The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

+13
Hilds
John Cregan
Duty281
Fernando
GSC
MIG
nasisillmatic
JamesLincs
cherriesfna
Crimey
westisbest
Good Golly I'm Olly
MtotheC
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread Empty The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:35 pm

Noticed that a few other clubs have these types of thread so thought it was time us Spurs fans followed suit.

All posters and opinions welcome, please use this as a place to post your spurs news, gossip, pre and post-match discussion, player evaluation and everything else in between.

And the Spurs go marching on....

COYS

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread Empty Re: The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:39 pm

First topic of the thread:

Who will be moved on in the summer to make way and generate potential funds for our assault (fingers crossed) on the champions league?

Who's not quite cutting it or needs removing from the wage bill?

Here's a starter for 10.... Tommy Hundred-Stone? David Bentley?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread Empty Re: The official Tottenham Hotspurs News and Discussion Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

Unbeaten in 4 games against the Spurs Cool
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:46 pm

Your certainly seem to be our bogey team at the moment, even when you’re not inform you pull a performance out the bag just for us... how irritating!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:48 pm

Haha I know right even at the start of the season when we had 2 points from 6 games we managed to get a point off you at White Hart Lane haha!

Will never forget Benno's wonder strike on Easter Monday last year. Wilbraham and Ward started that day, how did you not beat us Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:53 pm

Tell me about I was asking myself that question for about two weeks afterwards!

Glad you’re getting the best out of Bassong, I always liked him but it was difficult for seb to break into the side what with King, Dawson, Kaboul, Caulker and Gallas all ahead of him.

What did you think to Harry Kane?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:55 pm

MtotheC wrote:Tell me about I was asking myself that question for about two weeks afterwards!

Glad you’re getting the best out of Bassong, I always liked him but it was difficult for seb to break into the side what with King, Dawson, Kaboul, Caulker and Gallas all ahead of him.

What did you think to Harry Kane?

Bassong is a beast, Hughton seems to get the best out of him for sure.

Harry Kane clearly wasn't ready for the step up. He got injured so never really had a run in the side, but in short flashes I saw of him, you can see he has potential but he needs to learn the trade more, and improve his composure when finishing.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 3:11 pm

I hear Benteke has been linked with Spurs.

Even if we stay up, I think he'll be off.
Done well for us, first premiership season.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

This Dorkins guy, reckon he may become a permanent signing for us.

Only come on a couple of times as sub.
Runs around a bit, thats it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

Benteke would be a very welcome signing art Spurs, if you stay up you could have adebayor in return if you like Whistle

Seriously though Benteke has really impressed me, him alonside defoe or leandro damiao who we are forever linked with would be an ideal situation for me next season.

I can see the Dawkins loan becoming a perm one, potentially a make weight for Bentekkers?!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:40 pm

HTIC sport have an article up detailing five 'wild' transfer rumours surrounding Spurs:

The past few days have seen a raft of extravagant transfer rumours related to Tottenham Hotspur.

The transfer window doesn't open until July, but the talk of transfers has for some reason been accelerating in recent days at White Hart Lane.

This despite the club going on their most successful unbeaten run in the Premier League era, which has seen them take a seven point lead over rivals Arsenal.

Here are the top five 'wildest' transfer rumours related to Tottenham we have heard this week:

Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon

No sooner had Lennon struck the second goal over Arsenal than his name was being linked with a switch to this week's opponents Inter Milan. The Express reported the news the speedy winger could be an option for Inter, who sold Coutinho to Liverpool earlier this year. A figure of £8 million was cited, but quite why Lennon would want to leave Spurs where he is still a first choice and with the club making big strides, is anyone's guess.

Tottenham want Ruben Botta

Ruben Botta is an Argentine midfielder who plays for Tigre in his homeland. The 23-year-old is rated at £7 million but has yet to be capped by his country and was linked in The Metro yesterday. He is an attacking midfielder who plays in a similar position to Lewis Holtby and Gylfi Sigurdsson, which makes it surprising Spurs would want to spend on an unproven player, especially with Alex Pritchard waiting to breakthrough.

Anzhi Machachkala want Emmanuel Adebayor

This could be a perfect deal for Spurs fans who are keen to see the back of Adebayor, with the big spending Russians said to be willing to take on his £100,000 a week wage packet and offer £10 million for the striker. The news was reported by Italian media outlet TMW, but there has been no concrete interest announced, so this one could just be all talk.

Real Madrid want Kyle Walker

This one really is a wild transfer rumour, and we'd suggest treating it as just that. It was reported by The People at the weekend that Madrid want Walker to replace Alvaro Arbeloa at right-back, and had been alerted to Walker's talent when scouting Gareth Bale. There was talk of a £15 million offer, but we'd be truly shocked if Walker left this summer even for Real.

