The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

+13
Hilds
John Cregan
Duty281
Fernando
GSC
MIG
nasisillmatic
JamesLincs
cherriesfna
Crimey
westisbest
Good Golly I'm Olly
MtotheC
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by MtotheC Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Noticed that a few other clubs have these types of thread so thought it was time us Spurs fans followed suit.

All posters and opinions welcome, please use this as a place to post your spurs news, gossip, pre and post-match discussion, player evaluation and everything else in between.

And the Spurs go marching on....

COYS

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by Crimey Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:06 pm

He's only gone and done it Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:08 pm

I once said Patrick Berger was crap during a Liverpool/Chelsea game in the 90's and he went on to score a hat trick!

That goal should be enough. Out of jail.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm

gallas will clear one off the line on 120 minutes

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Get in there!

I can't believe the score line at the end of 90 tbh, spurs had passed the ball around and moved well, but this persistence with playing a high line has really undone us tonight, especially with gallas's pace!

That goal should kill inter off though.

COYS

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:23 pm

I know Inter need a hero to win this match but bringing Zorro off the bench is a bit extreme!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh dear!!! It's squeaky bum time!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:44 pm

absolute rubbish

4 draws in the group stage
last minute goal to beat lyon in both games
away goal in extra time to beat inter

so much hate for adebayor right now

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 pm

It wouldn't be spurs if we didn't do it the hard way, very happy to be in the draw for last 8 and have a real shot a some sliverwear

I think the writings on the wall of some of the current squad and if we do qualify for the champions league investment is needed in some key areas.

We look so short up top!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Congrats on getting through just a general question why do away goals count in extra time surely 120>90 mins is rather unfair Erm

Nice to see you boys have realized why no one cared when Adebayor/Gallas left us OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:30 am

I've always thought that as well Fernando, but still great to see Spurs get through.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 am

i felt adebayor was our best player when he was here on loan, and i wondered what everyone was talking about, but now i see how lazy he is

James please keep it clean, using stars etc to trick the swear filter is against the house rules

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 am

Am delighted that last night's result has permenantly dispelled the myth of Spurs being a one-man team.....erm, wait a second!

All ribbing aside, you're through and surely in with a decent shout.

North London final anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:54 am

Fernando wrote:Congrats on getting through just a general question why do away goals count in extra time surely 120>90 mins is rather unfair Erm

Nice to see you boys have realized why no one cared when Adebayor/Gallas left us OK

I suppose the thinking is that each team has had 90 mins to play at home, and by giving one team an extra 30 mins at home is unfair on the other team so they allow the away goals rule in ET.............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

JamesLincs wrote:absolute rubbish

4 draws in the group stage
last minute goal to beat lyon in both games
away goal in extra time to beat inter

so much hate for adebayor right now

You seem to be displeased that Spurs didn't beat Lyon more comfortably..............
You also appear displeased that you didn't hammer Inter Milan................

You do realise that you are a Spurs fan and not a Barcelona fan, don't you?!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 am

not at all, im dissapointed that we just arent playing well at all. overcoming lyon and inter is fantastic, but in both games with come within inches and seconds of being eliminated and going out without a whimper.

weve drawn basel who beat zenit and in recent history, beat man united.

im gunna make a prediction and say that winners will be those who progress from the benfica, newcastle tie

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Olly wrote:Still can't believe you didn't sign a striker in January personally. It looks like you're going to get away with it, but I thought that might have been a massive error on your part in the race for 4th

Hmmm looks like it might bit you on the behind
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Disaster of a night for Spurs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Hello Spurs fans?

Sooner you get rid of Adebayor the better
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilds Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Dislike Ade intensely. Even last year he wasn't as good as JD (11 starts, 11 goals).

The biggest problem Ade has is AVB. It looks like Andre picks his team based on form and fitness, so when Ade and Defoe are both fit then JD gets in. Under Harry, it always seemed like he picked the names first (or maybe he picked the ones who gave him the biggest share of their appearance fee and donated it to his dog...)

