The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...?

+14
bsando
Notch
lostinwales
Artful_Dodger
GunsGerms
mckay1402
LordDowlais
asoreleftshoulder
thebluesmancometh
robbo277
Tattie Scones RRN
Dontheman
kiakahaaotearoa
maestegmafia
18 posters

Go down

What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...? Empty What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...?

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:08 pm

Its not over yet but the Fat lady is getting changed and gargling her Listerine.

There have been some superb moments despite some pedantic and inaccurate refereeing, tight defences and pragmatic tactical games. We will remember the highlights not the low lights in years to come. Hopefully we haven't seen the best yet, but we have seen some of the good stuff already.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...? Empty Re: What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...?

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:16 pm

Stuart Hogg's jinking run post interception against Italy, Alex Cuthbert's sublime line in the second half in Rome, Simon Zebo's chip/back heel and take vs Wales, Manu's solo run in to close another bad day for France, Sergio Parisse's pace and line vs France on the opening day.

But in a French team where their infamous flare was spurned, players failing to live up to their billing, stars fading faster than the 80 minutes the game consumes. Wesley Fofana beating six men after a cheeky scissors with Bastereux to touch done at Twickenham against an England team in rude form was magic.

Great to see some individual brilliance

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...? Empty Re: What is your best moment of the Six Nations so far this year...?

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm

Most of the good stuff came on the opening weekend. Not sure if that was a curse because it makes the rest of the tournament seem threadbare in terms of highlights. The Scotland Wales match was one of the most frustrating spectacles I have ever seen. The attack seems to have gone out of many teams. Is this an indication of games being tighter or is there a fear of chancing your arm in case you make a mistake?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:32 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Most of the good stuff came on the opening weekend. Not sure if that was a curse because it makes the rest of the tournament seem threadbare in terms of highlights. The Scotland Wales match was one of the most frustrating spectacles I have ever seen. The attack seems to have gone out of many teams. Is this an indication of games being tighter or is there a fear of chancing your arm in case you make a mistake?

Nothing for you then mate?

RE your point about the other matches, I think the refereeing has been atrociously un-empathetic with the game played. Last Week Joubert awarded an insane amount of penalties for the silliest things. Early shoves awarding penalties instantly rather than giving a reset and a chance for the forwards to get used to the rhythm of his call as just one example.

Hense wanting to focus on the good points, the great scrums we have seen, the sublime line outs, turnovers, tackles and moments of individual brilliance.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:42 pm

The opening weekend has been great I said. Fofana's try and it's been more the character of sides than their performances for most of the rest. Maybe the first round spoiled me but I haven't been enamoured with the games since then. Not in highlights in any event.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

Wales fightback 2nd half against Ireland. Adam's destruction of Italian scrum defo MOM IMHO. Biggar/North try. Sam's work on the ground v Scotland. Italy's 2nd half against England.

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:43 pm

A Welsh girl sitting on some sick in the Three Sisters last weekend.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

Hopefully an England fan's moment of the tournament is still to come! But so far the win in Ireland has to be up there. Having Haskell binned and letting Ireland get back to 6-6 could and perhaps should have been curtains for England, but to score 6 points while down to 14 men and then close the game out showed real character, even if it wasn't the prettiest of matches.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:52 pm

Fofana's try v England was up there with the best we've seen since the world cup IMHO

Watching Benvenutti and Vendetti being destructive against France and England.

Norths try at the end of a tight affair.

Vendittis try v England

Anything involving Parisse or Picamoles!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:55 pm

Italy's opening weekend victory against France should live long in the memory as well. Italy were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved their win. It's good to see that they may have finally "arrived", although they rely heavily on Parisse and without him are a shadow of the team they are with him.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Fofana's try v England was up there with the best we've seen since the world cup IMHO

Vendittis try v England

Zanni and Parisse combining for their try at the end of the game vs Scotland was sublime, they had a couple of moments against England too. Both such great footballers.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

The 4n was a letdown for me as well. The best games for nz were the last two. Hopefully the 6n ends well and we see teams go back to more of an attacking game. Too much of it has been centered on capitalizing on errors by your opponent rather than creating your own opportunities. Fofana's try stands out for that in the last few games.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Fofana's try v England was up there with the best we've seen since the world cup IMHO

Vendittis try v England

Zanni and Parisse combining for their try at the end of the game vs Scotland was sublime, they had a couple of moments against England too. Both such great footballers.

