The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Show...

4 posters

Go down

The Daily Show... Empty The Daily Show...

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 11:22

....with Jon Stewart.

I remember catching this a few years ago whilst stuck in a lonely hotel room in America.

It is now being shown on a one day delay in the UK. It's on the Comedy Central channel at 23:00 Tuesday to Friday.

Has anybody seen the programme before? It is a satirical news show with some interesting guests and sketches. It is genuinely funny and insightful if you're interested in political satire. He doesn't let any US politicians off lightly, Democrat or GOP, and it really does its best to highlight the inconsistencies in politicians throughout the world.

Well worth a watch if anybody gets the chance.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Daily Show... Empty Re: The Daily Show...

Post by WhiteCamry Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 11:08

Do they run The Colbert Report with it?

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 11:38

Freakin' love the Daily Show with John Stewart. Go on youtube and watch all the clips of him absolutely destroying Fox News and in particular its top dog - John O'Reilly.

So funny. Fox News is one of the most disgracefully biaised and mis-informed/mis-leading ignorant 'news' stations I've ever come across and is basically just a mouthpiece for the GOP.

Watching Jon Stewart debate 'live' with JO'R shows just intelligent and insightful he is, not just witty. Would be great to have someone on UK tele like that, instead of Muppet like Will Self.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 13:05

WhiteCamry wrote:Do they run The Colbert Report with it?

Yeah, now and again it makes an appearance, mate. Funny stuff.

TopHat; Stewart is incredibly funny and well in tune with US politics. You're right, he is extremely intelligent as well as being witty. The thing I like is although he is clearly anti-GOP, if a Democrat makes a t!t of himself, Stewart will haul them over the coals as well.

I have seen him and O'Reilly verbally sparring, pal. Although I think you mean 'Bill' rather than 'John'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 13:21

Whoops, yes I did!

Either way, he's a Tinkywinky. Cracked up as this HIGH SCHOOL student completely owns him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9xugFK7-IU

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 13:26

Can't believe Tophat is dissing Fox news...... Wink

Tino is spot on that there is a perception that he only goes after Republicans....The show has been going for years now and is hugely relevant in the political world....

A guy called Craig Kilborn used to host the show but I believe he went on to the more respected at the time Late show...

As a political satirist Stewart is second to none and hugely influential as a poll suggested that a good deal of 18-30 year olds formulated their political views from watching Stewart...

Why politicians (blue or red)..even If they know they will get a rough ride go on because they reach a new audience....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 Mar 2013 - 13:41

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

A guy called Craig Kilborn used to host the show but I believe he went on to the more respected at the time Late show...

As a political satirist Stewart is second to none

Truss, you may know more about this than me, but wasn't Stewart in the frame for the late show but Kilborn got the gig instead? Stewart then went on to make The Daily Show even more successful? Could have got that wrong though.

Agree with your second part. He rips into incompetent politicians, either side of the divide.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Aug 2015 - 13:05

And so it's all over. Jon Stewart has left The Daily Show after 17 years and moved on to pastures new.

One of the finest satirists of any generation and many US politicians will sleep a little easier these days knowing he isn't on to their bullsh*t and hypocrisy.

An intelligent, erudite and genuinely witty man and the world of political satire will be a poorer place without him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down