The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the next heavyweight champion be British?

+16
bhb001
RichC101
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
hampo17
eddyfightfan
sweet_pea
Boxtthis
hogey
TheMackemMawler
Lance
John Bloody Wayne
RanjitPatel
88Chris05
azania
winchester
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can the next heavyweight champion be British? Empty Can the next heavyweight champion be British?

Post by winchester Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:28 am

I think Fury or Price can be heavyweight champions. I dont rate Wladimir Klitschko highly. Hes better against smaller fighters but he wouldnt have any size or strength advantage over Price and Fury and his chin is dodgy so they will fancy their chances. It might be controversial but I honestly think Price and Fury would knock Wladimir Klitschko out if they fought.

I dont know what to make of Haye. I was certain he would beat Wladimir Klitschko before they fought but he just didnt look to be BIG enough when they fought. I think he is too small to be a real heavyweight champion unfortuantely. Or do people think that his toe injury had a big say in why he lost? He seemed strangley cautious in the fight compared to other fights. Price and Fury are alot bigger than Haye and would be better suited to fight Wladimir.

Does anyone think these fights can happen soon?

winchester

Back to top Go down

Can the next heavyweight champion be British? Empty Re: Can the next heavyweight champion be British?

Post by azania Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 am

Wlad would beat Price in no time. A timely gaze at his chin is all it will take. Fury will take a little longer before he is out cold. As for Haye, I don't want to see another at the world's backward running record again. Wlad is a damn good fighter with a ramrod jab, wonderful control of distance and sublime footwork.

azania

Back to top Go down

Can the next heavyweight champion be British? Empty Re: Can the next heavyweight champion be British?

Post by winchester Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 am

I dont think Wladimir Klitschko is really a knock out style of fighter. He uses his size to just pick away at smaller opponents but Price and Fury would match him for size and are more aggressive fighters. I think they would be able to bully Wladimir with their size and they have the kind of power that I think Wlad fears. They are to big to just jab away at like he did to Haye.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:45 am

I find it hard to reconcile myself with your theory that Fury's aggression is going to upset Wladimir, winchester. Fury was cautious and safety-first against 'Kingpin' Johnson, who turned in a pretty average performance himself. I think the way to beat Wladimir is to get inside, but that's not really Fury's game (as you'd expect for a man who stands 6'9" with an 86" reach!) and, regardless of size, he's just not good enough to outbox Wladimir at mid range or at distance.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 am

As soon as Wlad opens up on either it would be all over. They're just not in his league, and never will be.
I think Price can come back from his defeat and Fury has talent but not enough to beat Wlad unfortunately and Price will never be ready to beat him either.
Shame but Haye is the best we have and Wlads already beaten him. Hope Haye does give it a go and gets to mandatory as I feel he's got the best chance even if its slim.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am

Having studied Vitali v Reid, Price has been practicing spinning back kicks.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am

the fact that you thought Haye would beat Wlad and came nowhere near means you should be asking yourself if in fact you are under appreciating wlads ability winchester? instead you are jumping on the bandwagon of other non hopers and changing the agenda to suit yourself.

wlad has beat a lot of decent fighters over the years, its only he and his brother that have made them look so poor. price was out of his depth with an old tony thompson and look where he got with wlad, even when in shape

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 am

There's nothing wrong with wladimir's chin. He's taken some huge shots and not gone down. He's also taken some huge shots and gone down. No shame in that....this is heavyweight boxing.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am

Price, very unlikely unless he improves his defence massively, though with that much power always has a punchers chance.
Fury no chance in my opinion no power, average at best speed and i dont think his chin will prove any better than Price judging by his reaction to being hit by powder puff punchers like Chisora and Panjec.
Haye is the only one with a real chance he would probably stop Vitali now, but can only beat Wlad if he is prepared to take chances and let his hands go which would probably mean ending up flat on the canvas himself.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 am

i'm afraid I agree that Haye is the best we have, and we all saw what happened there. Although Tyson is looking in much better shape these days, so looking forward to seeing what he can do against Cunningham. But, still, I don't him beating Wlad ever. He'd maybe be tough enough to last the distance, but he'd be outpointed heavily.

Last edited by Boxtthis on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 am

winchester wrote:I dont think Wladimir Klitschko is really a knock out style of fighter. He uses his size to just pick away at smaller opponents but Price and Fury would match him for size and are more aggressive fighters. I think they would be able to bully Wladimir with their size and they have the kind of power that I think Wlad fears. They are to big to just jab away at like he did to Haye.