Tottenham want Jordy Clasie

The Metro again, claimed Spurs want Feyenoord youngster Jordy Clasie. The 21-year-old is Dutch international who was linked with Tottenham back in the Autumn. Nothing came of it in January and we'd be surprised if it did in the summer. Clasie is a big Feyenoord fan who has repeatedly said he has little intention of leaving his boyhood club, and we can't imagine it would happen so early into his career.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

I think the most likely of those is the Adebayor rumour, but it'll be dependant on whether Spurs can bring in 2 strikers in the summer you'd feel.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:57 pm

Every Spurs fan I know, and I know a few, cant wait to see Adebayor leave. I'd snap any takers hand off for 10 million quid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

It's strange as last year he was actually pretty good, he went missing in some games, but overall I felt like it was a good move to sign him permanently. This year he's been awful, he seems to have lost all motivation because AVB prefers Defoe over him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

Adebayor was good in spells last season he gave the team a focal point that was missing but since he signed full time he has been utter garbage especially since his return from the ACON, he seems to have no desire his aerial challenges for a big man are so half hearted. He needs to move on and hopefully anzi are stupid enough to take him as I can't see another prem side taking a chance on him...then again QPR seem to buy any old rubbish so there maybe hope!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm

MtotheC wrote:Adebayor was good in spells last season he gave the team a focal point that was missing but since he signed full time he has been utter garbage especially since his return from the ACON, he seems to have no desire his aerial challenges for a big man are so half hearted. He needs to move on and hopefully anzi are stupid enough to take him as I can't see another prem side taking a chance on him...then again QPR seem to buy any old rubbish so there maybe hope!

QPR. Prem side come summer? No.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:26 pm

That's a good point! Russia it is then!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:32 pm

Still can't believe you didn't sign a striker in January personally. It looks like you're going to get away with it, but I thought that might have been a massive error on your part in the race for 4th
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:38 pm

I was desperate for us to sign leandro damiao in this window, we've been linked with him for about 3 years now so when we were in talks on deadline day I was really excited but we left it to late again!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 07 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

Morning football board...

Predictions for tonight's Europa League ties?

Newcastle 1 vs. Anzi 1

Steaua Bucharest 0 vs. Chelsea 2

Tottenham 2 vs. Inter 1

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 07 Mar 2013, 1:42 pm

newcaslte 0-0 anzhi
Steaua 1-2 Chelski
Spuds 3 - 1 Inter
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

Fantastic performance from spurs tonight, yes inter weren't at the races but Spurs desire was arguably the best I've seen it all season, they chased the ball down and pressed more than any spurs side I've seen, a wonderful sight for fans!

Gylfi was superb tonight glad to see he stuck out his rocky start and worked hard to get in the team, you can tell he doesn't want to lose his spot with the work rate he put in tonight.

Lennon is at the top of his game at the moment, the best he's played in years surely an England call up is deserved?

Parker was almost faultless tonight, a real anchor in centre mid and such calming influence.

A real team performance right through the side from GK through defence who looked sound and a tireless midfield performance, bring on the last 8!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm

Gallas still worries me, but AVB has seen the light and isn't playing him in the Prem.

Tie is all but over imo, which is good seeming as Bale is out of the second leg! Very impressed by Spurs tonight, need to get ready for Liverpool on Sunday now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:04 pm

It's about time an English side won the Uefa cup and Spurs are more than capable of being that side. Great win tonight. clap

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 07 Mar 2013, 11:52 pm

wonderful result tonight, i was at a pub quiz so only saw the first half. whats happened to this inter side?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

Very impressive performance from Spurs, crowd was very good as well. I hope you's don't turn up on Sunday playing like that.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 08 Mar 2013, 9:54 am

Sunday looks like its going to be a great match, both sides playing the best football of their season and two world class players on top of their game in LS as GB.

Anfield hasn't been a fruitful place for spurs over the years but we won there last season and this form I feel confident we can get the three points.

Any early predictions for this one?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:19 am

3-3. Should be a cracking game.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:45 am

I think it was a draw last season. You won the season before.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 08 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

yeah 0-0 last season, 2-0 season before that.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:17 pm

Here's a question for all Spurs and Chelsea fans:

How did AVB get it so wrong at Chelsea yet is now getting it so right at white hart lane?

Do the Chelsea fans on v2 believe that his sacking was a mistake and that if Rom had stuck with him, he would now be delivering?

Personally I think the board at Chelsea made promises to AVB that they couldn’t or wouldn’t keep, they told him it was a project, they told him to dismantle the squad, to refresh the playing style and move on the aging stars.

Yet when he puts the boards directive into place they sack him! Chelsea is an unfortunate blot on AVB's copy book, he is an excellent tactician and the spurs players seem to love him, I can only see us going from strength to strength under his guidance and feel Chelsea would have been far better off sticking than twisting so early into his reign.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

AVB was tasked with leading a revolution, however the inmates run the asylum at Chelsea, and Terry/Lampard/Drogba etc didn't like being pushed out the door. Roman then stuck to form and backed his players over his manager.