Sooner Ade goes the better. Would be nice to replace him with Damiao, but I think thats a Levy myth to keep the fans happy. We'll probably sign someone younger and cheaper with a greater resell value (my money is on Connor Wickham from Sunderland)

Hilds

Hilds

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon May 13, 2013 11:48 am

I think you've hot the nail on the head there mate, Damiao is a myth, we've been linked with him for the last 6 windows and the transfer is not any closer to getting done. As much as I want a player of his talent, potentail and class i just dont see Levy putting his hand in his pocket for 20m+ for one player. Liverpool have been linked with him in recent months so if they can do a deal with West Ham to off load big Andy i can see that move happening.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon May 20, 2013 4:38 am

So champions league football is yet again a pipe dream for Spurs after missing out by just 1 point... where did all go wrong this season? What do we have to do to make the CL next season? Can we keep hold of Bale without top European football at the lane?

IMO we lost our form after the home leg against Inter and it never really returned the defeat by Fulham and Draw with Wigan is what ultimately cost us 4th/3rd place this season.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 am

You missed out in January in my opinion MtotheC

I think Bale will leave
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon May 20, 2013 6:06 am

Agree olly another failed transfer window IMO everyone could see that spurs needed a goal scorer with Ady out of form and Defoe injured yet we failed to sign one again. A token effort to engage with damiao to appease the fans. Only have ourselves to blame.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilds Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:59 am

The Fulham game killed us.

Overall tho, it was an encouraging season. I feel better coming out of this one than I did coming out of the last one. Bale will stay, but we need a major striker to break the top 4. I love Defoe, but his time is over, Ade has been so poor this year, we'll do well to give him away. Will be interesting to see who we get as I also think we need a creative midfielder as Dembele is good, but tends to hold the ball too long, which isn't good when you have pacy players looking to make runs in behind. Lot of work to do, and we need to spend around 50m to break the top 4.

Hilds

Hilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

The worrying thing from a Tottenham perspective is that all the clubs around them look prepared to spend big this year. It's all well and good keeping Bale, but you had Bale this year and didn't get top 4 and it's more than likely the clubs around Spurs will get serious investment.

Chelsea will likely spend a lot, Manchester City have already spent £47 million and probably will spend more and Arsenal are also saying they're prepared to spend big.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 am

If Spurs got offered anywhere near 60m-80m reported for Bale, I'd take it for sure. Good player but he isn't going to win a title for Spurs and I think its better to be able to buy five really good players rather than keep one who is going to blow your wage structure anyway.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Paris Saint-Germain want Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas to replace Carlo Ancelotti as their new boss.

Villas-Boas has emerged as the prime candidate after a series of discussions between PSG president Nasser El-Khelaifi and his advisers.

The 35-year-old Spurs coach earned recognition last season for the way he rebuilt his reputation after an ill-fated spell at Chelsea

Apparently AVB has a 10m euro release clause if that's true id expect the following to happen

1) Ancelotti to Real Madrid
2) AVB to PSG
3) Laudrup to Spurs

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm

4. Poyet to Swansea

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Very much doubt it will happen if im honest.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 pm

AVB would be a fool to move on so quickly, that would only be a year at Porto, less than a year at Chelsea and then a year at Tottenham. Better to have a couple of years of success at Spurs and them move on, if that's what he wants.

It is an interesting question of who PSG go for if Ancelotti leaves as expected. Benitez was the person who I'd thought would get it, but he's at Napoli now. I can see PSG moving for Klopp, but I'd be sceptical of him accepting a move to PSG.

Alan Curbishley? Whistle

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Curbishley will only work in the south of France Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 am

Monoca rumoured to be considering an £85 million bid for Ronaldo plus £17 a year wages.

Leaves Madrid free to splash out on Bale!!!!!

Or...as mentoned on numerous other threads, lazy journalism borne of boredom and/or malice

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:54 am

i am rather excited

paulinho in
adebayor going
villa and soldado on the radar.

if we can sign a left back and a centre back, my god we are going to be a force next season

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:43 am

Bale has to go if the offer is 80m + 2 players!

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

AVB losing it...signings average...can't score...just a one man team without the one man...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2