You dont have to be a KO style fighter to KO Price especially or Fury imo. Both are very chinny (one more so than the other) and not too difficult to hit. They can't bully Wlad. They have to be able to land in order to bully him and thus far I've seen nothing in either to suggest they will land. Price will be scared of his own shadow.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:55 am

wlad would be much much stronger than both fury and price atm. fury leans a lot, i dont think he'd outmuscle either klitschko
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 am

Fury is simply not talented enough to beat Wlad regardless of how much he learns. People are putting way too much stock on the Wlad that was being bounced around a decade ago. The man is highly killed and would have held his own in any era. Yes he would have lost to Mike Tyson and the like, but he would have beaten Holy and Evan Field.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:24 am

i think fury would be competitive for 4-5 rounds, but wlad is much more athletic and would be able to outwork fury easily, taking over in the second half of the fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 am

As soon as Wlad landed that straight right its over for Price. I went back and watched Price getting stopped in the Olympics and was amazed how easily he got caught with telegraphed punches.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:40 am

hampo171 wrote:As soon as Wlad landed that straight right its over for Price. I went back and watched Price getting stopped in the Olympics and was amazed how easily he got caught with telegraphed punches.

You could say the same about Wladimir Klitschko mate. I dont think Price or Fury would have lost to the kind of journeymen boxers that beat Wladimir. I dont know too much about early boxing history but the concensus seems to be that this is one of the worst times of heavyweight boxing and that Wladimir is a one of the weaker champions the sports had. Ive never been impressed any of the times of watched him really. I think a big heavyweight like Price or Fury would give him fits and knock him out.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 am

Did Klitschko lose to Thompson though. Wlads chin isn't as bad as you're making out, I would suggest you watch the Sanders fight. Wlad took some punishment in that fight and got up. Price took a clip to the ear and wasn't allowed to continue, sorry to say as I'm a fan of Price and Fury but neither are good enough.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:11 am

hampo171 wrote:Did Klitschko lose to Thompson though. Wlads chin isn't as bad as you're making out, I would suggest you watch the Sanders fight. Wlad took some punishment in that fight and got up. Price took a clip to the ear and wasn't allowed to continue, sorry to say as I'm a fan of Price and Fury but neither are good enough.

Styles make fight. From what I have seen Wladimir is very cautious because he knows if someone lands on him he will be knocked out. Especially someone like Price who has extreme size and power. I think Price would just be too strong and aggressive for Wladimir to deal with. I dont think Wlad could cope with the kind of power Price has.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:18 am

You're talking absolute rubbish and can't believe the crap you're writing?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 am

Surely you're on the wind up?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:28 am

I am not winding anyone up, why would I be? I dont think Wladimir is a very good chmpion and he has a very weak chin. I read he has been knocked down 11 times. Price has very impressive power and is one of only a few guys out there that is bigger than Wladimir. Wladimir is cautious boxer who likes to jab away at smaller fighters from far away. He wont be able to do that against Price or Fury because they are larger than him. If either of them land solid punches on Wladimir then its inneviteable he will be knocked. His hope is that he can jab away and avoid them but to do that for 12 rounds is extremelly difficult. I dont think Wlaimir could manage it.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 am

So Tony Thompson is better than Wlad?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 am

Have you only read about Wladimir? Did you see Prices last fight?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 am

I get the feeling a crisp jab from Wlad might total price

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:26 am

ShahenshahG wrote:I get the feeling a crisp jab from Wlad might total price

It wouldn't even take that. A calculated stare would be enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by RichC101 Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 am

This surely has to be a wind up?

Wlad lost a few earlier in his career by quite bad KOs but Sanders was more than a journeyman and he avenged the defeat to Lamon Brewster, every boxer can have an off night, Lewis was sparked by Rahman and came back from that and he was dealt with in 2 by Oliver McCall, on that basis would you pick Price to KO Lewis?

Also Mariusz Wach while incredibly limited stands around 6'8" and Wlad was untroubled by his size. I think you're heavily underrating Wlad, especially since Steward took him under his wing he's been an incredibly dominant force. Even now Steward has passed on Wlad has learnt all he needs to from their time together and I don't see him losing to anyone until he retires, aside from perhaps Vitali but I imagine that at this stage if they were to fight big bro's age would be too much of a factor.