However AVB also must take blame, he was a tad too my way or the highway.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:16 pm

Agree and I think you can tell that his experience at Chelsea has made him a better manager.

Roman got a lot of praise when he appointed AVB, it was a bold and somewhat dynamic decision to appoint and task him which such a project yet at the first sign of trouble he boots him into touch. I have always had a soft spot for Chelsea even as a spurs fan but the way that club is run frustrates the hell out of me and the sacking of RDM this season underpins that frustration, 4 points of top with a champions league and FA cup fresh in the memory.

I just don’t understand the logic behind some of the hiring’s and sackings. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely! Roman Abromovich has all the power at Chelsea, the billionaire answers to no one, certainly not the growing number of managers he’s hired and dispatched during his reign and this is the root of Chelsea problems. This powerful, rich man surrounds himself with yes men, men that tell him how great and how cleaver he is and in the world of business the former is generally true however this is football and Abromovich should stick to what he knows best, which is providing the cash! Bring in people to make the footballing decisions, people who know the game, that sort of combination would make an extremely promising foundation for many years to come. If Abromovich has been getting advise on the game from inside his exclusive inner circle then it’s been bad advice, parting ways with Jose Mourinho who brought the blues their first league title in 50 years, sacking Carlo Ancelotti after making Chelsea history by winning the League and FA cup double, dismissing a talented young manager in AVB and ruthlessly firing RDM after winning the clubs first ever European cup, this mixture of rich bored tycoon and football club is a cocktail destined to be the undoing of any potentially sustained glory for Chelsea.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:40 am

MLS.com are reporting that Bostock has joined Toronto on loan

On Friday, midfielder John Bostock became the latest player to link up with the Reds, joining Toronto on loan from English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur. Bostock will be officially added to the Toronto FC roster and eligible for selection upon receipt of his International Transfer Clearance (ITC). Per league and club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Mar 2013, 4:31 pm

MtotheC can you explain why Jake Livermore is playing?

1. He's useless.
2. Dembele is being played out of position, you're so unbalanced it's unbelievable.
3. Holtby sitting on the bench could be wide right, with Dembele in normal position
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 10 Mar 2013, 6:57 pm

RLivermore's progression over the last two seasons has been excellent he's a home grown talent which always gets you some leeway with the management and fans but his inclusion really unbalanced the side today, both dembele and Sig were cutting in leaving no width what so ever. We missed Lennon today badly not only his creativity but his work ethic and energy levels, I would have personally played holtby on the right in a straight swap for Lennon.

Personal error cost is the three points and at the very least a draw today, Defoe just wasn't at it!

Well played Liverpool a deserved three points IMO

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

I don't think Liverpool deserved it at all personally.

Spurs threw that game away, much the better side imo.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

I thought a draw would have been the fair result. When Spurs took the lead I was convinced they were going to get a third.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:15 pm

couldnt bring myself to post yesterday, we completely threw it away. what was walker thinking? its not the first time hes done that either. and defoe, i am getting so f*cking tired of him. he did nothing upfront and gave liverpool their winner. i wouldnt expect to see what he did in a kids game let alone a f*cking pro game. defoe and walker really really let themselves down yesterday. lloris, unfortunately he didnt cover himsef in glory did he with the backpass (or whatever it was supposed to be) once again dembele and bale shone for us. i did think at times demebele was trying to do too much and got away with and somehow managed to come away with possession, and im glad parker is continuing to settle back into his role despite losing possession a couple of times, hes also looking for more forward passes. holtby should of been on so much sooner. sigurdson needs to take some of the blame too i think for being so wasteful and at times selfish. i was getting angry watching defoe and sigurdson, one minute ignoring each other and the next not being able to get out of each others way.

so dissapointing to lose that game

argh, im done now

tbh even if we did have another collapse i cant see arsenal doing enough and i think liverpool are just too far behind. everton, west brom and swansea just dont have enough in them for the challenge

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:22 pm

livermore just isnt worth mentioning. he shouldnt be playing in these big games. id rather huddlestone played alowing dembele to play further forward

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

cant see anything other than a 0-0 tonight

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:30 pm

these officials are shocking.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

This wasn't supposed to happen. This will be all about Bale, or the lack of, should you exit the competition tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:37 pm

William Gallas and Emmanual Adebayor. Spurs need rid of these pointless players ASAP
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

What a disaster.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

Adebayor is an absolute embarrassment to the club. He's done as a top level footballer.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

this is just annoying, only had to defend a 3 goal lead.

i question the point of gallas existence not just his position in the team

the referee is effing awful

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

i expect we'll score an undeserved goal to take us through

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 14 Mar 2013, 7:52 pm

i would love to personally meet gallas, just so i can tell him how awful and embarrassing he is to watch

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm

Adebayor didn't hit row Z Shocked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next