Parisse plays those little inside ball 3 times per game, and their rate of completion is massively high!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm

For me it has to be BoDs pass for Zebo after 5 minutes of the 1st match,I can't believe the guy can still pull off plays like that so I'm just happy every time I see another one as I know it could be the last.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:09 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Vendittis try v England

Parisse plays those little inside ball 3 times per game, and their rate of completion is massively high!!

Amazing how well an inside ball or a pass out of the tackle has opened teams up so easily this year, even more amazingly how rarely the offload or slip pass has been utilised as a tactic.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm

My best moment this year, and always is every year is listening to Eddie Butler whan he is commentating on France or Itlay, his accent just changes to either French or Italian when he pronounces their names, then we would have Brian Moore by the side of him pronouncing them as he sees them. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

I don't think it has been a vintage year. If you were putting together a greatest 6 nations tries compilation I doubt many from this season would get in...if any.

my favourite moment was Scotland beating Ireland. Wasn't a great game but superb character shown by the blues
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

mckay1402 wrote:I don't think it has been a vintage year. If you were putting together a greatest 6 nations tries compilation I doubt many from this season would get in...if any.

my favourite moment was Scotland beating Ireland. Wasn't a great game but superb character shown by the blues

Many of the greatest games i have ever seen weren't necessarily high scoring.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:17 pm

Fofana's try v England was sublime.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:21 pm

Craig Gilroy rushing out of the line and putting in a massive hit on Halfpenny to stop what would have been a try. Summed up Ireland's defensive effort in that second half against Wales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5YyKBC7Dw

Manic defense from Ireland somehow keeping Wales out.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

Best game England France - best try too (Fofana of course). Very close game with the slow shift from France being on top to England

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:19 pm

Howley and Edwards' missed high five or when Castro flicked the coin on the little boy's head during the coin toss for me.

George North's dad running on was funny too, in the way it turned out (ie wasn't a lunatic).

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:28 pm

The build-up to Heaslips try against France. Just perfectly constructed forward play, great rolling maul to set it up, inch-perfect grubber to the corner, great lineout and the grunt to finish.

Sergio Parisses try against France was great, great support play and great they way they finished off the linebreak. Biggars chip to North for the try that won them the game against France was pretty exquisite too, with the resulting madness (missed high fives, parental pitch invasions etc.) And Fofanas try was a wonderful piece of individual class.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:32 pm

Ireland's ferocious start vs Wales.

Scotland vs Italy

Wales intense attempt at a comeback vs Ireland

Italy's gutsy 2nd half at twickers

Scotland Intense finish vs Ireland at murrayfield

Fofana try vs England

Picamoles every game!

Gray vs botes during Scotland Italy game (hilarious)

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:27 am

Looking at the 1/2p clip makes you realize that even though not successful on the day, the Wales v Ireland 2nd half scores have resulted in them now having a chance to win the title, whereas a lesser team would have gone down by 50 and been out.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:29 am

Vendittis try v England

blues - just a couple of points. Benvenuti was a late replacement for McLean v England. And it was McLean, not Venditti, who scored Italy's try.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:36 am

Parisse.

Whatever he does

If ever there was a more naturally gifted player I can't think of him, maybe Gareth Edwards.....for me he is one of the first players in the All time greats tam along with Edwards, Blanco etc

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:40 am

As others have said Fofana's try against England was amazing try of the tournament so far.

The Zebo heel flick was fantastic, award for best party trick of the tournament?

The atmosphere at the Scotland - Ireland game towards the end was amazing. A thrill to be a part of it.

Finally not sure if this counts but was lucky enough to see the Scotland team run the day before the Ireland game, and got to meet Richie Gray https://twitter.com/glove39/status/306036131512856576 so that's probably been my best 6 Nations moment thus far!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down