RichC101

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:04 pm

The only way that the next heavyweight champion is British is if haye can get a "title shot" without fighting either of the K bros. They are both in different leagues to anyone else out their at present and I don't see anyone coming up to change that

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 am

It think alot of you are overestimating Wladimir Klitschkos ability. He has alot of weaknesses. Although he is a big heavyweight he is not strong and has a glass chin. I dont think he would be physically able to stand up to Price or Fury. He is better suited to fighting smaller boxers where he can jab away at them from a distance. I believe this is why he beat David Haye. It was a question of size and reach as much as anything. He wouldnt have those advantages over Price or Fury. In heavyweight boxing anyone can knock out anyone so nothing is a foregone conclusion but Wladimir is particularly vulnerable and have been knocked down many times in the past by fighters who are not as good as Price or Fury. I dont think his jab jab jab style would work on them because they would be able to bully him. He would need to knock them out quickly because he wouldnt be able last 12 rounds of jabbing away at them but his style is not suited to that. He is a boxer that wants to box safely and not run the risk of being knocked out.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 am

Price can't stand up to wlad's victim. He is head and shoulders above those two.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:46 am

Don't be ridiculous, Wlad is very strong, very quick and intelligent, hes also a serious puncher. His chin might not win him many ATG match ups buts its good enough to put up with Furys power at least and price would be out cold in the first round if the Thompson fight is anything to go by. He's also got a left hook that can knock an opponent out clean if only he decides to throw it. Either Fury or price would have no chance and its daft to say that a guy who got dropped and another who was knocked senseless by punches that don't even match up to WK jab would beat him.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 am

winchester wrote:It think alot of you are overestimating Wladimir Klitschkos ability. He has alot of weaknesses. Although he is a big heavyweight he is not strong and has a glass chin. I dont think he would be physically able to stand up to Price or Fury. He is better suited to fighting smaller boxers where he can jab away at them from a distance. I believe this is why he beat David Haye. It was a question of size and reach as much as anything. He wouldnt have those advantages over Price or Fury. In heavyweight boxing anyone can knock out anyone so nothing is a foregone conclusion but Wladimir is particularly vulnerable and have been knocked down many times in the past by fighters who are not as good as Price or Fury. I dont think his jab jab jab style would work on them because they would be able to bully him. He would need to knock them out quickly because he wouldnt be able last 12 rounds of jabbing away at them but his style is not suited to that. He is a boxer that wants to box safely and not run the risk of being knocked out.

Laugh
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 am

Going to have to agree to disagree on this one I think. I dont see what it is thats so great about Wladimir Klitschko. He is a cautious boxer that jabs away from distance because he is scared to take a punch. Price lost his last fight but the style of boxer he was up against was very different to Wladimir Klitschko. He was agressive against Price and fought him up close. Not cautious and jabbing away weakly from a distance. He was also able to absorb some of Prices punches which would have Wladimir Klitschko knocked out or badly hurt at the start. Fury is a big, strng unbeaten heavyweight and is better than the boxers that have knocked Wladimir Klitschko out in the past. Both guys would be too big and aggressive for the more timid style of Wladimir. He would try to jab them at a distance but they would be be able to overpower them because they are bigger. Fingers crossed they get the opportunity to box Wladimir though because I really do think they would knock him out. If not I will be happy to admit Im wrong!

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:07 am

What's so great about Price when he's getting knocked out by a cuffing shot from Wlad victim Tony Thompson?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 am

"I am accidently champion, I accidently knock out 49 of my victims"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:44 am

Something makes me think you only started watching boxing this week. What makes you think either of those would be able to land a punch on Klitschko. Neither Price or Fury have stopped anyone remotely world level, and when Price landed a right hand on Thompson he took it with little trouble.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

hampo171 wrote:Something makes me think you only started watching boxing this week. What makes you think either of those would be able to land a punch on Klitschko. Neither Price or Fury have stopped anyone remotely world level, and when Price landed a right hand on Thompson he took it with little trouble.

