the set up was that Mitchell ran the forwards and Deans ran the backs, Deans bought in Ben Atiga over Cullen, when everyone realised that it was a major cockup, Mitchell took the fall for it because he was the head coach.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2