Ive watched boxing on and off since the 80s. To tell the truth I dont watch as much of it now as I used to but I am just going off what I have witnessed so far. Wladimir Klitschko strikes me as an average heavyweight, but then heavyweights have been average for years now. Anytime I have watched him box its the same. He jabs away at his opponent at a great distance and takes no risks. There were plenty of clips of him being knocked out and floored by journeyman level fighters when he was fighting Haye and I will admit I thought Haye would beat him. After watching the fight my conclusion was not that Wladimir was a great boxer, but that he was just too big and tall for Haye. He could potshot him from a distance without risking being hit back. Our other heavyweights Price and Fury are a different kettle of fish all together. They are much bigger and stronger than Haye is. They would not be kept at bay by Wladimirs timid jabbing. They would be physically too big and strong for Wladimir. I dont believe Wladimir could get away with just jabbing at them for 12 full rounds. They will get to him as lesser fighters have before them and when they do Wladimir will crumble. Price was knocked out by a boxer that was agressive at him while Fury has not to my knowledge been knocked out ever. Wladimir has been knocked out several times by comparison and he is not the aggressive sort of boxer that would knock Price or Fury out. He approaches fights the same way which is very cautiously.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 am

If Wlad is average, the Brits are way below average. Wlad beats Fury and Price on the same show with time to give Haye another beating.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 am

You're overrating Fury and Price. Price is good going forward but has no defence, Thimpson was not aggresive either. He threw one meaningful shot in 2 rounds and stopped him. Fury is similar, good going forward, better defence but not great.

Wlad is a master of taking away what his opponents do well. Price would want to throw the jab right hand, as soon as he threw that first jab he would be tagged with Wlads ramrod jab. Fury would be jabbed to death as well.

Both fighters are good going forward but I would put my mortgage on it that against Wlad they would fight on the back foot.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:07 am

With a poor defence and china chin, Price has no chance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 am

hampo171 wrote:You're overrating Fury and Price. Price is good going forward but has no defence, Thimpson was not aggresive either. He threw one meaningful shot in 2 rounds and stopped him. Fury is similar, good going forward, better defence but not great.

Wlad is a master of taking away what his opponents do well. Price would want to throw the jab right hand, as soon as he threw that first jab he would be tagged with Wlads ramrod jab. Fury would be jabbed to death as well.

Both fighters are good going forward but I would put my mortgage on it that against Wlad they would fight on the back foot.

Well we agree on something. Price and Fury are good offensive fighters. This is why I think they would beat Wladimir Klitschko. Against an aggressive opponent, Price or Fury might get knocked out. After all its heavyweights boxing. But against someone as timid and ponderous as Wladimir Klitschko who just wants to jab jab jab from a position of safety and does not seek to knock out his opponent in an aggressive manner then this is where he comes undone. He wont meet fire with fire because I think hes afraid to take a punch.Fury and Price are big strong heavyweights that will carry the fight to him which simply does not suit Wladimirs tactic of trying to win a fight as safetly as possible from a distance.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 am

winchester wrote:I dont think Wladimir Klitschko is really a knock out style of fighter. He uses his size to just pick away at smaller opponents but Price and Fury would match him for size and are more aggressive fighters. I think they would be able to bully Wladimir with their size and they have the kind of power that I think Wlad fears. They are to big to just jab away at like he did to Haye.

His 51 KO's in 59 wins suggest otherwise, you don't have to blow guys out of the water in round 1 like Tyson to be a KO artist. I've read from trainers and fighters a like that Wlad was the hardest puncher they ever faced. Price has power to trouble Wladimir, i don't think Furys in the same park for power, he certainly doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Brewster or Sanders.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 am

Wlad is a better offensive fighter than the pair of them. Compared to Wlad, both guys are simply offensive.

Wlad is anything but ponderous. He has terrific footwork and the best jab at the weight since Holmes. Fury and Price may be big and strong. If this were a weightlifting contest then perhaps. As this is boxing, skill matters. Wlad is more skilled that either of them will ever be.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 am

azania wrote:Wlad is a better offensive fighter than the pair of them. Compared to Wlad, both guys are simply offensive.

Wlad is anything but ponderous. He has terrific footwork and the best jab at the weight since Holmes. Fury and Price may be big and strong. If this were a weightlifting contest then perhaps. As this is boxing, skill matters. Wlad is more skilled that either of them will ever be.

Well styles make fights as they say. Wladimir Klitschko might be better at jabbing away at the smaller guys like Haye than Price and Fury would. They are more aggressive and take more risks so a smaller boxer like Haye would have more chance of getting at them. But put Wladimir in against bigger, stronger fighters and I think he he gets found out. The record books show he has been knocked out and floored many times before by fighters who would not be in the same league or size as Price or Fury. Somebody with Prices power or Furys strength I think would really force Wladimir into retreat and just doesnt suit his style at all.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:15 am

winchester wrote:
azania wrote:Wlad is a better offensive fighter than the pair of them. Compared to Wlad, both guys are simply offensive.

Well styles make fights as they say. Wladimir Klitschko might be better at jabbing away at the smaller guys like Haye than Price and Fury would. They are more aggressive and take more risks so a smaller boxer like Haye would have more chance of getting at them. But put Wladimir in against bigger, stronger fighters and I think he he gets found out. The record books show he has been knocked out and floored many times before by fighters who would not be in the same league or size as Price or Fury. Somebody with Prices power or Furys strength I think would really force Wladimir into retreat and just doesnt suit his style at all.

Wach was taller, stronger and had some power. Wlad dealt with him easily.

Serious question. Price has just been sparked. Fury is average at best in comparison to Wlad. Are you a wum? Because this is seriously silly stuff you're writing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 am

2 questions

1. Why did Price lose to Thompson?
2. Does history actually show that Wlad struggles against bigger fighters?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by RichC101 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 am

1. Because he can't take a punch? Or if you believe him, it was a lucky punch that took away his equilibrium.
2. No

RichC101

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 am

Its heavyweight boxing, so if you get hit by a big shot then you run the risk of being knocked out. Price has been knocked out but he was knocked out by an experienced fighter. Wladimir has been knocked out by worse fighters himself. I am basing my prediction on the way the two fighters approach a fight. Price looks to knock his opponent out quickly using his size and power. He takes risks and in his last fight he got caught. Wladimirs approach is to stay as far away from opponents as possible and just jab away at them in rather timid fashion. Price and Fury are bigger than Wladimir and I do not think Wladimir could pot shot them for a whole fight. Sooner or later Price or Fury will get to him and its not in Wladimirs style to trade punches. He needs to be far away from his opponent because he knows if he gets hit he will be knocked out. What you have is a very cautious boxer thats afraid to go for a knockout in case he gets knocked out himself. It leads to a very dull spectacle against smaller fighters who cant get close to him. But I suspect from what I have seen so far that Price and Fury would not have the same difficulty getting to Wladimir. They are too big, strong and aggressive for Wladimirs predictable gameplan based of jabbing from a distance. Wladimirs been knocked out 3 times already by boxers that are not as good as Price or Fury so I think there is a very good chance Price or Fury could beat him.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 am

picard

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

Come on now, Winchester - it's all getting a bit daft here.

Price has been fighting in non-stop forward mode and letting shots go left, right and centre because, up until he faced Thompson, he had licence to do as he pleased given the competition he was facing. I'm pretty sure Wladimir, likewise, could come wading in with no regard for defence had he been taking on the likes of Audley, Skelton and a disgracefully out of shape McDermott since he became champion.

No upright fighter like Price, particularly when they haven't yet proven themselves beyond domestic level, is beating Wladimir any time soon, unfortunately for you.

The same old lines were rolled out about Lennox Lewis. "He's too reliant on size", "he fights scared too often behind his jab" and so on. Wladimir's not quite as good as Lennox, but just like him he matches up supremely well against other 'giant' Heavyweights who try and fight at range.

It wasn't the tall, super-heavy fellas like Grant, Akinwande or Tucker who gave Lewis at his peak fits in general, but rather the shorter, inside fighters who came in low and got under that jab. Mercer beat him, for me, Holyfield gave him plenty to think about in their second fight, Rahman pushed him back and got in close enough to land the killer blow etc. Lewis himself knew what he was vulnerable against, hence why he shut up shop against the short, aggressive inside fighter Tua not long after making mince meat out of Grant, a fighter much closer in mould to Price and Fury.

Anyway, I'm sure that was a wasted few minutes of my life, but hey ho.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Winchester,

Wlad hasn't got an Iron Chin but it's far better than you're implying.

Tiredness effects durability and it's evident that exhaustion contributed to some of Wlad's visits to the canvass.

People with Glass Jaws are KO'd.

If Wlad's chin was so bad - he would have been KO'd by now, but he hasn't! He's always beat the count and been TKO'd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49ajiQMiqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qtcyv4ZP8

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next